• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
because we didn't get the newest patch yet!

Please understand, NRS is a small indie developer.
It's fucking pathetic. I remember getting called an idiot for saying we'd be behind the consoles like usual

tenor.gif

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
uhh it's ridiculous right now? Just smashing jugs in the krypt gets me skins, gear, and fatalities. I kinda don't like it; it's too easy to get stuff now?

Edit: even spearing a hanging body in the Krypt nets me stuff (two artworks one time, an augment and a gear piece another time). In twenty minutes picked up all the fatalities I was missing.

Is this available on Switch also? Would like to start collecting but the grind has made it unbearable.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Is this available on Switch also? Would like to start collecting but the grind has made it unbearable.
Patch is not out on Switch either.

Please understand, NRS is a small indie developer.

The patches for PC and Switch will come on 27 or 28 January to coincide with Joker's release if previous situations like this are anything to go by

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is gear, skins and so on that were part of limited time events, right? Are those gone for ever, or will they rotate back eventually?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
There is gear, skins and so on that were part of limited time events, right? Are those gone for ever, or will they rotate back eventually?
They'll definitely rotate back. They've already been bringing them back in a way with limited time krypt events or as part of the Time Krystals store.

They might not get put straight into the loot pool as unlockable items from towers/krypt though so it's still just timed events ultimately.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
They sort of look like Joker trying to fit into the Mortal Kombat universe with all the random unnecessary belts, straps, and fabric.

It's an interesting idea but when there's basically only 4 unique skins with different colors, I wish they would have used any number of different looks from comics/cartoons/movies/other games.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Terminator has Johnny Cage's motorcycle and action figures and MK T-shirts and gear pieces, so it feels like one of the concepts with guest characters this time around is to better canonize them in the MK universe. Joker's alts look like he's trying to establish himself as a crime lord in the MK universe by dressing up in familiar high fashion, reminiscent of Edenian royalty and such.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Say what you want about him as a pick, they really did a terrific job with the Joker.

unknown.png
Maybe, but i still think that there were much better choices for both guests and MK characters.
The fact that not a single NRS game (Injustice or MK) had a female guest...

And i still think that half of the Kombat Pack characters being guests is too much.

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Maybe, but i still think that there were much better choices for both guests and MK characters.

And i still think that half of the Kombat Pack characters being guests is too much.
I do know they tried to get Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't disagree though. Oh well.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Yeah I do agree with you. Even now having seen how well they pulled him off, I still would've preferred a different guest if not a returning/new MK character.

But at least it's not a Leatherface situation.

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They'll definitely rotate back. They've already been bringing them back in a way with limited time krypt events or as part of the Time Krystals store.

They might not get put straight into the loot pool as unlockable items from towers/krypt though so it's still just timed events ultimately.
Thats fine, as long as they're not gone completely.

Gonna buy the game next time it goes on sale on Psn

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely can't think of any mainstream pop culture figures who are female that would fit MK's realistic, gory aesthetic besides maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but she hasn't been relevant in a long time, and it'd be weird seeing her get decapitated and disemboweled. Getting Sarah Michelle Gellar on board might also be a hurdle.

I honestly think Joker's pretty underrated as a guest character pick. He's the most iconic comic book villain in the world and fits perfectly with the MK aesthetic. I guess he doesn't feel very special since he's been in the Injustice games, but at least he's been redesigned from the ground up here.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I do know they tried to get Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't disagree though. Oh well.

Wait. They did!?

Aw man, does that mean she's no-go for KP2? Her, Ash, and Deadpool were my dream picks for KP2.

What other popular R-rated female character could they get now? Hit-Girl would be too young. Sarah Conor would be seen as unnecessary since we already have the Terminator. Ripley maybe? I don't know if they'd go with her after already doing an Xenomorph in the last game. I know Hideki Kamiya is down with Bayonetta in MK, but would Nintendo and Sega be?

The only character that I could see as a possibility would be The Bride from Kill Bill.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Wait. They did!?

Aw man, does that mean she's no-go for KP2? Her, Ash, and Deadpool were my dream picks for KP2.

What other popular R-rated female character could they get now? Hit-Girl would be too young. Sarah Conor would be seen as unnecessary since we already have the Terminator. Ripley maybe? I don't know if they'd go with her after already doing an Xenomorph in the last game. I know Hideki Kamiya is down with Bayonetta in MK, but would Nintendo and Sega be?

The only character that I could see as a possibility would be The Bride from Kill Bill.
How bout Mad Max Furiosa? Warner Brothers too...

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Do we know how to unlock the plain headgear for Sindel with the alternate hair styles? They only say ??? on the screen
Same question. It looks like some players got 30/30 for all of her gear but i can't get them. I am still missing 2 or 3 of each. And i am playing brutal towers with her all the time.

I am also missing one skin. But it looks like everyone else does because it wasn't released yet.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Same question. It looks like some players got 30/30 for all of her gear but i can't get them. I am still missing 2 or 3 of each. And i am playing brutal towers with her all the time.

