• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Man parrying your opponent online with Skarlet might be my favourite thing to do in this game.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oooooh are you kidding me, you finally give me a Noob tower and the Brutality reward is randomly of Cassie? You SCUM.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I started to play almost exclusively Ranked online. Played 5 sets last night, and on two of them I was able to come back from a 0-2.

I had a super clutch moment where the only reason I didn't lose is because I tried a risky Fatal Blow that only worked because of the armor, leaving me with about 2% health.

Ranked is really fun unless you run across a super OP Geras or Sonya.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Stolen from a reddit thread: I'd loveTalion/Celebrimbor from the Shadow of Mordor games as guest character. He'd come straight out of his own games with an assortment of fatalities/brutalities. Could totally see the "SUFFER ME NOW" grab as a brutality.
Disclaimer: Of course I'd prefer every returning MK character over every guest, but WB gonna do what they gonna do.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Finally got around to focusing on MK11 a bit yesterday and got in some online matches. Had quite a bit of fun.

Getting harder to find Ranked matches. I guess this is because the hidden skill-based matchmaking system is relatively strict. It says I'm rank 82 on the leaderboards, so I don't know how that correlates to matching people up.
I think I vaguely recall you had that same issue in dbfz. It truly is lonely at the top (aka slower MM for top tier players)

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think I vaguely recall you had that same issue in dbfz. It truly is lonely at the top (aka slower MM for top tier players)
Same in SFV. I guess that's just the reality of matchmaking, but it also depends on the overall playerbase. That issue wasn't a thing in StarCraft II, even when I reached Master. In MK 11, I'm now running into the same player 4 times in a row (happened earlier).

Things still work fine in Kasual, though, so if I need to, I'll play that more.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Finally jumped online yesterday and boy, people really don't seem to like rematching in kasual online.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a Krypt Key item in a tower, the "Severed Head of Jacqui Briggs," anyone know how to use it? Unless it's just an alternate way of unlocking the 50 fatalities thing?

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just got a Krypt Key item in a tower, the "Severed Head of Jacqui Briggs," anyone know how to use it? Unless it's just an alternate way of unlocking the 50 fatalities thing?
That IS the 50 fatalities reward. Well, now its 25, but either way you use them on the head spikes near the statues of the characters from MK1 in the Krypt.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel dumb, I just noticed the Tournament stage has the classic MK theme mixed in! Thats sick.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm biting the bullet and going more online first time in a fighting game

And honestly thanks to matchmaking I'm doing better than I thought and Skarlet is my main

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
The person at the top of the Ranked leaderboards has a 238/4 W/L ratio.

How is that person not winning EVO or something.

The top 2 players in ranked(Sum_Dum_Gai and Hell_2_da_naw) is the same guy, NinjaKilla.
He's a kid so doesn't travel much.
He beat SonicFox in a set 10-3 but then Sonic ran it back today in an online tourney, where NinjaKilla got 4th.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
New to the whole using AI on towers thing.

Who's the best to use? or is it better to switch between Noob and Sonya with like 30 points into rushdown and 30 in Kombos?

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Today I went from 26/13 to 28/23 in Ranked. I'm not sure what the fuck is going on with me.

Also not sure why I can decline some matches and can't others in Ranked. Nothing sucks more than getting paired with the guy who just kicked your ass and being unable to refuse.

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Today I went from 26/13 to 28/23 in Ranked. I'm not sure what the fuck is going on with me.

Also not sure why I can decline some matches and can't others in Ranked. Nothing sucks more than getting paired with the guy who just kicked your ass and being unable to refuse.
You can only decline a match if it's 2 bars or less in terms of connection. The game forces you to be matched with people who have what's considered a good connection with you. And that's what it should do. In FighterZ before player information was hidden in matchmaking, for example, it was a huge problem where people matched in Ranked would be very selective with who they'd want to play against in order to give themselves the best chance at winning. So there'd be constant rejections, and it got annoying. If that's one's mindset, just stay away from it and go to casual; it's "ranked" for a reason.

