• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how to beat Noob in the central first tower. The AI is blatantly reading inputs. Like they always do but he's on another level.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
The way this game feels to play is so sluggish to me. It's been awhile since I've played MKX so maybe it's not all that different but it feels like I'm playing an online game offline.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy these towers of time are some fuckin bullshit. Talk about a way to ruin a good game, make me actively hate playing it.

Armor, why armor. Even the shit that nullifies it only last a few seconds. You can't even throw through it like a normal game. Fuck

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they made them a million time easier.

I wasn't able to beat shit yesterday and here I am powering through them.

They did say some towers will remain hard because they're intended to be for challenge but most of them will be easier.

Which one are you trying to do ?

Oh boy these towers of time are some fuckin bullshit. Talk about a way to ruin a good game, make me actively hate playing it.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
My AI fighters have been getting fucking stomped by people who don't even bother to change the default AI patterns lol

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

they should do the following: give players the option to turn the bullshit off and give more rewards for playing with bullshit on, basically pimped rewards from now, and the rewards that there are now for playing without modifiers

would also love a King of Fighters style 3on3 mode where you could switch out your chars, would be awesome

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
they should do the following: give players the option to turn the bullshit off and give more rewards for playing with bullshit on, basically pimped rewards from now, and the rewards that there are now for playing without modifiers

would also love a King of Fighters style 3on3 mode where you could switch out your chars, would be awesome

I think it's fine that some towers remain hard but on my side towers that destroyed me yesterday have become a joke and super easy ??

I haven't tried the middle one yet though.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they made them a million time easier.

I wasn't able to beat shit yesterday and here I am powering through them.

They did say some towers will remain hard because they're intended to be for challenge but most of them will be easier.

Which one are you trying to do ?

The one with armor portals. Shao Kahn just takes every hit like it's nothing. I'm using Kano and I just don't seem to have many options for dealing with him at all. None of his throw combos work because of the armor, so 75% of the time I'm locked out of my highest damage tools and if I try one I could end up getting stuffed mid combo because of armor showing up during it. It's stupid.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who has been exploring the krypt, have you got Skeleton keys from normal treasure chests? I've only found them in hidden chests and so I've been saving all my money for those (krypt monster be damned), was wondering if folks found them outside.

And let me get this straight. The krypts in the chest are the same for everyone, just randomized locations. So theoretically if you just keep doing the Kronika reset you could get all the chests without doing any of the exploration stuff?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
For my Best Buy peeps, got my Shao Kahn code a few hours ago.
Check your e-mail
Should be in "Promotions" tab in Gmail

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This Cetrion skin, which we already saw as concept art, is so gorgeous:

46775225145_f21a6cfc4b_o.png

46775224925_eefd46bca3_o.png

46775225345_aa97c3e034_o.png

ayd105h1twp21.jpg

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The one with armor portals. Shao Kahn just takes every hit like it's nothing. I'm using Kano and I just don't seem to have many options for dealing with him at all. None of his throw combos work because of the armor, so 75% of the time I'm locked out of my highest damage tools and if I try one I could end up getting stuffed mid combo because of armor showing up during it. It's stupid.

Let me finish what I'm doing and I'll have a look. Do you have the name of the tower?

This Cetrion skin, which we already saw as concept art, is so gorgeous:

46775225145_f21a6cfc4b_o.png

46775224925_eefd46bca3_o.png

46775225345_aa97c3e034_o.png

ayd105h1twp21.jpg

She has a better one I tihnk :

amarec20190423-074337.PNG

Looks sick AF imo

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Man, whoever gave Lui Kang that 4 hit kick that combos with THE SAME KICK for 40% should be taken off the balance team, that shit is dumb.

Doesn't even rquire meter burn, just spam it forever. It's active forever too so it's super hard to punish

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Man playing as Geras is annoying.

He lacks a lot of the basic tools that other characters have.

No natural low starter, no good overhead and just stumpy range in general (though im using charge big fist so i am missing out on that for range)

The fact that his overhead/low mix starts with a high is horrible, especially since everyone and their mother d2s at every available opportunity AND you get a crushing blow from it.

He has good easy damage in the corner tho but that mid range game is killer for him.

Considering going back to Kano or Kotal but im gonna stick with Geras for a bit to see if i can better use him tho.

It's not like im losing a lot, it just feels like people are getting away with shit they wouldnt if i was using another character.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Is going to "Show Highlights" at the end of a match this game's meta act of disrespect?

Because people only do it when I win

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't care for Noobs voice in this one compared to 9. Sounds like a bad impression of a dude that's trying to cosplay Reaper at Blizzcon.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
To get through Towers can you just turn on the AI like in Injustice 2, and let the friendly AI fight the impossibly cheap shit for you?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You get kenshis blindfold to see secret treasures and breakable objects and sometimes a krypt ghoul pops up out of nowhere when you activate the blind fold
ah fuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Yes but according to people I've told on Reddit "it's cheating and why buy the game if you're gonna let the ai play it"
who gives a shit what they think

Tounsi_Tag

Oct 29, 2017
when I had this issue in DBFZ I had to go to my router and made sure the ports (UDP/TCP) for PS4 was open. That fixed the issue for me. We thought it was the game at first (because we were able to play together a few weeks prior) but turned out to be on my end because my ps4 ip address changed after getting my house wired.
Thank you for the help ! Will try to see if this would work :)))

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
The time between a match ending and the next one starting is entirely too long for no reason.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! that's good 👍 and well, if the in-game enemy AI is gonna cheat, then I'm gonna fight fire with fire lol. Have absolutely zero guilt about turning AI on for some bullshit challenges.

No kidding I fought a Sonya today that was doing 430 damage combos while the screen was black one hit and it was over. It still took my AI 10 minutes to beat it and that was after I loaded it up with self healing items and grenades that stunned her.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hows the PC version of the game? I remember I saw a post in a thread mentioning the PC port of Injustice or MK10, one of those 2, was iffy or something. So I was wondering about that.

Thanks.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
At times this story feels like a shameless Persona ripoff, and I'm OK with that.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hows the PC version of the game? I remember I saw a post in a thread mentioning the PC port of Injustice or MK10, one of those 2, was iffy or something. So I was wondering about that.

Thanks.

It's probably the best PC port of an NRS game at launch. Some lingering issues still remain (TAA implementation is bad, PC should have the option to run cinematic moves/finishers at 60fps, and the krypt is locked to 30fps as well for some reason), but overall the port is very good.