• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want cash shop currency so I can wait and pray something I wanted shows up I wanted a token good for unlocking any one skin darn it.

Nov 3, 2017
The krypt will supposedly be easier when the rewards in the towers get increased. It'll depend on how big that increase is I guess.

they're so garbage, the problem isn't even the coin chests it's the heart chests and the souls to go into new places there's a damn pond very early on in the krypt that you need THREE THOUSAND souls to access, nothing blocking it just fuck you pay me, that's 300 fights

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. Krypt doesn't seem to get any changes at all. THeyre just gonna give us shit
Yes, because the Krypt is a long-term rewards structure for a game with several years of content planned They're fixing the Towers, which are overtuned and not giving players rewards at a decent enough rate.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
informative, if a bit awkward kombat kast.
Pretty much where I stand.

Fixes are coming, the Krypt was better explained (everyone gets the same stuff, happy to hear), and a chunk of free currencies coming out soon to ease the grind until the patch rolls out.

A bit of an awkward damage kontrol kast, but I'm happy for the changes.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Quick recap of the kast?
source.gif

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great, the Krypt stays one giant lootbox, they are just giving us some free stuff. 500k koins is not much for 600 chests (the number of chests they stated are in the Krypt). After spending those koins, which will hardly make a dent, the Krypt will stay a grindy, gambling nightmare.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I'm not joining the circlejerk, but these guys are not lying. They mentioned these changes and I've already noticed them and have reported on them over the past 24 hours:
- CPU health is lowered across the board, and boss health has a ceiling now.
- Many unblockable modifiers are blockable now
- There are longer cooldowns between enemy using their modifiers
- More modifier changes are coming in a patch later this week or early next week.

They are also giving away some freebies in terms of in game currencies. In my personal opinion, Towers of Time is in a really, really good place right now. I know some of you might still struggle on certain fights, and a couple of people have mentioned that they still can't clear the tutorial towers, but that's on you.

At this moment, decent to great players can clear every tower either with 0 consumables, or with one or two consumables. Casual players might still struggle, but if the towers are dumbed down to the point that they're relatively easy for even new players, then they will just become mindless and boring and a waste of time for good to great players. Right now, if you're new and still struggling, keep at it, try to practice some combos or use a few consumables and you will overcome.

I am really happy with the changes thus far and this is what I wanted the towers of time to be when I purchased the game and popped in the disc.

"We're sorry, please understand. Have some in-game currencies and keep playing. We'll re-balance the towers in a weeks time."
These are just flat out lies.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, because the Krypt is a long-term rewards structure for a game with several years of content planned They're fixing the Towers, which are overtuned and not giving players rewards at a decent enough rate.

Seems like ToT is where they'll fix the issues and hopefully that'll resolve the grind a bit.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That was rough.

The only thing really new was krypt rewards are the same for everyone, just in different spots. But...that does little to alleviate that a lot of those are filled with absolute garbage and don't feel good to actually obtain.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
Quick recap of the kast?

They're giving 500k coins, 500 hearts, 1000 souls and 1000 Crystals to everyone. A server side patch should be live to reduce AI health and make some modifiers less frequent in a fight, upcoming patch will change behavior of some.

I honestly feel this doesn't adress much of the issue. It's still a RNG fest to unlock a single skin. They didn't touch anything regarding PC complaints neither.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Quick recap of the kast?

hotfix was already put out to reduce max enemy health from 4k to 1.5k (150% health) for tower fights
hotfix to reduce frequency of negative modifiers in towers

Patch to increase payouts and make rocket-modifiers blockable

Krypt Rewards are predetermined, but the regular chests are sorted randomly. They say that two players could open all 600 chests and obtain the exact same rewards by the end of it.

10 dollars in premium currency along with a large amount of regular currencies coming soon as well as an apology

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
That was awkward to watch but the announced changes are good.

They definitely need to crank up the rewards for non-coin currencies though. 250 hearts for a single Shao Kahn chest is overkill.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I'm not joining the circlejerk, but these guys are not lying. They mentioned these changes and I've already noticed them and have reported on them over the past 24 hours:
- CPU health is lowered across the board, and boss health has a ceiling now.
- Many unblockable modifiers are blockable now
- There are longer cooldowns between enemy using their modifiers
- More modifier changes are coming in a patch later this week or early next week.

They are also giving away some freebies in terms of in game currencies. In my personal opinion, Towers of Time is in a really, really good place right now. I know some of you might still struggle on certain fights, and a couple of people have mentioned that they still can't clear the tutorial towers, but that's on you.

At this moment, decent to great players can clear every tower either with 0 consumables, or with one or two consumables. Casual players might still struggle, but if the towers are dumbed down to the point that they're relatively easy for even new players, then they will just become mindless and boring and a waste of time for good to great players. Right now, if you're new and still struggling, keep at it, try to practice some combos or use a few consumables and you will overcome.

I am really happy with the changes thus far and this is what I wanted the towers of time to be when I purchased the game and popped in the disc.

These are just flat out lies.

I find it stunning that folks wouldn't trust you considering you are one of the primary reasons we (i) knew about the Towers being fucked, and (ii) ultimately NRS addressed the issue.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Quick recap of the kast?
"Apparently, we didn't play our game before we released it."
"We always want our games to be fun but we also made the towers the way that they are, oopsie lol!"
"The krypt is filled with lots of great secrets and it's fun to grind the towers and unlock chests."
"We never want to push players to spend money, the krypt is cosmetic only and you can't spend real money to get stuff in it!"
"Here's a bribe, please be excited!"

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Once again for the people in the back, Towers have already been (mostly) fixed, and are challenging, but not unfair.

Nov 18, 2017
They did a decent job there, clearly they're listening and the nerves show they take conveying the right information very seriously.

They're not going to totally throw out an mtx system, and there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Let them tweak it and see how it plays. If the grind is too high I'll just stick to playing the other modes and won't grind for cosmetics. The game itself is great fun.

I do wish the fatal blows were split down into shorter moves rather than one long chain of 3 attacks. They're gonna get old.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I find it stunning that folks wouldn't trust you considering you are one of the primary reasons we (i) knew about the Towers being fucked, and (ii) ultimately NRS addressed the issue.

I cleared almost every tower that was up today and yesterday I couldn't even dent the 4th opponent in Kabals character tower. It is a lot better I tried posting about it on Reddit but people just shout at me that it's still impossible and when I tell them to use an AI they tell me it's cheating there's no pleasing some people.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Are you fucking serious?

"They're only cosmetic".
"You can't buy the in-game currencies with real money!".
"It's all handcrafted for an enjoyable experience!".
"The krypt is filled with secrets!".
"Please take this bribe and keep playing our game!"

This is painful to watch.

As expected, really. No surprises here.

Kombat Kast live, they're pushing that they never have or will intend to make a game that pushes you to make microtransaction payments...hahaha, come on now.

No one really believes that. You don't have to look far to see otherwise. We're not dumb.

They're giving away 2 apology skins, so that needs to be updated to $6430.

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
so uh....who do ya'll guys find fun to play right now?

I honestly can't decide who to focus on. Everyone on Test Your Might is convinced their character is nerfed, unplayable, unviable etc. It's kinda funny.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I cleared almost every tower that was up today and yesterday I couldn't even dent the 4th opponent in Kabals character tower. It is a lot better I tried posting about it on Reddit but people just shout at me that it's still impossible and when I tell them to use an AI they tell me it's cheating there's no pleasing some people.

For as much as this forum rails against gamer outrage, it's still susceptible to it.
You are seeing posts like this, probably referring to someone like me, when I was the one who blew the whistle on this whole shit a week ago.
People will still eat it up and thank them
People in here already doing that it's gross
Definitely seeing a difference in how people are treating this vs Capcom's Fight money.

Nov 18, 2017
Definitely seeing a difference in how people are treating this vs Capcom's Fight money.

This game has a ton of quality single player content and a decent grinding system for cosmetics at launch.

SFV launch was an affront and the FM system is a shambles.

I don't know how you could seriously even compare the two as a value proposition with a straight face.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
For as much as this forum rails against gamer outrage, it's still susceptible to it.
You are seeing posts like this, probably referring to someone like me, when I was the one who blew the whistle on this whole shit a week ago.
Literally didn't even see your post, but whatever my dude

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
so uh....who do ya'll guys find fun to play right now?

I honestly can't decide who to focus on. Everyone on Test Your Might is convinced their character is nerfed, unplayable, unviable etc. It's kinda funny.

Jax is a lot of fun, though his movement options are a little rough considering you need to step in for the bulk of his damage.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Knowing NRS since the beginning and playing the game i can see the loop they intended but it wasnt balanced right.

I feel bad for them because i know they are honest and it sucks that thick skulled people always gonna call them liars because they only have their "stick it to the man" mentality.