• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
They're lucky he looks so cool.
Cause it started with "he's like Cetrion, heavy zoning" and this was me

tenor.gif
Calling everyone a premier zoner is an inside joke for the KK at this point

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited for Shang Tsung because he encourages me to learn every other character so I don't completely suck with him.

Though I'm disappointed how in the trailer he was able to use all 4 ninjas in one match when that's impossible if they're all custom moves.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cleared the Krypt! ...well ok cleared is a big word since you can respawn chests and I dont have all the gear but hey thats one mental milestone done. I guess Character Towers would be the next but honestly I dont know if I have it in me to do every character. Did Jax, Sub and Scorp and thought about picking up Noob but his Crushing Blows are kinda bad for AI.

Unrelated but I really wish more variations ware Tournament friendly, my fear is that the Shang variation that uses any ninjas sucks or only uses like one of them. I want to see ninja morphs at actual tournaments. For MK12/Injustice 3 they really should think of an ability system thats more tournament friendly.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I think tournaments should embrace kustom variations and NRS should add a quick/simple way to select your moves by entering a number or something like that. So the player just needs to put in their number on the character select screen at tournaments.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think tournaments should embrace kustom variations and NRS should add a quick/simple way to select your moves by entering a number or something like that. So the player just needs to put in their number on the character select screen at tournaments.

I've thought about the number thing for other stuff. Costumes, controller layouts. I think it could speed a lot of stuff up.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I think kustom variations just stay in kasual, there's some bullshit in some of those moves. Unless of course, NRS wants to balance everything. I wouldn't mind 1-2 more tournament variations though. Was there any word on them adding more?

On another note, any Skarlet players out there, how do you deal with a Johnny Cage or a Liu Kang? I went up against a couple of them in komp last night and I basically got chipped out. Their d3/4 are fast and have a decent range (well, Cage does, I can't recall Kang's).

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I think kustom variations just stay in kasual, there's some bullshit in some of those moves. Unless of course, NRS wants to balance everything. I wouldn't mind 1-2 more tournament variations though. Was there any word on them adding more?

On another note, any Skarlet players out there, how do you deal with a Johnny Cage or a Liu Kang? I went up against a couple of them in komp last night and I basically got chipped out. Their d3/4 are fast and have a decent range (well, Cage does, I can't recall Kang's).
For any fast character I basically stay at mid distance from opponents and abuse my long range attacks and zoning. The b1,2 has some really good range and you can use it to punish whiffs, which goes to a krushing blow with damage over time. f2,1 is another good string you can start at mid distance and most of the time people aren't ready for the low for some reason.

Her b3, 4 is a great low combo starter if you have the opponent against the wall and the first hit has some really good range too. You can get 300 dmg easily from wall combos.

And then punish. Skarlet can get a lot of damage from a punish.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
For any fast character I basically stay at mid distance from opponents and abuse my long range attacks and zoning. The b1,2 has some really good range and you can use it to punish whiffs, which goes to a krushing blow with damage over time. f2,1 is another good string you can start at mid distance and most of the time people aren't ready for the low for some reason.

Her b3, 4 is a great low combo starter if you have the opponent against the wall and the first hit has some really good range too. You can get 300 dmg easily from wall combos.

And then punish. Skarlet can get a lot of damage from a punish.

Thanks for that, I think my problem is I don't always stay mid distance from my opponents. I think I play too aggressively and get myself up close. Which is fine for corner pressure but not smack dab in the middle of the stage where she struggles.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget to use the tentacle! It's your best tool to put distance between you and the opponent.

Love the tentacle, actually the only move I routinely forget to use is her Blood Splatter. I swear in all my 400+ matches I don't think I've ever purposely used it.

Also, another random question you might know the answer too. Does her Heart Pierce variation have an amped move that replenishes health? I know her amped parry does but I seen someone pull off a kombo which used an amped move to replenish health. I can't figure out what the hell it was. It was ranked too so I know it wasn't a kustom variant.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Love the tentacle, actually the only move I routinely forget to use is her Blood Splatter. I swear in all my 400+ matches I don't think I've ever purposely used it.

Also, another random question you might know the answer too. Does her Heart Pierce variation have an amped move that replenishes health? I know her amped parry does but I seen someone pull off a kombo which used an amped move to replenish health. I can't figure out what the hell it was. It was ranked too so I know it wasn't a kustom variant.
No idea as I haven't even touched Heart Pierce, I always use Blood Drive in comp as it's the variation that's more close to my custom variation.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Gauntlet earlier in the week. It was annoying, but I had a crap ton of konsumables, so it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. It just wore out its welcome real fast so it really wan't fun.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want to learn Cetrion but I don't really know where to start with her. I love her design.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she has some of the best gear. My Cetrion is incredible looking but I cba to learn her just yet.

tsab

Nov 3, 2017
I can't seem to have a day without MK11 (Switch) crashing at least 3-8 times. Usually crashes during elevator loading in the Krypt, box opening or completing a Tower

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Have they addressed the towers or have I just played too much? I reckon I've got about 50% of possible gear and skins, but all the towers that are popping up are all repeats. :|

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Except for Skarlet and Cetrion for obvious reasons

Even those work just fine. I did their character towers via AI that way with no issues.

Maxing kombo/reversal so the AI is efficient with pokes and combos out far outweighs trying to balance the zoning and run away attributes to match the intended playstyle. Trying to set up those characters to zone isn't worth it when just running towers with the AI.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the best AI to use on Towers? I use Kitana with 30 Kombos & Reversals.
Noob Saibot is by far and away the best. He's the fastest at that setup and wins the most. Use his Dark Sabbath move set.

I would also recommend Skarlet's for SOME fights set up as a zoner with points in zoning, combos, and runaway. Some fights rushing down will get you killed for various reasons like auras, so having a zoner setup for those times is good as well. She's also good setup at 30/30, but that won't help in those instances. But she's viable if you're ever trying to grind for her character tower requirements.

Kitana's AI is busted as she constantly tries to do combos that were removed in the day one patch (unless this has now been fixed?), But her AI is the worst for that reason. There's a way around it though by equipping certain moves which changes how she does combos. I don't have the setup on me ATM.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I saw some people say Kitana's AI was fixed a couple weeks ago but I never bothered to try it out myself. Sonya/Noob handle most things just fine.