• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Information
The member who originally signed up to create this OT did not show up! As a result I threw this together in 30 minutes. If anyone else wants to add anything to it, or even take it over completely, please send me a PM. It's yours for the taking! Thank Flousn for the title idea.

M42LKF3.png

1b2mSFW.png

UGkMKOK.png

Pmosp1h.png

rUAelNw.jpg

2RHe5lz.png

Review Thread (84 Metacritic)
Old Discussion Thread
PC Performance Thread

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Nice OT in short time!

Few questions for those with the game:
  • Online only? No playing on the train without WiFi?
  • Possible to get Shao Kahn now or later?
  • Impressions on Switch handheld visuals?

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Picked up the Switch version. It actually looks pretty nice on the Switch screen. Only thing is the lack of anti aliasing resulting in lots of shimmering. If they can optimize it just a little more to add some kind of aa, it'd be great.

Last edited:

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Played a tiny bit as Jax and he felt amazing. Hard hitting rush down that rewards aggression just like I wanted.
Now to actually try to git gud at the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Why the references to 'Mortal Kombat 2' that I keep seeing?

I've waited a while before asking and figure this might be the best place.

I understand it's maybe not something the NRS/WB themselves are maybe touting, or is it?

MK 2 was my jam so I'm curious.

The series in general has always had a special place in my heart, shortly before it was grabbed by a cybernetically enhanced bald man with an affinity for knives.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Generally the pre-order characters are available for purchase day one, and are only free if you pre-ordered. That's been the case for both MKX and IJ2 and I don't see why it would change now.
That's good to know, thank you. Wanted to make sure I hadn't lost him to all time by not grabbing the preorder.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
There should be a rule so that anyone who doesn't type a hard c as 'K' in this thread gets banned.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
gotta say, after playing the game since a few days now they did a real great job in making the kharacters interesting: cool movesets and much variation, there are so many fighters that feel just great to play

it is really hard to settle to one fighter and master him/her, they all have cool things in store
best feeling Mortal Kombat yet and for me definitely one of the best fighting games this console generation

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Bummer that Liu Kang doesn't have a dragon fatality. I got all giddy when I saw 'belly if the beast' but it in no way correlates to what he does. Shame. His one inch punch is ace though.

Knew I shouldn't have blasted through my 200k coins in the crypt.. probably no compensation either.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Great job on the ot. Better than I could have done with days to prepare! Glad it's up so we can stop using all the other topics as ots and keep the talk focused here lol

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Arghhh just got a notification that my Best Buy order has been delayed - going to see if I can switch it to in store pick up and just scoop it after work. The day of!

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah the guy who claimed this OT should never be relied upon to do an OT again. I checked and it's the same guy that flaked on the Black Ops 4 OT.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
wait what? is this confirmed? you can't play this game on switch without being online? that kinda defeats the purpose of getting this on switch entirely right? if i can't play it on a plane, out in about, on a long car ride, etc?
You can play certain modes but unlocks don't occur until you go back online. Things like the Krypt or Towers of Time which seem online dependent likely won't work at all though.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in legit awe at the story mode's cutscenes and writing. Not only is it funny (hell they even made Kotal likable. KOTAL!) but this shit feels like if Gareth Evans made a MK movie with Michael Bay budget. Nothing else in the entire genre compares to this.

Also....why hide one of the fatalities input per char, when you can do both anyway with easy fatalities? For free this time! (F you MKX!)