• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Mk11 PC is now the best version. It's not getting the balance patch with the PS4 version but QLOC has been doing it within the week as well as adding fixes and feature. They finally added 60fps in Fatal Blows and Krypt and added a new SSR setting days after the last patch.

But then you have Sajam complain about the PC port and telling people to avoid it because he has a bad experience.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Mk11 PC is now the best version. It's not getting the balance patch with the PS4 version but QLOC has been doing it within the week as well as adding fixes and feature. They finally added 60fps in Fatal Blows and Krypt and added a new SSR setting days after the last patch.

But then you have Sajam complain about the PC port and telling people to avoid it because he has a bad experience.
Funny thing is consoles versions (PS4/XB) had SSR since day one, it was missing on PC only.

I had to go back to 30fps, because 60fps forces frameskip and there are some issues like character's lips not moving, desync, crashes... etc.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Funny thing is consoles versions (PS4/XB) had SSR since day one, it was missing on PC only.

I had to go back to 30fps, because 60fps forces frameskip and there are some issues like character's lips not moving, desync, crashes... etc.
Same issues here. Also, is there any word about the "balance changes" on the patch notes?

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

The Krypt is the only issue as it doesn't feel smooth but menus and cinematics in matches have been very smooth.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I dont get why only PC gets 60 fps patch considering they said 30 fps on cinematics other modes was design choice. If they are letting that go i am pretty sure PS4/Xboxone can do 60 fps on some 3-4 sec cutscenes as well

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get why only PC gets 60 fps patch considering they said 30 fps on cinematics other modes was design choice. If they are letting that go i am pretty sure PS4/Xboxone can do 60 fps on some 3-4 sec cutscenes as well
You'd be surprised. Frame rates tank on extreme closeups. Granted, MK11 most likely has a very healthy amount of headroom as it never drops frames. It would probably run in the 80s and 90s unlocked, but that would probably tank into the 50s on those moves. An unlocked frame rate during fatalities and fatal blows wouldn't be awful though. They would still look much smoother.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Finally the Krypt felt merciful and gave me a maskless

For Kitana

Hey that's just mean Skarlet is getting close

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
PSA: what I think is the coolest Kitana skin (human Kitana with the cape in red/purple) is on the daily shop!

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
CBB76847A7B711C6E0AD7434F12102F51BB3FF40

Queen!

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
PSA: what I think is the coolest Kitana skin (human Kitana with the cape in red/purple) is on the daily shop!

I can't make Kitana anything but Blue. Anything else is sacrilege.

Edit: Punk's godlike reactions are not translating to MK

www.twitch.tv

Netherrealm - Twitch

Netherrealm streams live on Twitch! Check out their videos, sign up to chat, and join their community.

Pools started a bit ago for day 2.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Skarlet and Jade are my mains but i am struggling online with Skarlet, especially against some characters where i am not even sure what to do. I feel like Jade is overall better. I feel like she has answer for everything. I don't know what pro players think about her but i guess she is considered to be strong, am i right?

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Skarlet and Jade are my mains but i am struggling online with Skarlet, especially against some characters where i am not even sure what to do. I feel like Jade is overall better. I feel like she has answer for everything. I don't know what pro players thing about her but i guess she is considered to be strong, am i right?

Both characters are considered strong.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Skarlet and Jade are my mains but i am struggling online with Skarlet, especially against some characters where i am not even sure what to do. I feel like Jade is overall better. I feel like she has answer for everything. I don't know what pro players think about her but i guess she is considered to be strong, am i right?

Both Jade and Skarlet are considered to be solid characters from what I've seen. Skarlet just requires a very specific playstyle. Its not dissimilar to Jade, you can out neutral from mid range and you've got to focus on zoning.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Both characters are considered strong.
That's what i thought. I guess i will have to put more time into learning Skarlet and try to make her work.

Both Jade and Skarlet are considered to be solid characters from what I've seen. Skarlet just requires a very specific playstyle. Its not dissimilar to Jade, you can out neutral from mid range and you've got to focus on zoning.

I am having hard time with her Blood Tentacle. And i am pretty sure that it's one of her stronger abilities. But i am barely using it.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I am having hard time with her Blood Tentacle. And i am pretty sure that it's one of her stronger abilities. But i am barely using it.

Definitely practice. For the longest time I used to shy away from characters that had abilities you have to aim like that but you absolutely do get used to it. I still make mistakes with it, I'm pretty convinced my brain is defective but the warranty is expired, but it becomes a lot easier with time. Even if you're just practicing against AI, think of it like target practice.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea how people do that Jacqui f(mash 2) uppercut consistently. Feels like it works so randomly.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
It's unfortunate that people hate Geras. He's one of my favorite characters in the game. Been loving this New Era gameplay, that reverse time move is swag.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So excited every time Skarlet is on. I'm trash with zoners but I love her design.

It's unfortunate that people hate Geras. He's one of my favorite characters in the game. Been loving this New Era gameplay, that reverse time move is swag.

I hate him simply because he's so omnipresent in competitive play. He's probably the most well-rounded characters, so he's got a ton of players and now I'm tired of seeing him.

Last edited:

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
I unlocked Ensorcelled Gem of Trapped Souls but I already did the lever glitch, is there anything that I can exchange/forge with it?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised Dragon didn't pick another character. Jade seems like Cetrion's worst matchup.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really struggling with the Kids Korner fights in Towers of Time. I Googled a bit and there are others struggling, but everyone seems convinced that AI is the way to go. I tried a bunch of characters with different stats (Rush down, Kombo, and Reversal all cranked up) to no avail.

Any recommendations?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I'm really struggling with the Kids Korner fights in Towers of Time. I Googled a bit and there are others struggling, but everyone seems convinced that AI is the way to go. I tried a bunch of characters with different stats (Rush down, Kombo, and Reversal all cranked up) to no avail.

Any recommendations?

Usually when I am struggling with a tower a life crystal gives me just the extra boost. Sometimes I add a cyrax net to it. I haven't needed to go much beyond that for the towers so far.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm missing some forge ingredients. Sigh.

Ah, bummer. I spent a ton of time unlocking the krypt before caring about the gauntlet. I've had a ton of forge materials, I'm only about halfway through the gauntlet but I still have a ton of those consumables made. If you don't care to finish it asap than just hold off.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
People doing fatalities when its not the last win of the set... smh
These complaints, about doing Fatalities during online play, are a bit exteme, from my perspective. They give heart currency, so why would I ever give that up, even if I am playing someone online? If I play 20 matches in a night, that's a bit of currency I can make for each Fatality.

Taking Pro Tournament rules and applying them to Kasual/Ranked online matches is a bit of a reach.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
These complaints, about doing Fatalities during online play, are a bit exteme, from my perspective. They give heart currency, so why would I ever give that up, even if I am playing someone online? If I play 20 matches in a night, that's a bit of currency I can make for each Fatality.

Taking Pro Tournament rules and applying them to Kasual/Ranked online matches is a bit of a reach.

I'm so beyond tired of seeing fatalities at this point but I could not possibly care less if someone beats me in the first set and does a fatality. People getting annoyed by it are weird to me.