I'd want to be paired against the person who just kicked my ass again. That's how you adapt and improve.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ah, gotcha.

About the other thing, I'm not sure. You can improve by fighting someone above your skill level for sure, but some people are way beyond me and I know that I could fight them a hundred times and they'd wipe the floor with me every single one of them. It's not really fun at that point.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Was watching some videos trying to learn Cassie's Yaas Queen variation and I somehow accidentally added this to my playlist. A good example of the morons you'll encounter online. Some of the gems you'll hear if you bother listening to this.

"You're being recorded for modding!"

As well as,

"I have to reset my IP address."

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, gotcha.

About the other thing, I'm not sure. You can improve by fighting someone above your skill level for sure, but some people are way beyond me and I know that I could fight them a hundred times and they'd wipe the floor with me every single one of them. It's not really fun at that point.
Yeah, though if you're matched with them, they're probably closer to your level than you think. The matchmaking has generally been good about that. It depends on your focus, really. If it's to win, I can see how that wouldn't be fun. If it's to improve, then focusing on a small thing that you keep messing up against them and making it a point to adapt so that one thing never happens again, even if you lose, would be a success and all that matters, really. W/L is meaningless.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Seriously, something's fucking off with me today. And I know I should stop playing because I keep losing and I never lose this much but I want to find out what's wrong so I keep playing and losing and getting angrier and angrier every time. I seriously should stop playing.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Seriously, something's fucking off with me today. And I know I should stop playing because I keep losing and I never lose this much but I want to find out what's wrong so I keep playing and losing and getting angrier and angrier every time. I seriously should stop playing.

When you lose few in a row best thing is to stop playing. No matter the game. You will just get more frustrated.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Jeez is there a more pointless mode than AI Battle? And why would you EVER not ragequit when your AI is about to lose, since you only get the good stuff for winning and the game doesnt punish you for leaving? They even introduced AI only online battles if you wanna test your AI so its double pointless.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Jeez is there a more pointless mode than AI Battle? And why would you EVER not ragequit when your AI is about to lose, since you only get the good stuff for winning and the game doesnt punish you for leaving? They even introduced AI only online battles if you wanna test your AI so its double pointless.
you're in-game so you count as a playing user.

All about them statistics baby

Oct 27, 2017
The 4th tower of Armed to the teeth ("Turnt up") gives a Roiling Magma Tower Key (that unlocks costumes for Scorpion and Liu Kang) if you finish it on Brutal difficulty (1h30 left).

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Finally jumped online yesterday and boy, people really don't seem to like rematching in kasual online.
The random I fought the other day we rematched several times.
When you lose few in a row best thing is to stop playing. No matter the game. You will just get more frustrated.
This is why I enjoy fighting against friends and people on Discord. I got real used to losing in FGs real fast. And getting advice has helped me out
I'll stay play with randoms tho esp in a game like this that will reward me with the win if they RQ

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, they fixed the chest that had unlimited krypt keys? Damn

The rule of thumb for any NRS game is if you find anything that works in your favor, jump on it asap because they will nerf/patch it. That's why I got over 20 of those keys first.

The 4th tower of Armed to the teeth ("Turnt up") gives a Roiling Magma Tower Key (that unlocks costumes for Scorpion and Liu Kang) if you finish it on Brutal difficulty (1h30 left).

Dang. When I was sleeping. Been waiting for a couple of these.

The random I fought the other day we rematched several times.

I had better luck after I got an initial batch of matches played.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus this scarlet tower and it's bleeding mechanic ridiculous

The bleeding thing takes out a ridiculous amount of health

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was already saying in the Ubisoft press conference thread that they should've announced Terminator for MK11 before. Now, after E3, whenTerminator is confirmed to be in every other game, people will only yawn when he is finally announced for MK11.