• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I use the Sonya AI for all grinding.

I have watched the 30/30 rev/combo Jade sometimes. It constantly tries to do the slow ass overhead up close and gets poked out. It's hilarious.

I use cetrion for when I need a zoner for those certain situations.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Had a Sonya player in Ranked relentless teabag me after winning game 1, danced around, then Fatalitied. Won game 2, did the same thing but more intense. Won 2 games in a row afterwards convincingly to tie it up 2 - 2, and they rage quit. Good stuff.

If you play Erron, Sonya, or Geras and you teabag, you're even more pathetic than usual.

Oct 27, 2017
I avoid online entirely for these very lame ass reasons. Im reluctantly doing online now for the 50 kasual fights trophy and thats all. Pretty lame that you can't mute people in kasual fights either so i get to hear how i'm a spammer all the time when im only repeating a move to counter their spammy ass moves....smh

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
We'll get Shang Tsung added to our game before we get the full remix'd version of the movie song.

What the fuck kind of people are running NRS, jesus.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, Skarlet is pretty fun.

Not my usual style of character but I'm mixing things up. Any tips are more than welcome.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I avoid online entirely for these very lame ass reasons. Im reluctantly doing online now for the 50 kasual fights trophy and thats all. Pretty lame that you can't mute people in kasual fights either so i get to hear how i'm a spammer all the time when im only repeating a move to counter their spammy ass moves....smh

The PS gold headset is a godsend for this. I can just put the voice chat volume to zero and never be bothered.

Ube

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It took a bit of work (and patience with how often this game fucking crashes on the switch) but I finally got all 25 heads with Shao Kahn being the last one.

Now I just gotta dump a bunch of money into the shrine and pray for good kitana gear :(

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Online has been spotty for me the last few days. Idk what's up

All my ranked games have been laggy tonight. Suuucks

Last edited:

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Scorpion is too safe. I just fought a guy who was teleporting all the time and I swear there was basically nothing to do.

Teleports into cancels, teleports into throws, teleports into amplify, he has an option for everything.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm picking this up on Switch tomorrow to play with a friend who only owns a Switch. As a long time stick enthusiast, I'm torn on picking up a Pro Controller for this, or getting a brooks adapter for my Razer Panthera for essentially the same price. Would it be better to stick with a pad for this? I've heard some offputting things about MK11 and blocks with a stick, and I remember not super enjoying Injustice on a stick, but that was years ago.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
When did the 10k Soul Chest cost in the woods go down to 1k? I've been grinding for a while but apparently I didn't need to?

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I think I am finally getting the hang on this game online! I got my first (fairly mild) hate message!

cuYhUZX.png

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Would like to know when the Krypt will be fixed so you don't lose souls unexpectedly. I've only gone through once and would like to reset my chests and then focus on souls since that's what people have said gives out the best loot after the first time through.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Bruce Campbell said he had never talked to NRS until after he posted the "rumor fatality" tweet.

He said he's absolutely open to Cameos but he doesn't want a playable Ash because they are saving this for the Evil Dead VR game.

He said he didn't like that Dead by Daylight made it seem like Ash was a full thing in the game so he only wants cameos.

Huh not sure what to make of this.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Would like to know when the Krypt will be fixed so you don't lose souls unexpectedly. I've only gone through once and would like to reset my chests and then focus on souls since that's what people have said gives out the best loot after the first time through.

Same here. I'm done w/ towers and have a fortune in currencies, but I'm too afraid to do anything in the Krypt and I spent way too much time grinding AI on the side to risk it. We'll have to get a patch before the 18th, but I was hoping it was possible to server/hotfix. Guess not.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a new character to learn. I've already learned Scorpion, Baraka, Cetrion, Shao Kahn, Geras, and D'vorah to a decent extent. Any fun suggestions?

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure, but throwing dead by daylight under the bus on multiple interviews and also talking about it at all instead of just asking the guys not to ask him about it is strange ?

I hope he is trolling cause I really want Ash but it's curious how he's handling it.

I mean, there's a possibility he's not voicing the character, but Ash is in the game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there's a possibility he's not voicing the character, but Ash is in the game.

He said not even his reps had heard about it until the "leak", and they contacted him afterwards. That still doesn't add up.

Plus securing Ash and not Bruce would be dumb at this point. I think Telltale did use Ash without Bruce but that'd be rather insulting to do that on a big project like Mk11.

Also I'm not sure who owns the rights to Ash but he implies Sam and Bruce have a say regarding Ash's appearances.

edit :

Hah... They don't own Army of Darkness.

So it goes back to "evil dead's Ash" not joining mk11. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
We know the leak is legitimate, though -- three of the characters have since been confirmed, and Shang Tsung's actual dialogue matches up with the leaked dialogue. There's a character in the leak named Ash who talks about American denim, demons, and reading "the book," and I can't imagine such a description applying to anyone but Ash Williams.

The least convoluted explanation here is that Bruce Campbell is simply putting on an act to make the eventual reveal seem as surprising as possible.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
We know the leak is legitimate, though -- three of the characters have since been confirmed, and Shang Tsung's actual dialogue matches up with the leaked dialogue. There's a character in the leak named Ash who talks about American denim, demons, and reading "the book," and I can't imagine such a description applying to anyone but Ash Williams.

The least convoluted explanation here is that Bruce Campbell is simply putting on an act to make the eventual reveal seem as surprising as possible.

There are 4 guest characters in the leak though and only 3 will join the game for now.

So the last one is either season pass 2 or just cancelled ?

Ironically, Joker and Ash were the least advanced DLC characters. Which is strange because a KP1 character shouldn't be made after kp2 like Fujin.

The fact they were seems to me like they kind of decided late about them. Now granted the chainsaw tease would be cruel if they just give us Joker.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
There are 4 guest characters in the leak though and only 3 will join the game for now.

So the last one is either season pass 2 or just cancelled ?

Ironically, Joker and Ash were the least advanced DLC characters. Which is strange because a KP1 character shouldn't be made after kp2 like Fujin.

The fact they were seems to me like they kind of decided late about them. Now granted the chainsaw tease would be cruel if they just give us Joker.
I'm sure they'd finalize the deal before including the character's name in the files and writing dialogue for them.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else playing this on the PS4 or Xbox remotely?

The AI battles encouraged me to use the Xbox's streaming capabilities with the OneCast app on iPad. So now I'm always making most of the grinding and Krypt raiding on the iPad.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Getting harder to find Ranked matches. I guess this is because the hidden skill-based matchmaking system is relatively strict. It says I'm rank 82 on the leaderboards, so I don't know how that correlates to matching people up.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else playing this on the PS4 or Xbox remotely?

The AI battles encouraged me to use the Xbox's streaming capabilities with the OneCast app on iPad. So now I'm always making most of the grinding and Krypt raiding on the iPad.
I play remote play on my laptop and send my Noob AI into the towers while I fuck around on the internet. Just pressing X every once in a while on my dual shock 4.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
I mean, sure, but throwing dead by daylight under the bus on multiple interviews and also talking about it at all instead of just asking the guys not to ask him about it is strange ?

I hope he is trolling cause I really want Ash but it's curious how he's handling it.

Maybe he actually didn't know anything about it, maybe the studio signed the contract without contacting him first (not sure how such deals work ... )
I presume he wasn't too happy and that's why he said in the interview "if we could figure something out".

He also said, he was OK with one-lines, but that's basicly everything he has to do for this project.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Think I might put this game down for a while. There's just something incredibly off putting about the blockstun making punishing attacks feel like crap and the way certain characters are "balanced". I have a 60% win rate in ranked so its not like I'm just complaining cuz bad, just don't enjoy the game as much as I though I would. Hopefully be back if they make substantial changes in the next patch.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Think I might put this game down for a while. There's just something incredibly off putting about the blockstun making punishing attacks feel like crap and the way certain characters are "balanced". I have a 60% win rate in ranked so its not like I'm just complaining cuz bad, just don't enjoy the game as much as I though I would. Hopefully be back if they make substantial changes in the next patch.
The block stun does feel very strange, being my first NRS game I'm playing seriously. Sometimes it's basically non-existent, so you need to press a button immediately if you want to take your turn. Sometimes it's very long, so you need to wait a certain amount of time or mash for a move to come out.

Last edited:

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
The block stun does feel very strange, being the first NRS game I'm playing seriously. Sometimes it's basically non-existent, so you need to press a button immediately if you want to take your turn. Sometimes it's very long, so you need to wait a certain amount of time or mash for a move to come out.
Exactly. Oh this move is -12? Okay I'll punish with my 11 frame B1,2, but uh oh your character is stuck in a ridiculous stun state so now your gonna only get B2 to come out. Have fun being punished for whiffing your slow recovery overhead! And then the next move that's 12 is the easiest thing in the universe to punish. It makes no sense and is super frustrating.

The thing is, it never felt like this in MKX so having it be a problem in this game puzzles me. Oh well. Back to Tekken for the time being. At least until Sonya gets nerfed and Raijin gets buffed.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he actually didn't know anything about it, maybe the studio signed the contract without contacting him first (not sure how such deals work ... )
I presume he wasn't too happy and that's why he said in the interview "if we could figure something out".

He also said, he was OK with one-lines, but that's basicly everything he has to do for this project.

He said he is OK with a few lines because he doesn't want Ash to be advertised as playable anywhere else but the Evil Dead video game.

So no matter how you look at it, it seems weird.

It's even worse if they make Ash without Bruce.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Just played a guy for like 12 sets in casual (his sonya vs my kitana), we traded wins back and forth until the last 2-3 sets when I just got figured out. Sent him an invite so I could say GG... and he didn't accept. I was sad, I thought we bonded. We had our moment, it was fleeting, it will never be experienced again.