• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have 800,000 koins, 8000 souls and 500 hearts.
Mainly because I don't like going to the Krypt. I haven't found anything besides Shao Kahn's hammer so I've kinda stagnated. Plus I don't like roaming around and opening chests feels really boring. I much prefer playing towers, getting gear and consumables, and unlocking profile icons and stuff for using different characters.
You need to do 75 fatals and 75 brutals for your 2nd character tower. If you grind that, that's 225 hearts already.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Something that helped me out it in perspective from Jeff at Giant Bomb: none of the grind is associated with micro transactions. The time krystals are the only thing you can buy with real world money, and those only let you buy certain things from the premium store (5 items available per day). So I don't think this is predatory at all, seeing as making the towers harder don't encourage you to buy krystals (you would still have to wait for them to be available on the store). And you cannot buy Konsumables which help with the grind. I think it was just poor planning

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
so uh....who do ya'll guys find fun to play right now?

I honestly can't decide who to focus on. Everyone on Test Your Might is convinced their character is nerfed, unplayable, unviable etc. It's kinda funny.

I like the way Kung Lao's moves look...Cassie seems ok. Not really having fun with anyone yet, I'm hoping Frost changes that.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of AI battles is weird to me. I never played IJ2 so I didn't even think that was a thing. Make an AI Johnny Cage to fight against your buddy's AI Jade.

I don't get it.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Sorry for the noob question (lol) - the pieces of armour I unlock in the Towers, what do I do with them? I went into Kustomisation mode and found it very overwhelming trying to figure out what goes where.

Definitely feel like there's too much going on in the game for my tastes, I would've preferred something a bit simpler even though I am enjoying it overall. But hey, MTX gotta eat.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
This is the shit I need to know!

Thanks mate

No problem I've been doing it all day and made a fortune and got a ton of skins and all I did today was watch the Sopranos and press the sqaure button. For certain things you'll need a consumable that can interrupt combos especially if it's got that modifier that can black out your screen you take increased damage while it's going I normally only used them if my AI gets stuck though no point in wasting them.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The idea of AI battles is weird to me. I never played IJ2 so I didn't even think that was a thing. Make an AI Johnny Cage to fight against your buddy's AI Jade.

I don't get it.

At first it feels weird until you pull out your cellphone and start catching up on your favorite shows and after a couple of episodes you check your inventory and see you've gotten a ton of awesome shit.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The solution to the issue being "Have the AI play the game for you all day" seems like a good way to point out how ridiculous the whole situation is.

Too bad the AI can't buy the game for me too.
You don't need to. Some players are just bad, or like the person in this chain of messages, doesn't care enough to play since they can watch a show while the AI cleans up.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to spend my entire work shift when I worked from home letting the AI farm towers, just pressing X every once in a while to advance.

Feels good man.

So like the whole purpose of AI battles is because devs know it's a grind fest? What even is the purpose of pitting AI against AI around the world is what I'm confused about?

Someone said they watch it for cpu combo strings...but like any fighting game before that I used twitch or YouTube videos from pros for good combos.

It's just weird. I'd rather have 2v2 tag team again.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

I don't get it.

It's not particularly fun or interesting after a few matches. In Injustice 2 it was just a mechanism for alleviating the grind the game set up.
It was useful if you could multitask.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Also i got like 1.000.000 Koins in a day with almost no playing myself and only letting the AI do towers.

People really need to stop overblow all this shit.

sure, if you play for like 10 hours or let the AI play for half a day you have a million koins, ever thought about that others might not have the time on their hands to do that? when doing the 5 AI matches per day you get not much...you have to do many(!) towers for a million koins, AI or not

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well while we're on the subject of AI battles and this is such a weird new thing to me still...

Do the endings stay unlocked and do you get achievements for your AI characters beating towers?

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Sorry for asking but is there a summary of what happened on Kombat Kast? Thread is moving a mile a minute and I'm just now getting a chance to look at it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Well while we're on the subject of AI battles and this is such a weird new thing to me still...

Do the endings stay unlocked and do you get achievements for your AI characters beating towers?

You can still get achievements in MK. Saw a few pop up.

Dunno about MK's towers, but in Inj2, you could have them run the arcade ladders to see the tower endings, so I assume similar here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can still get achievements in MK. Saw a few pop up.

