• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Are the next KL skins in the game already or will there need to be a patch first?
In the game, at least the pictures of Baraka's are. You can see them on this website by picking the appropriate character and seeing their skins.

sorcery0.png

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's always weird how these seem to overlap with a new character.

Cetrion is the top tier skin. Kano the middle. Kabal the bottom.

I'm really lucking out for these leagues. None of my faves have been top and I never could be bothered getting that high.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I just read Sindel's bio and I'm enraged. This is not Sindel. Sindel is supposed to be a tragic character, not a backstabbing traitor. WTH Netherrealm?

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Okay, I just read Sindel's bio and I'm enraged. This is not Sindel. Sindel is supposed to be a tragic character, not a backstabbing traitor. WTH Netherrealm?

And Sub-Zero and Scorpion are supposed to be eternal enemies, and now their brotherhood is my favorite thing from the franchise. Let them try something new with this timeline, Nightwolf new backstory worked well for me.

MK3 and Deception will always be there for tragic Sindel, and if it doesn't work, there's a reboot coming anyway.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MK11 is on sale on Steam for ~$36. Is the story mode worth it for that price if I have no plans to do multiplayer? Or, should I hold out for a possible bigger sale for their Autumn/Christmas sales?

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dag. What's a good price if I'm only interested in story mode? I've had 9 and X in my backlog after grabbing them for $5 each. Had fun going through their stories on easy earlier this year after getting caught up in the 11 hype. I'd like to go through 11s as well.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Dag. What's a good price if I'm only interested in story mode? I've had 9 and X in my backlog after grabbing them for $5 each. Had fun going through their stories on easy earlier this year after getting caught up in the 11 hype. I'd like to go through 11s as well.

I can't really say honestly. If you'll do a lot of single player, than that's a diffrent question, but I wouldn't spend more than a rental if only playing through story and moving on.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
Fellow gear kollectors, can you check if you have a Lance for Shao Kahn called "Emperor Dar Kahn's Lance"?

It's the only AI Battle reward I'm missing, I don't know if I'm unlucky or if it's a bug. If no one have it, I'll try again for it after Sindel's patch.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Fellow gear kollectors, can you check if you have a Lance for Shao Kahn called "Emperor Dar Kahn's Lance"?

It's the only AI Battle reward I'm missing, I don't know if I'm unlucky or if it's a bug. If no one have it, I'll try again for it after Sindel's patch.

I have all of his gear. The drop rate for rewards slows down a ton for the last few things you need from AI battles. I had all the AI battle drops before the last two DLC characters, and their last few pieces took a lot of battles.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
I have all of his gear. The drop rate for rewards slows down a ton for the last few things you need from AI battles. I had all the AI battle drops before the last two DLC characters, and their last few pieces took a lot of battles.

Damn, I'll keep playing AI Battle. Thank you for checking! Do you mind checking this list for me? It's the only gear I'm missing besides Kombat League stuff.

• Shang Tsung
Bracers
Dark Magician's Hands - Tag Assist Towers
Korloven Imperial Bracers - Premier Towers
Ancient Scrolls
Forbidden Words of the Magi - Premier Towers
Mystic Soul Incantations - Premier Towers
Shao Kahn's Darkest Magic - Tag Assist Towers
Soul Phylacteries
Lost Souls of Gebrendan - Tag Assist Towers
Swiped Shirai Ryu Spirits - Found in the Towers of Time

• Nightwolf
Headdresses
Ram's Charge - Tag Assist Towers
Forest Stalker - ???
Gunstock War Clubs
River Hook - Tag Assist Towers
Tomahawks
Osprey - Tag Assist Towers

• Jax
Buckles
Above and Beyond - Found in the Krypt

• Scorpion
Spears
Wani's Tail - Found in Normal Krypt Chests

• Raiden
Hats
Unyielding Kombatant - Tag Assist Towers
Staves
Lightfury - Tag Assist Towers
Medallions
Stormy Savior - Tag Assist Towers

• Sub-Zero
Ninja Masks
Grandmaster's Icy Mask - Found in the Krypt

• Liu Kang
Nunchakus
Xuánwu - ???
Bracers
Fiery Palm Strike - ???

• Kung Lao
Hats
Fortune and Glory - Found in Normal Krypt Chests
Bracers
Scales of Jiaolong - Found in the Towers of Time
Insignias
Savagery of Liebao - Found in the Towers of Time

• D'Vorah
Ovipositors
Insidious Protruscis - Found in Normal Krypt Chests

• Kotal Kahn
Macanas
Tonaltzintli - Found in Normal Krypt Chests

• Terminator
Sunglasses
Machine Warrior - Premier Towers
Indestructible - Premier Towers
Shotguns
Karver Special Model DR-95 - Premier Towers
Steele & Sabre AS-7 - Premier Towers
Grenades
MKDC - Crossover Armament - Premier Towers
96-JAW Tactical Explosive - Premier Towers

• Geras
Temporal Anchors
Sentry of Centuries - ???

Shao Kahn I'm only missing that AI spear, and for Frost, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Cassie, Noob, Baraka, Jacqui, Kano, Kabal, Kitana, Jade, Scarlet, Erron Black, Kollector and Cetrion I have everything, yey.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
lol, this new Team Raid is very uh... annoying is a good word for it I suppose.

It was pretty annoying, but for the first time ever, it paired me with only one teammate. It waited the 80 seconds or whatever, and it was just two of us.

I think this made it a lot easier as there wasn't a third wheel wasting lives or whatever.

but yeah, I liked the Sub-Zero one last time.

Oct 26, 2017
Lookit all that hair. If Sindel actually uses her hair to strike people akin to a character like Shantae or Millia from GG, then that'll be a tremendous upgrade.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'll keep playing AI Battle. Thank you for checking! Do you mind checking this list for me? It's the only gear I'm missing besides Kombat League stuff.

I don't have time to check it all, but it looks similar to mine in that a number of things that say "Found in Towers of Time" don't drop yet. Also the "Found in Normal Krypt Chests" ones are glitched and which items those are differ for people. NRS was made aware of it after the last patch and I'm hoping it gets addressed in the upcoming one. Maybe one day the Krypt and gear stuff won't be bugged in some way.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Super chuffed that they actually might have Sindel with long hair all the time and not the weird extension situation they had in Deception and 9.

Maybe not.......but still hyped

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder... if she has a persona the whole time, that's pretty hype (even if she doesn't end up being a puppet character).

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I love any and all monter themed skins, but what's with the choices in that Gothic Horror skin pack? Geras' schtick is manipulating sand with all those sand moves and Cetrion gets the mummy skin? What a waste. That's gonna irrationally bother me so much.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Kabal's air to ground fireball is single handedly making me want to uninstall, jesus why is it so hard to deal with.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I love any and all monter themed skins, but what's with the choices in that Gothic Horror skin pack? Geras' schtick is manipulating sand with all those sand moves and Cetrion gets the mummy skin? What a waste. That's gonna irrationally bother me so much.
Geras would've made a good mummy, but a lot of his schtick is literally being a dude constantly stitched back together, while Cetrion's mummy skin looks more Aztec in design (like Kotal), so it's not entirely out of left-field.

But the lack of Vampire Skarlet is the real oversight.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Geras would've made a good mummy, but a lot of his schtick is literally being a dude constantly stitched back together, while Cetrion's mummy skin looks more Aztec in design (like Kotal), so it's not entirely out of left-field.

But the lack of Vampire Skarlet is the real oversight.

Geras has too much sand flying around on screen for him to be anything but a mummy in my mind and I'm sticking to it! He's not physically stitched and bolted together with miscellaneous parts like a Frankenstein monster. All his transformations are sand-based. The only Frankenstein like thing is he's big. Look at all the sand manipulation and transformations in his intros and outros. Him not being a mummy is absloute madness I tell you! NRS was smoking something when they made this choice. if I played Gears I'd be even more irritated. Monster/Hallowen costumes are serious business!!!

Maybe Skarlet wastes too much blood to be a vampire. They wanna drink it, not waste it on attacks. I can kinda see that.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Geras has too much sand flying around on screen for him to be anything but a mummy in my mind and I'm sticking to it! He's not physically stitched and bolted together with miscellaneous parts like a Frankenstein monster. All his transformations are sand-based. The only Frankenstein like thing is he's big. Look at all the sand manipulation and transformations in his intros and outros. Him not being a mummy is absloute madness I tell you! NRS was smoking something when they made this choice. if I played Gears I'd be even more irritated. Monster/Hallowen costumes are serious business!!!

Maybe Skarlet wastes too much blood to be a vampire. They wanna drink it, not waste it on attacks. I can kinda see that.
Oh, c'mon, I'm sure Skarlet would've rocked a Carmilla costume.
original.gif

tenor.gif

But, yeah, Geras as a Mummy would've made sense.
Curse-of-the-Pharaohs-Releases-Launch-Trailer-1.jpg.optimal-1.jpg