• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibngKGhgxo&list=PLtmBRnEbJ2TtC0fk6ga1YJoXNHuR_WFWx They're doing some informational stuff, they just spent a week in the States doing commentary for a tournament so they haven't uploaded recently. That'll change though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SupermanSajam/videos He's another commentator but he streams a ton so he uploads videos from his streams. From learning various characters, to breaking down mechanics or even competitive matches.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ahmz1404/videos This dude makes combo videos for the characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VezGh6T0AAc&list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkBoXQ94KHva33cFqXhN_UXl More indepth videos, so they're coming out a bit slower. He breaks down characters individual moves/attacks and then gives combos.
Nice. Thank you all. I also wish to improve.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Just got confirmation about getting my first servered head, and it's Johnny!

Also progressing through the challenge towers, came across one where you have to get flawless victory against Scorpio and Sub Zero without jumping or crouching, boy did that take a while. Does it get even more frustrating later?

Yes and no. Sometimes there are tricks. Like for the flawless one, you can get hit by Scorpion and Sub-Zero; you just can't take poison damage. But unless the ninjas knock you on the ground, their moves don't hurt you.

Other sticking points for people are a fight with Skarlet that you have to finish with a Brutality. Not sure if there's a trick, but I was fortunate and just won it. There's also a brutal set of towers in which all the opponents have infinite fatal blows, and you have to win with your own fatal blow. This feels impossible until your equip the right consumables: a whole tower item that lets you use your FB without needing your health to be at 30%, then for each match, equip the larger health crystal, and something like the slow missile. Suddenly these fights become simplicity itself.

Hopefully there's a similar strategy for the Geras gauntlet tower mentioned above.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'm saying anything new or playful here but I'm playing through story mode atm and man Ronda Rousey's voicework sucks. It's a shame because all the other voice actors seem to be decent at worst so it makes it even more noticeable.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I did some stat checking last night. It took me about 56 hours to unlock every chest once in the krypt (save for a handful of soul chests stuck behind skeleton key doors). Out of about 4500 character unlocks (gear, skins, intros, victories, taunts, fatals, brutals) I had 1555. Its about a 34% completion. With the character I've focused on most, Scorpion, I have just over 50% of his unlocks.

I've reset some of the krypt and it seems as though you usually get two character unlocks (gear or skin usually) from the soul chests and garbage (art, consumables) from the koin chests. I'm going to do a full reset tonight and farm skeleton keys from that chest near Kahn's hammer in the initial area and then just unlock soul chests exclusively.

As I'm understanding the cadence and types of towers that are coming up in ToT I'm trying to optimize and see how fast I can actually unlock everything. I actually have an excel spreadsheet that I am going to track day to day. I'm guessing it will take me about 6-8 more weeks, minus the unlocks that are in the character towers. I might have to be smarter about prioritization so I can work in the character tower requirements along side finishing other towers.

I regret farming koins through endless towers with AI, I think doing actual towers nets you koins faster (it seems like they nerfed endless early on) and you get the tower unlocks with it.

I also realized the new remote play app on iOS is coming in handy. I can do some towers during my lunch break with my AI while occasionally hitting X.

At home I take advantage of the turbo button on my arcade stick to auto continue. It's really useful if one of the AI only towers spawns in. Those ones usually last for 8-12 hours and you can easily farm a million koins and thousands of souls from it while being away from your console.

Most of my game time has unfortunately been watching my AI fight. I wish we could just accomplish the same unlocks by playing online. Seems like every time I login I have a minimum of 2 towers which take my AI an hour to go through, plus 5 AI battles which takes another 15 minutes, before I can actually do anything else in the game. And every 2-3 hours there's another hour I need to spend in towers when the towers cycle. I'm hoping now that I'm focusing on towers of time I'll get to the point where I start seeing repeats so I can then focus on finishing the gauntlet and character towers.

Last edited:

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So while grinding some towers out yesterday, I had a thought.

Whatever happened to the guy who says 'Toasty" from the older games? He always felt like a Mortal Kombat staple when I think of the old games, but seemed to kinda just vanish in the new ones. I feel like it'd be a fun option to be able to turn on or off, or a collectible or something.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017

Whatever happened to the guy who says 'Toasty" from the older games? He always felt like a Mortal Kombat staple when I think of the old games, but seemed to kinda just vanish in the new ones. I feel like it'd be a fun option to be able to turn on or off, or a collectible or something.
He was in 9, and he's in the tournament stage in this one. His name is Dan Forden and he did the music for most of the MK games. :)

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

Check out the tournament stage.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Had to buy Blood Pixie for Skarlet. It's my favorite hairstyle since they revealed it and i only like her skins in default red/black colors.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Is certain Krushing Blows not counting in the character towers a glitch?

I was on stage 3 of Jax's and the only ones counting for me were the Heat Missile, uppercut, and Stiff Arm.

Oct 27, 2017
Is certain Krushing Blows not counting in the character towers a glitch?

