• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
This looks so good! I can't!

4EA9C0A6EF739E8B29E3D84DAD3A947F78259FC6

0936A9FBA8DAE005C97DE0D85593B460F14CD0DC

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion with Misery/Sin Blade or Scorpion with Demon Dash/Breath/Fireball...?

I don't know which one would be more obnoxious gameplay-wise (misery blade?), but the fire ones look the coolest, so I think they should be in. Three presets aren't really enough given all the moves they put in. Some cool stuff will get wasted.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
So people are getting the Shang variation they wanted with all four ninja moves but losing everything but straight fireball.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Man, I don't know what I was hoping for with Kotal but 2 totems and enhanced sun disk was not it. I just want ascension to ditch the shitty god beam...

edit: Maybe it'll be the greatest variation. I haven't really played lately, so maybe the last patch did make a difference.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The new Johnny variation has literally not a single KB he can use besides d2. That's crazy.

Gotta have to check the frame data on the fireballs though. And check if they whiff randomly on characters or not.

New Towers stuff is really nice.

And godlike Shang Tsung variation.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Liking the third variations so far (the ones I caught on stream, that is), at the very least to potentially really, really shake up the scene. New game mode is in the mode I like the least (Towers Of Time), but I guess taken as a whole, all of the Tower changes do improve it. Just still...my least favourite way to play the game, but the best way to unlock stuff. Sigh.

The new Johnny variation has literally not a single KB he can use besides d2. That's crazy.

Gotta have to check the frame data on the fireballs though. And check if they whiff randomly on characters or not.

New Towers stuff is really nice.

And godlike Shang Tsung variation.
Did they specifically say that? If not, I'd wait for the patch notes, as there's a chance that they added some Krushing Blows but forgot to go through them.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Liking the third variations so far (the ones I caught on stream, that is), at the very least to potentially really, really shake up the scene. New game mode is in the mode I like the least (Towers Of Time), but I guess taken as a whole, all of the Tower changes do improve it. Just still...my least favourite way to play the game, but the best way to unlock stuff. Sigh.

Did they specifically say that? If not, I'd wait for the patch notes, as there's a chance that they added some Krushing Blows but forgot to go through them.

They went over the new KB they gave other characters and Johnny's KB situation has been a joke since launch so there is a 0% chance they forgot to mention them.

None of his remaining abilities have any KB, which includes that 3rd variation.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So now we're back at three variations essentially like the last game except we can customize costumes. I guess that's an improvement? but I still hate the wasted moves. Hopefully if they truly are supporting this game more than usual we get a fourth with the remaining movess in a few months.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Misery Blade is my shit, probably my favourite thing in the entire game. I'm so hyped to go back to Scorp for that alone.

Oct 27, 2017
So what's the new mode? Is there a list of everything they covered in the kast anywhere?
A new boss tower you do at 3 people simultaneously where you have to do challenges (like jump 3 times...) at the same time to get buffs (shield...).

Some qol stuff: they revamped the ToT UI. They added ways to get skeleton keys in Krypt (hanging bodies you throw spear at).

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A new boss tower you do at 3 people simultaneously where you have to do challenges (like jump 3 times...) at the same time to get buffs (shield...).

Some qol stuff: they revamped the ToT UI. They added ways to get skeleton keys in Krypt (hanging bodies you throw spear at).

"Shang Tsung: New Ability - Contains Force Lift (Ermac), Shake (Smoke), Slide (Reptile), and Super Kick (Rain). "

Finally. FINALLY! Best news of the bunch here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
There's a Kast this Wednesday where they strongly hinted/essentially confirmed it being about him, so expect a trailer any time before then.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Can't tell what I want more - a spot-on Arnie impersonator, or one that's actually pretty bad.

Really crossing the fingers for Linda Hamilton Sonya.

I guess history has had the patch arrive 1 week prior to a DLC character drop, so many are speculating we'll get the 3rd Variation patch tomorrow. My gut still says next week but here's hoping!