Dunno about MK's towers, but in Inj2, you could have them run the arcade ladders to see the tower endings, so I assume similar here.

Welp. Guess I'm giving in and letting this feature do some dirty work for me tonight.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
There are some costumes tied to AI battles, so that's part of the draw here. I've been running some while doing other stuff, but haven't gotten an unlock yet.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with a challenge. As long as it can be over come. Are the character towers timed? Like if I get stuck on a boss cna I just keep fighting it until I get it or will time eventually run out on me?

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Really liking Noob Saibot and Cassie Cage so far. I have not given them all a try yet but those were two that clicked with me early on. I need to stick with a couple and learn them I guess.

You can do the tutorial with any character right?

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting games remain the most difficult games to master imo. I feel like there's a fine line between being able to counter a punch because you can read frame data and you getting lucky not knowing your punch had faster frames.

Or people that can perfect block because they spam trigger, or people that legit can do that shit with ease.

All the technical aspects of fighting games have always made it more difficult for me. It's a trip coming from shooters where I'm constantly on top in games then feeling like a fish out of water in games like this.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Boot licking = going "what did you expect? more than the bare minimum?! Thank you daddy netherrealm oh the leather is so good!"

The bare minimum is addressing the complaints head-on and giving away a fairly large amount of currency 1 day after launch?

You must be mistaking me for someone that is defending the overall state of the game and the emphasis on microtransactions when in reality I'm just someone who had reasonable expectation for the Kast that were met.

Jan 4, 2018
Listen, I'm real glad Noob Saibot is back and so far he's my main... but removing masks and helmets during Krushing Blows and Fatalities on everyone was a mistake because I did not need to see Noob's nasty Fallout Ghoul face.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they covered a lot of the problems. People are just being faux-outraged now and screaming just to keep up the noise to signal ratio.

A. Make the Towers challenging but not impossible.
B. Increase the amount of currencies.
C. Highlight that all the "skin and brutality" chests in the Krypt are in the same spot for every single player.

So just follow a Krypt Guide (there was already one posted from reddit earlier in the this thread) and get the stuff you want for the character you want as you get more and more currencies from playing (easier) Towers.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

I don't get it.

i guess for some people it is fun, like a fighting game manager...they set up different AI´s and just have fun with it and/or appreciate the function to grind a few towers without actively playing.

I'm fine with a challenge. As long as it can be over come. Are the character towers timed? Like if I get stuck on a boss cna I just keep fighting it until I get it or will time eventually run out on me?

kharacter towers aren´t timed

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
i guess for some people it is fun, like a fighting game manager...they set up different AI´s and just have fun with it and/or appreciate the function to grind a few towers without actively playing.

I do it because I only like playing online but I still need to look cool while I play online so I let my ai fight towers and practice combos while the towers are down.

Nov 3, 2017
The bare minimum is addressing the complaints head-on and giving away a fairly large amount of currency 1 day after launch?

You must be mistaking me for someone that is defending the overall state of the game and the emphasis on microtransactions when in reality I'm just someone who had reasonable expectation for the Kast that were met.

You literally said what did you expect them to do, make everything in the krypt free? Like that was the only other option dude lmao

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like I'm just now approaching the mindset of understanding why I couldn't block immediately after throwing that roundhouse kick because that frame data tutorial.

I always thought the game wasn't registering my buttons in the past years when shit like that happens. It's so much to grasp lol.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Is Kollector's demonic mace dash cancel broken? I can't do the training mission for it at all. It seems super straight forward.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No one will ever do a flawless block on purpose in the middle of a match. It's just never going to happen.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's really weird that they say they didn't design the game for monetization, and the stuff you can buy now wouldn't really help with the grind, but the game still utilizes basically every monetization tactic to a ludicrous degree.
  • Multiple currencies to keep track of.
  • A "premium" currency, available via real money transactions.
  • A "main" currency that you get like water.
  • Randomization of rewards.
  • Limited-time specific purchases.
  • Daily limited tasks.
  • A massive influx of useless guff (ie, variation icons) to pad out the randomization.
Like, take out the randomization or the "opportunity" to collect hundreds of pointless little icons, and I'd figure it'd be a bit more fun.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
it's me the idiot who didn't know AI was an option for both the multiverse and these towers until reading this thread