• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This Bleeding modifier is some BS.
It really is, but it was far from the worst one I've dealt with. I only needed a konsumable for the boss fight.

My strategy was to go with Sub-Zero, knock my opponents back, and freeze them so I could block through their freeze state if the world was red.

But... yeah, not my favorite modifier.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
They should have made an achievement/trophy for playing each character X number of times online.

At least that would force people to mix it up.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Really getting bored of all these damn scorpions online ffs

Yeah I had 5 in a row the other day.

Then two days ago I had a great run of certrion, frost, jax, collector, Kotal. So weird.

Edit. What's funny is Scorp is actually top tier unlike in MKX. So even though they generally aren't good it's hard to adjust to someone who actually knows what they're doing (eg doesn't teleport every 2 seconds).

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
That bleeding mod sure is the AI killer.

Noob AI managed to defeat Skarlet by using the damn consumable that prevents that damage.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
So a couple days ago I was playing through Story Mode and was getting a good amount of gear along the way.

Today I did the rest, but never got any gear through it. Do you not get anything for beating it either?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
You get pieces for beating some chapters, not sure if you get one for the last one. Open your Kombat Kard and see if anything shows up in Notifications.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017

I. AM. LIVING. for this plot twist.

wwaq7SW.png

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Maximilian vid on tiers, actually got me thinking of going back to Kitana. I mean 44% win rate for like 50 something matches isn't great but I can make it higher, if I put in the work. So many characters I want to work with, damn.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Do the tutorials. Some of them are kinda crazy but it will help you. Find a character you really like and do their tutorial as well and just keep practicing with them.
testyourmight.com ~ has a section dedicated to each individual character.
Look up general fighting game concepts like 'neutral' and what to practice in the lab. NRS games tend to lean towards insanely strong zoning & chip dmg but besides that most any generic FG youtube video on how to improve should apply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibngKGhgxo&list=PLtmBRnEbJ2TtC0fk6ga1YJoXNHuR_WFWx They're doing some informational stuff, they just spent a week in the States doing commentary for a tournament so they haven't uploaded recently. That'll change though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SupermanSajam/videos He's another commentator but he streams a ton so he uploads videos from his streams. From learning various characters, to breaking down mechanics or even competitive matches.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ahmz1404/videos This dude makes combo videos for the characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VezGh6T0AAc&list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkBoXQ94KHva33cFqXhN_UXl More indepth videos, so they're coming out a bit slower. He breaks down characters individual moves/attacks and then gives combos.

Thanks everyone - I really like the game so I am eager to become at least somewhat competent and this helps a lot.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
That Maximilian vid on tiers, actually got me thinking of going back to Kitana. I mean 44% win rate for like 50 something matches isn't great but I can make it higher, if I put in the work. So many characters I want to work with, damn.

I love Kitana, she seems like she's in a good place. Plus there's a decent amount of competitive players that play her so she pops up frequently in tournaments.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure I had someone rage quit on me in a kasual match...except I didn't get a quitality? They had pretty obviously stopped playing right before the session ended, so I doubt it was just their internet crapping out.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing is more annoying than seeing a tower with gear you really want and realizing there's 3 minutes left... -_-

Edit: it was the Sub-Zero tower..judging by the comments here maybe I was better off not getting to it time lol

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the freeze towers, you use a zoning character. Generally, the AI can do it if you don't want to. Skarlet works well here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's shit. I used like 5 skip fights.

Towers of Time is so underwhelming at this point between the awful modifiers and the insane amount of repeats. They dropped the ball on it pretty hard.

I don't get why towers have set rewards. There should be a couple towers for each character and they each give assorted gear/skins/augments. There's no reason I should have already seen the same tower that gives me the exact same items 4 times now.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
So is it just me or the rewards for AI Battle have been pretty bad as of late? Out of the 5 matches only 1 or 2 give me one skin each, the rest are augments and currency

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So is it just me or the rewards for AI Battle have been pretty bad as of late? Out of the 5 matches only 1 or 2 give me one skin each, the rest are augments and currency

The drop rate really starts slowing down the more you get. It was like that for shaders in Injustice.
Probably designed that way so you don't get them all too fast. :/

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Preach Max, Preach. Max is so dead on with this video. People's obsession with Tier lists in fighting game communities ESPECIALLY with brand new games like MK11 is just so eyerolling.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Preach Max, Preach. Max is so dead on with this video. People's obsession with Tier lists in fighting game communities ESPECIALLY with brand new games like MK11 is just so eyerolling.

I'd watch but if I ever see another one of his reaction videos/his generic YouTuberLooksSHOCKED face pop up on my recommended videos again I'm going to lose my mind.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017

Tier lists have always been funny to me. 99% aren't going to play at the level where it really matters. Just play and have fun with the characters that click with you. There are world class players in every fighting game in history that play as "low tier" characters and still body almost everyone. Haven't watched the video but I already know I'm going to agree with him.