I am also missing one skin. But it looks like everyone else does because it wasn't released yet.
Honestly, that's how my friend did it. Playing Brutal and hoping the RNG gods don't just give you another augment...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I believe there was a premier tower with Sindel and Shao Kahn that had one or two of the hairstyles. The rest is all towers, character towers and good ol RNG.
Can confirm. I have literally all of Sindel's gear EXCEPT that one skin.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I have all the Sindel gear, but it took a while because there were a handful that only show up in the rapid and the lower right tower, not via brutal boss towers. If you are only getting augments you just need to keep an eye on those popping up, and they don't seem to frequently.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So I kind of fell of this game a month or 2 after launch (not really the game's fault, I'm just terrible at fighting games and just moved on), but I came back to it this weekend to get through the story mode before GOTY voting ended, and I think I'm kind of into the game now. The story mode was a lot of goofy fun, and I think it was really nice in terms of introducing me to characters I hadn't really tried before. I'm really enjoying playing as Jade and doing damage with my pole. I went through the character tower to unlock her mask-less gear, which was pretty cool. I'm actually beating some AI fights on medium now (I know that's not a big deal to most, but for someone as terrible at these games as me, it felt like I finally made some progress lol).

I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it, but I certainly feel interested in trying to get better, and maybe checking out some of the DLC characters. I think it also helps that the game looks really nice on PC to me.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
So I kind of fell of this game a month or 2 after launch (not really the game's fault, I'm just terrible at fighting games and just moved on), but I came back to it this weekend to get through the story mode before GOTY voting ended, and I think I'm kind of into the game now. The story mode was a lot of goofy fun, and I think it was really nice in terms of introducing me to characters I hadn't really tried before. I'm really enjoying playing as Jade and doing damage with my pole. I went through the character tower to unlock her mask-less gear, which was pretty cool. I'm actually beating some AI fights on medium now (I know that's not a big deal to most, but for someone as terrible at these games as me, it felt like I finally made some progress lol).

I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it, but I certainly feel interested in trying to get better, and maybe checking out some of the DLC characters. I think it also helps that the game looks really nice on PC to me.

Great job man I know the feeling, I started trying to play fighting games again in 2018 after maybe my last proper game being Soulcalibur 2. I bought Streetfighter IV and Soulcalibur 4 on Xbox 360 and probs played them for about a few hours or so. Kinda realised I was just dreadful and wasn't having fun like I did playing with friends.

2018 I decided there were so many good fighting games that I was missing out on and got Dragonball, Street Fighter V and Tekken and started learning. I'm still terrible lol but at least I understand a bit better what is going on and can actually get some wins. I got Soulcalibur VI which I love and Mortal Kombat 11 and as an example of progress my first character in MK 11 was Kung Lao which has a win/lose record of 222/430 and then I picked up Kollector Novemberish last year and that is at about 240/230. Originally with Kung Lao I think I went 100 games with about 5 wins.

So yea little changes man, fighting those medium AI is a big deal if it hasn't been your life for years and what counts most is if your having fun! Id suggest the casual playlists because even getten beat can be fun seeing the wacky variations and names people come up with.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Great job man I know the feeling, I started trying to play fighting games again in 2018 after maybe my last proper game being Soulcalibur 2. I bought Streetfighter IV and Soulcalibur 4 on Xbox 360 and probs played them for about a few hours or so. Kinda realised I was just dreadful and wasn't having fun like I did playing with friends.

2018 I decided there were so many good fighting games that I was missing out on and got Dragonball, Street Fighter V and Tekken and started learning. I'm still terrible lol but at least I understand a bit better what is going on and can actually get some wins. I got Soulcalibur VI which I love and Mortal Kombat 11 and as an example of progress my first character in MK 11 was Kung Lao which has a win/lose record of 222/430 and then I picked up Kollector Novemberish last year and that is at about 240/230. Originally with Kung Lao I think I went 100 games with about 5 wins.

So yea little changes man, fighting those medium AI is a big deal if it hasn't been your life for years and what counts most is if your having fun! Id suggest the casual playlists because even getten beat can be fun seeing the wacky variations and names people come up with.

Thanks for those words of encouragement, really appreciate it. And it's cool to hear your journey through fighting games and getting better over time. That's awesome!

I think one thing that's really clicking for me in MK11 now is having a character I'm having fun playing as in Jade, and its motivating me to try to learn how to play the game better. Think I'll take a stab at those casual playlists once I know the combos a bit better.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been awhile since I played this and I didn't know they added stage brutalities. Someone fried me with the amulet in Shinnok's Bone Temple

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The Buffy deal that didn't work out was for Injustice 2.

You are NEVER getting Buffy eviscerated left and right in MK. Never.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
After the PC patch (finally!), I went to the Krypt, and after smashing some pots, skulls and opening chests I got all the remaining gear I was missing from there, all the music, recipes, some icons and backgrounds, some artwork, but I'm still missing a lot of the character artworks and 7 of the props artworks. Anyone in the same boat?

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Premium edition on sale right now, for 35 bucks. Glad I waited for this deal instead of getting a physical copy. Gonna jump in this Friday hopefully.

Kinda curious to see how it'll rank compared to both Injustice games and MKX. Last time I played I2 I got incredibly frustrated, meanwhile I had a blast with MK.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Cangaceiro Kano is available in the premium shop. Only original skin with one recolor and some gear. The same as how they did for Klassic Female skins.

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was done with Kombat League but damn I need that Sub-Zero skin. Really hope it isn't Demi-God and up. Also Joker seems fun? Only really messed with his Mad Man variation but it's fun to just hit buttons with him.

Competitive wise I need to stop blocking low against Sindels that love to flip in the air. It's a really bad habit that I have yet to break.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't played in a while.

Jesus christ the wifi warriors are worse than ever. I think I had a single good match out of the evening.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The DC skins are really great. Especially the Croc skin for Baraka. The new flag gear item is an especially nice touch.