I was on stage 3 of Jax's and the only ones counting for me were the Heat Missile, uppercut, and Stiff Arm.
Yeah some aren't counting, Liu Kang's bicycle kick doesn't, for example, and I have a hard time pulling the flying kick one, so I'm only doing 2 per fight (uppercut and chinese warrior). Since I know some aren't counting, I'm testing them in Survival tower very easy (do one, finish fight, quit, check if it counts...).

Last edited:

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Used up my last 500 Crystals for the Blood Pixie cuz fuck trying to grind AI Battles for it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't spent any crystals in case they add stuff later to the game that you can only buy with crystals.

They said they didn't design the game to drive people toward microtransactions, but you can bet a lot of people burned through their freebies already and are spending $5 per costume or $7.50 for intros due to frustration with the grind.

Twinguistics

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow Kronika is quite the difficulty spike on hard. I can barely make it to the second phase. Any tips on beating her? I'm using Scorpion.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
iuf9v4rex7y21.jpg

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Is there a good and comprehensive guide for the Krypt that includes the best places to find certain things, farming strategies, etc? I haven't been keeping up with all of that discussion and at this point it's difficult to parse through this thread for it.

(I think I've already unlocked every chest, just need some endgame tips and I'm still missing some items. Also have no clue how recipes work and where to find them once unlocked)

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good and comprehensive guide for the Krypt that includes the best places to find certain things, farming strategies, etc? I haven't been keeping up with all of that discussion and at this point it's difficult to parse through this thread for it.

(I think I've already unlocked every chest, just need some endgame tips and I'm still missing some items. Also have no clue how recipes work and where to find them once unlocked)

Maximilian Dood has some several video guides about farming for Krypt. Check them out on his YouTube channel.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
It really irks me when playing a match online, the person wins a close match and doesn't rematch. I can understand if they completely dismantle me to move onto someone that can challenge them. But not offering a rematch on a close win? That's just chickenshit

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It really irks me when playing a match online, the person wins a close match and doesn't rematch. I can understand if they completely dismantle me to move onto someone that can challenge them. But not offering a rematch on a close win? That's just chickenshit
The worse is when you win and they don't quit. They just stay there waiting for you to leave. It's the pettiest shit.

"Ha, made you press two buttons! That'll teach you not to beat me next time!"

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
According to Tyler on Twitter, the gear dupe bug should be fixed in the next patch. Finally I can go wild in the Krypt.

Hope they have some other reward tweaks too.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else wish it would say "Fight" on screen for every round rather than just the first? I play a lot without sound, and it really throws me off.
There are a number of strange things like that throughout the game
Hey I have a couple of really stupid questions but I'm finding the game very confusing.

How do I see my online rank? How do wins and loses affect how I rank up or down?

Thanks!
You can view your rank by viewing the kombat kard.

There is no real 'Rank' in this game. It's not like other fighting games in that regard. It's just leaderboards.

We hold out hope that Kombat League turns out to be a proper ranked mode with actual ranks/tiers and promotion/demotion.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Yeah some aren't counting, Liu Kang's bicycle kick doesn't, for example, and I have a hard time pulling the flying kick one, so I'm only doing 2 per fight (uppercut and chinese warrior). Since I know some aren't counting, I'm testing them in Survival tower very easy (do one, finish fight, quit, check if it counts...).

Isn't bicycle kick one of his default moves? If it applies to default moves too then it definitely has to be a glitch.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to figure out a new character to learn since I feel like I've got Scorpion and Baraka pretty figured out, but nobody I've tried has stuck. Maybe I'll just mess around with Baraka's other custom moves.
Wow Kronika is quite the difficulty spike on hard. I can barely make it to the second phase. Any tips on beating her? I'm using Scorpion.
Advancing strings, uppercuts, and sweeps are the easiest way to handle Kronika. Block all her attacks low, none of them are overheads.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to fix the krushing blows requirement glitch. Doing that shit for Jacqui was an absolute nightmare.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

An interview with Dan Forden on the history of "Toasty" at 1:44.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
My only hate for unranked is trying to find someone to play with for awhile, lots of one and done's or just sitting through endless sea of people declining you.
That's why they should remove win/loss and win chance. If you have a lot of games played or slightly positive record, they will puss out. People really care about their kasual record, apparently

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Getting mighty good with Jade now, think I'm ready to take both Jade and Sub Zero online, when I can bother to pay for PS+.

This combo just feels so good to pull off, takes both meters but worth it.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who else treats this game as a clicker?

I have MK11 running on my Pro through remote play, and I just have it run towers all day using AI. Haven't played a real match since finishing the story mode.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like torture honestly. You're missing out on the fighting game part of your fighting game.

Are you on PS4? Wanna play some matches tomorrow?

Addiction is a real thing

Whasts even the point lmao

Well, I do this in the background during the work-day.
I just don't have enough time to play, but it's fun to do SOMETHING in MK11 in the background. It's a passive way to 'enjoy' it.

Thanks for the offer!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally got maskless Kitana, Skarlet, Kabal, Frost, and Jade.

That was an ordeal. No idea when Sub-Zero's will pop up.