• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Man I am loving Kotal Kahn more in this game than MKX. I'm not great at these types of games but I like to think I am decent with the mechanics, and kotal kahn feels more of a match with my play style than others I've tried so far.

I also love the tutorial section for this game, it's more than I ever expected to be honest.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Really struggling to get the Kombo Limitations challenge done. Even the demo doesn't seem to actually work...

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Having a lot of fun with Kano, chaining his grapples is really satisfying.

I still need to spend some more time with Jax, Frost and Noob but I'm at least narrowing down my character choice.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
This is funny shit.

Use this preset with Noob Saibot to demolish the towers.
GRAPPLING - 5
RUSHDOWN - 5
KOMBOS - 30
REVERSAL - 20
ZONING - 0
RUNAWAY - 0

I'm just leaving this on in the background while I do some chores and coming back and hitting "okay" every so often. If you have some way to automate that, you can farm Tower with reliable success without even playing the game.

I am gonna watch some fights later to try and peep some combos and tactics.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Alright, Looks like I have to disable NVIDIA highlights because people are using it to grief. Come on NRS, why do you put this shit in?

Goney

Oct 25, 2017
So I just played a couple chapters of story while offline, which apparently means I don't get the completion rewards???

I've since gone back and tried replaying these chapters while online, but I'm still unable to get koins/kosmetics/player cards/etc.
Like the requirements for unlocking some of these player cards is "Complete Chapter 5", which I've already done.

What are my options here?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I just played a couple chapters of story while offline, which apparently means I don't get the completion rewards???

I've since gone back and tried replaying these chapters while online, but I'm still unable to get koins/kosmetics/player cards/etc.
Like the requirements for unlocking some of these player cards is "Complete Chapter 5", which I've already done.

What are my options here?
You should be able to claim your rewards by going to the notifications tab of your kombat card.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
God damn this stupid unlock system I just found out Kabal has his classic scream fatality as a brutality shame I'll never get it.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Was lucky in the Krypt. Kept getting Brutalities back to back in multiple cheap chests. That was nice.

Also, found the spiders but they weren't scary. Just annoying. Still doesn't match that one jump scare that got me real good.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
This is my first Mortal Kombat game since Mortal Kombat 2 and I'm loving it . Feels like a good one to jump into thanks to the returning classic characters . I forgot just how bad I am at fighting games lol.

I am a little lost with the story but overall I am having a blast . Yet to even touch the krypton but I am hoping they patch it up by the time I get into it .

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Was lucky in the Krypt. Kept getting Brutalities back to back in multiple cheap chests. That was nice.

Also, found the spiders but they weren't scary. Just annoying. Still doesn't match that one jump scare that got me real good.
In my case just the fact that there's spiders at all is enough for me to never touch that mode.

Same goes for that bug cave stage which unfortunately is gonna be way harder to avoid.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
This is funny shit.

I'm just leaving this on in the background while I do some chores and coming back and hitting "okay" every so often. If you have some way to automate that, you can farm Tower with reliable success without even playing the game.

Thanks for this. Thought I would try out the AI and Noob is just kicking ass with these settings.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
This is funny shit.

Apparently, you can use a controller or stick with Turbo button to hit X for you and it'll be automated. Wish I had such a controller.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Noodalls finds MK11's PS4 input lag to be at 74ms, or 4.4 frames on average.

Which is to say, very good. On the fast end for current gen fighting games.

By comparison, his most recent numbers for SFV on PS4 are 69.7ms or 4.1 frames.

Neck and neck.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
What? PC is awesome.

Sorry but there is no metric of PC ports where this qualifies as "awesome". The PC apparently is not a platform they can support fully; all the balance changes that have already occurred, along with the Towers of Time stuff that was outlined today - none of that currently applies to PC (or Switch for that matter).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing what Krypt mode looks like on the Switch is an experience.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Playing PC story mode and it feels very good so far.

I have no idea bout MK lore, so the story isn't exactly gripping me, but it's fun enough.

The fighting is great. First time I've wanted to get good in a fighter for a while now.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is funny shit.

LMAO, this is almost exactly one of my AIs for AI battle.

My main one for farming towers right now is a zoning Cassie AI, but that Noob one does pretty good too

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Sorry but there is no metric of PC ports where this qualifies as "awesome". The PC apparently is not a platform they can support fully; all the balance changes that have already occurred, along with the Towers of Time stuff that was outlined today - none of that currently applies to PC (or Switch for that matter).
Ah, I actually didn't know this :(

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
As someone who never touched Liu Kang before this game, was he always this awesome? I really dig his classic look, so decided to try him out and have been shocked how much I like him.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely the best the animations have ever been. There are still some wonky "punching over a 3ft invisible railing" jabs, but most of the crouching moves look suitably painful this time, at least.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This is funny shit.

Gonna try this out.

Can confirm, this works.

Last edited: