• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The silence on DLC and the Kombat League tells me this game didn't have enough optimization before launch.
NRS are effectively playing catch up. That shadow delay of Kombat League was hilarious.
I think you're right - a lot of the biggest complaints of the game feel like they should have been fine-tuned before release (from Tower difficulty to the rewards/grind to the fact that Tournament Variations aren't default variations/have to be set separately).

My bigger hope is that they saw the reports of a toxic work environment with a history of crunch and are working towards updating the game while valuing their employees' time and work/life balance.

I suspect it's somewhere between the two, though. The launch of the game was rocky marketing/PR wise, so it makes sense to drop the DLC announce, the Kombat League and some further optimizations once the discussion has moved on a little bit.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching the Texas Showdown over the weekend and one of the guys in the Losers Finals pulled out D'Vorah and almost won to get into GF. The other guy had to figure out her strings and attacks and he managed to beat it in the very final round. The crowd was hoping D'Vorah won, lol

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was sitting on Time Krystals for a few weeks and not spending them at all, then there were a few days in a row where they had Sub skins and I kept buying Cetrion stuff when it showed up (which also felt like a few days in a row)...

Now I'm out of Time Krystals and the Blood Pixie Skarlet skin is up and I hate my decisions lol. I legit started playing Skarlet when I got her maskless the other day and that was one of the skins I wanted. Sigh.

And hell no I'm not paying real-life money to get a few extra Krystals to get it. I'll keep grinding my daily AI Battles. :(

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was watching the Texas Showdown over the weekend and one of the guys in the Losers Finals pulled out D'Vorah and almost won to get into GF. The other guy had to figure out her strings and attacks and he managed to beat it in the very final round. The crowd was hoping D'Vorah won, lol
huh... I gotta watch the vod...

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017

Anywhere I can catch the matches :D

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone feel like some characters are way more common in towers of time than others? It's a bit wierd. Ideally you'd hit a point where you start getting heads one after the other because all your numbers should be relatively close. But instead you end up having like... Johhny/Subzero/scorpion's heads when you still need 18 fatalities on a lot of other people.

Anyhow, saw it was a cassie skin this race so I'm AI farming towers of time while playing pillars 2 on my laptop. Just reaching over and pressing a occasionally

Natalie M.

May 8, 2018
Dumb question that I think I know the answer, but...

If I own both Xbox & Switch versions - is there ANY way to share saves / purchases between the two? Say, if I buy a skin or something on Switch - can I access it on Xbox? Is there some way to link progress between the two? I'm thinking no.

Just had to ask, since it's 2019 and this should be possible :)

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question that I think I know the answer, but...

If I own both Xbox & Switch versions - is there ANY way to share saves / purchases between the two? Say, if I buy a skin or something on Switch - can I access it on Xbox? Is there some way to link progress between the two? I'm thinking no.

Just had to ask, since it's 2019 and this should be possible :)

Nope, no cross-anything.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this is important.
m3dm567ft7y21.png

We may have been looking for some skins in the wrong spots...

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am still not 100% sure but i think that i will main D'Vorah and Jade. I am loving them both.
Skarlet... kinda disappointed me. I am still not sure how i feel about her. But for now i like Jade and D'Vorah the most. I literally don't care about 80% of the roster lol.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the loot is kinda messed up in terms of where they show up compared to their descriptions.

Oct 27, 2017
There are plenty of mistakes, some forge recipes have the wrong items listed, such fun for something you have to trial and error to find the 3rd ingredient (and you pay 20k Koins, 500 souls and 4 hearts each time you fail).
aHqkJOy.jpg

That gun is used to forge Erron's gun (that don't even have a recipe ingame):
oaGkmVe.jpg

People spend days finding Sub Zero's one, you have most of them here: https://imgur.com/a/owjCbxh
credits to u/Hulith for the pictures

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's always been like that. I've been grinding the character towers for costumes and gold for the shrine since release.
So have I. I've been dumping 2 million or so a day since launch and I'm still getting costumes from the shrine. I also still don't have a lot of krypt only stuff that's mortal rarity like Kitana's Edenian Blue or Skarlet's Man Trap. I'm farming Kronika vaults as best as I can as well.

The unlocks in this game are just annoying at this point. Wish we could just use the money on the customization screen to buy whatever we want. All those wasted pulls on Geras and Kotal wouldn't have meant anything.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I think Intros are supposed to be found in ToT but I'm not sure I found a single one there. I guess Character Towers?

Deleted member 19533

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Intros are supposed to be found in ToT but I'm not sure I found a single one there. I guess Character Towers?
Yeah, there's one in the level one tower and one in the level 5 tower IIRC. There's also an intro or outro in every head chest in the krypt... don't remember which. Anyway, if you've opened all of the Krypt and you do all of a character's towers, you'll have all of their intros and outros.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff that says it's found in the Krypt that wasn't found in the Krypt but was instead found in The Towers of Time was common knowledge? News to me.
well no... what i mean is you would unlock them in the krypt at the shrine but they would frequently have those costumes as a prize in a character tower.
So have I. I've been dumping 2 million or so a day since launch and I'm still getting costumes from the shrine. I also still don't have a lot of krypt only stuff that's mortal rarity like Kitana's Edenian Blue or Skarlet's Man Trap. I'm farming Kronika vaults as best as I can as well.

