• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. The game was definitely rushed.

If we believe the reports then the game was 3 months behind (! by the time of the reveal event. It's basically a miracle the gameplay was so good day 1.

Probably explains why Towers of Time was entirely not play tested apparently.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
AI Battle Current Meta is Baraka, Sonya and Noob

These 3 are hard as hell to counter. Can't find a consistent counter to Sonya.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The only one I can consistently beat of these, is Noob with my Jade. But Sonya and Baraka are hell to get through...unless you Noob them. But both in the same team, means at least one loss on your side.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blood Pixie is a good skin, but I switched to Red Rising. I like the ponytails lol
I feel the same. My personal favorite is Hot Blooded. It's a really nice red and blue skin. There's a similarly colored one called Impact Patter that's the same design as Red Rising (which is also excellent; though I think Outworld Hematologist is better with the inverse colors) that I'm hoping to get. Other than that, Man Trap I'd say is also really good, and Blood Magic may be the best one, but its ??? requirement has me hoping it'll show up in a weekly soon.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Is it me for is the AI in the Towers of Time flawless blocking everything now?

I swear I've seen more flawless blocks over the last 48 hours than I have since release.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking how nice it is to be free from having the AI grind towers and then this week's Race Against Time has a Cassie skin.

Welp, once more into the abyss

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
My friend only plays unranked online and doesn't grind towers or the krypt at all. I find those people to be really weird.
Ranked forces you to play with wifi players and its only first to 3. Meanwhile Kasuals/Rooms allow you to filter good connections and play forever with good players that appear every now and then. It's the only way to play this game tbh.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
My only hate for unranked is trying to find someone to play with for awhile, lots of one and done's or just sitting through endless sea of people declining you.

Oct 27, 2017
Ranked forces you to play with wifi players and its only first to 3. Meanwhile Kasuals/Rooms allow you to filter good connections and play forever with good players that appear every now and then. It's the only way to play this game tbh.

Yeah I get that. But having no urge to unlock stuff is baffling. Grinding is all I do really.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019

Barakaaaa?
Screen-Shot-2019-01-31-at-1.29.32-PM.png

I feel like any character on 30/30 can beat him...Noob and Sonya on the other hand? Seems like they can counter each other from time to time if you get lucky.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So, this Gauntlet Geras has:

-Fire fists and can kill you in a single combo
-Missiles that slow you down for so long that you can actually still be slowed down when the next missile appears
-Said missiles hit for about 30% of your life, and 10% if you block them
-Fatal blow on both rounds

I swear I'm close to quitting the Gauntlet right here.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of not having maskless Skarlet I want to hurt someone.

So if you are out there looking for OG Scorpion, well I want you to know it's one of the first skins I got in the game.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heads and throne room komplete.

One uh... question though. Spoilere'd (just in case)

The chest on the other side of the Pit Bridge behind the skeleton key door has a Kabal chest. Now when I finally unlocked the final area of the throne room with a Shao Khan chest it was also a Kabal chest. I uh... thought every character only had one heart chest?

Nov 7, 2017
im still looking for OG scorpion too but I use his black with yellow trim young scorpion skin. which might be the sickest skin in the game

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Heads and throne room komplete.

One uh... question though. Spoilere'd (just in case)

The chest on the other side of the Pit Bridge behind the skeleton key door has a Kabal chest. Now when I finally unlocked the final area of the throne room with a Shao Khan chest it was also a Kabal chest. I uh... thought every character only had one heart chest?

Yeah he has two for some odd reason.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else wish it would say "Fight" on screen for every round rather than just the first? I play a lot without sound, and it really throws me off.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Any resources to learn the game after doing story and towers? Playing online was hopeless to the point where it wasn't even fun tbh

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Jade is by far my best character, I perform significantly better online with her than with Kollector/Kitana/Kano. Is Jade carrying my butt? ;(

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Any resources to learn the game after doing story and towers? Playing online was hopeless to the point where it wasn't even fun tbh
testyourmight.com ~ has a section dedicated to each individual character.
Look up general fighting game concepts like 'neutral' and what to practice in the lab. NRS games tend to lean towards insanely strong zoning & chip dmg but besides that most any generic FG youtube video on how to improve should apply

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibngKGhgxo&list=PLtmBRnEbJ2TtC0fk6ga1YJoXNHuR_WFWx They're doing some informational stuff, they just spent a week in the States doing commentary for a tournament so they haven't uploaded recently. That'll change though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SupermanSajam/videos He's another commentator but he streams a ton so he uploads videos from his streams. From learning various characters, to breaking down mechanics or even competitive matches.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ahmz1404/videos This dude makes combo videos for the characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VezGh6T0AAc&list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkBoXQ94KHva33cFqXhN_UXl More indepth videos, so they're coming out a bit slower. He breaks down characters individual moves/attacks and then gives combos.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey I have a couple of really stupid questions but I'm finding the game very confusing.

How do I see my online rank? How do wins and loses affect how I rank up or down?

What are the 3 weapons that show at the end of matches above the augment points? There seem to be little lock pictures but they are crazy small.

I did a brutality with Lu Kang and I have no idea how? Is it possible to fluke a brutality?

Thanks!

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Hey I have a couple of really stupid questions but I'm finding the game very confusing.

How do I see my online rank? How do wins and loses affect how I rank up or down?

What are the 3 weapons that show at the end of matches above the augment points? There seem to be little lock pictures but they are crazy small.

I did a brutality with Lu Kang and I have no idea how? Is it possible to fluke a brutality?

Thanks!

You can view your rank by viewing the kombat kard. There should be a prompt in the lower left corner for a button press in almost every menu.

Those three items are your character's currently equipped gear items, which you have to level up to unlock augment slots. For example Scorpion has a mask, a sword, and a kunai that would appear. Getting 5k XP unlocks the first random augment slot for the gear, getting another 15k unlocks a second slot. There is some sort of third slot that is not yet implemented.

Brutalities have specific conditions. Some of the brutalities are shared across all characters, like the basic uppercut brutality, while others are unique. If you fulfill the conditions set out for the brutality and get your second win with the right move you skip the fatality stage and instantly initiate the brutality.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can view your rank by viewing the kombat kard. There should be a prompt in the lower left corner for a button press in almost every menu.

Those three items are your character's currently equipped gear items, which you have to level up to unlock augment slots. For example Scorpion has a mask, a sword, and a kunai that would appear. Getting 5k XP unlocks the first random augment slot for the gear, getting another 15k unlocks a second slot. There is some sort of third slot that is not yet implemented.

Brutalities have specific conditions. Some of the brutalities are shared across all characters, like the basic uppercut brutality, while others are unique. If you fulfill the conditions set out for the brutality and get your second win with the right move you skip the fatality stage and instantly initiate the brutality.
Thanks! That's really helpful and I couldn't find any of that Googling.

I must have somehow fluked the brutality then lol.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
It's usually a boss tower. I think the one I did was last week, it was a Baraka tower. It gave me three options, fight alone, invite, or search for people to assist. I did that and got grouped up with two others.

maybe it's the PC version here, but each time I select search for people, I only get paired with just one other person :(

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just got confirmation about getting my first servered head, and it's Johnny!

Also progressing through the challenge towers, came across one where you have to get flawless victory against Scorpio and Sub Zero without jumping or crouching, boy did that take a while. Does it get even more frustrating later?