The unlocks in this game are just annoying at this point. Wish we could just use the money on the customization screen to buy whatever we want. All those wasted pulls on Geras and Kotal wouldn't have meant anything.
i'm sick of chasing that thing around to get junk.

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's one in the level one tower and one in the level 5 tower IIRC. There's also an intro or outro in every head chest in the krypt... don't remember which. Anyway, if you've opened all of the Krypt and you do all of a character's towers, you'll have all of their intros and outros.

Def got them all in the Krypt so it's either Character Towers or Crystals. Guess I need to complete the Towers.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
How in the world do I get the Teamwork trophy/achievement where I need to group with 2 other people? I watched some videos where you have to enter a boss battle tower and it prompts. But I'm on almost 100 towers completed now and not a single tower has prompted any online group matchmaking?

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I was thinking today about how I wish I could bring my custom variations to my friend's place, who plays on PS4, while I'm on XBOX. How cool would it be in the future, since all the customizable parts are on the disc so far, if we were able to generate a code that we could enter to recreate the character in situations like that?

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
How in the world do I get the Teamwork trophy/achievement where I need to group with 2 other people? I watched some videos where you have to enter a boss battle tower and it prompts. But I'm on almost 100 towers completed now and not a single tower has prompted any online group matchmaking?

Just gotta wait for one to happen to be up when you happen to be playing. It is a bad trophy.

There have been a couple of those towers that were up for a few days long though, so you should be able to catch one eventually.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017

It's usually a boss tower. I think the one I did was last week, it was a Baraka tower. It gave me three options, fight alone, invite, or search for people to assist. I did that and got grouped up with two others.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Need a boss tower that requires 2 other players with you. Never know when it shows up.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
We'll probably get a Shang Tsung trailer during Combo Breaker.

The MK movie is starting pre production soon. James Wan is producing. Hope it's good. Kinda crazy to me that we didn't get a 3rd movie after all this time.
https://www.cbr.com/james-wan-morta...ibution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

As much as I would like the movie to be good, I will be shocked... absolutely shocked if it's anything above mediocre.

Look at the talent involved. The person writing the script has no prior films on his IMDB and is writing the new Resident Evil movie. The director has only done commercials up until now.

So while lightning could strike, it's highly unlikely this duo will make anything even remotely resembling a good MK movie. It will very likely be rated R though, and maybe they'll get a really good fight choreographer so at least we have good fight scenes. I think that's the best we can hope for at this point.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

Its weird, the first 3 towers that were put in on the spot where the current Sonya/Johnny tower is were the co-op towers. The last couple haven't been.

Nov 7, 2017
Went to customize scarlet for the first time and had her maskless in my inventory. Mustve been from a kronika vault i dont even remember getting it. Still waiting for kitana

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
The silence on DLC and the Kombat League tells me this game didn't have enough optimization before launch.
NRS are effectively playing catch up. That shadow delay of Kombat League was hilarious.
I think you're right - a lot of the biggest complaints of the game feel like they should have been fine-tuned before release (from Tower difficulty to the rewards/grind to the fact that Tournament Variations aren't default variations/have to be set separately).

My bigger hope is that they saw the reports of a toxic work environment with a history of crunch and are working towards updating the game while valuing their employees' time and work/life balance.

I suspect it's somewhere between the two, though. The launch of the game was rocky marketing/PR wise, so it makes sense to drop the DLC announce, the Kombat League and some further optimizations once the discussion has moved on a little bit.
Yep. The game was definitely rushed.

If we believe the reports then the game was 3 months behind (! by the time of the reveal event. It's basically a miracle the gameplay was so good day 1.
Yes all of this points to the game releasing hotter than expected, also explains the crunch. The first time in a long while they kept the season pass characters in the dark also.
Which is strange, as the ball was in NRS' court, it wasn't like they announced MK11 2 years beforehand with a hard date they had to commit to, but 4 months in advance, they could have waited another 4 months with an announcement and released later, it's not like other AAA fighting games are coming for their market share later this year.

Anyway, eagerly awaiting the Kombat Pack reveal - hoping they will reveal all the characters at once. Doesn't have to be gameplay trailers, just show some Shang Tsung gameplay and the official renderings of the new characters. Ideally I'd like them to release them in pairs of two with a new stage.

Also curious how the gear and costumes of the DLC characters will be handled. Open up the Krypt with a seperate area? Stuff the gear inside the regular Krypt (that would be the least ideal solution)? Doesn't seem likely they will just unlock everything for them from the start....

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
For those who may just be getting the game and are on Xbox, if you want an invite to our MK klub lemme know. We use it to get lobbies together.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
So I want Blood Pixie Skarlet and got 390 Crystals.

What's the fastest way I can grind for the rest?