• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I was already saying in the Ubisoft press conference thread that they should've announced Terminator for MK11 before. Now, after E3, whenTerminator is confirmed to be in every other game, people will only yawn when he is finally announced for MK11.
Gears and Ghost Recon only appear to feature generic endoskeletons, though. MK getting Arnold's likeness and voice (or a soundalike) is a much bigger deal.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gears and Ghost Recon only appear to feature generic endoskeletons, though. MK getting Arnold's likeness and voice (or a soundalike) is a much bigger deal.

I agree if it will be indeed the classic Terminator look:

Terminator2_01.jpg

But we don't know that yet, or do we?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So i'm freaking out about Ash again.

Honestly with the last Bruce interview that was already really negative for the character appearance and all the DOOM teasing.... I'm not too hopeful anymore...

What a shame.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, from what I read online, for the Touch of Decay tower that is up now, the Caustic Presence tower supposedly has a Scorpion tower key with gear if you beat it on brutal.

I'm testing it now.

Yup. Brutal has the Battle Singed Tower Key.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
How to you change the difficulties in Tower of Time?

Also, Reposting from yesterday

Who's the best to use for ToT for AI? or is it better to switch between Noob and Sonya with like 30 points into rushdown and 30 in Kombos?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
How to you change the difficulties in Tower of Time?

Also, Reposting from yesterday

Who's the best to use for ToT for AI? or is it better to switch between Noob and Sonya with like 30 points into rushdown and 30 in Kombos?
Well once you get a high enough score basically (I'm not sure if every tower is like this) you can unlock brutal difficulty. Otherwise it's not changeable. I would just stick with Noob unless he fails you then try your Sonya. Unfortunately you can't use your AI on brutal difficulty so you'll need to use konsumables to stand a chance.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Well once you get a high enough score basically (I'm not sure if every tower is like this) you can unlock brutal difficulty. Otherwise it's not changeable. I would just stick with Noob unless he fails you then try your Sonya. Unfortunately you can't use your AI on brutal difficulty so you'll need to use konsumables to stand a chance.

Thanks for the info! Oof. I'm not really that good at this, although I've earned a shit ton of consumables from the AI battles, so maybe I can eventually cheese my way into some wins. lol

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
So Kombat League is delayed again? Wondering what's the hold up, I mean at this point the game is losing players (it's nearly 2 months old once Kombat League supposedly hits).
I'm hoping it's just ranked mode with visible ranks where you can track your (and your opponent's) progress, so just like SF5 does it.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Kombat League is delayed again? Wondering what's the hold up, I mean at this point the game is losing players (it's nearly 2 months old once Kombat League supposedly hits).
I'm hoping it's just ranked mode with visible ranks where you can track your (and your opponent's) progress, so just like SF5 does it.
they should have never put up a date/countdown timer lmao

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017

Yea, that shit is a joke, lol. NRS is usually so polished, this ranked/Kombat league situation is weird.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing on a 6 button fightstick, I'm debating adding 2 extra buttons. Tired of my rolls not coming out and my throws turning into a S1 and costing me rounds.

Oct 27, 2017
What's going on with the online part of this game at this point?
On PC, right after the weekly reset there was a Sub Zero tower on a 24h timer, I did it and got the rewards, then I logged off because Race over time was unavailable, I logged back on and it changed into a Kitana tower on a 48h timer... Race over time is still unavailable since the reset 3h30 ago...

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yea, that shit is a joke, lol. NRS is usually so polished, this ranked/Kombat league situation is weird.
The premium store has the same Jacqui skin twice for sale today.

What's going on with the online part of this game at this point?
A lot of the speculation is that the game came in way hotter than their last two fighting games (previously, DLC was revealed before the game launched, this time it took almost two months to see the full characters, at launch, there were stories about a culture of crunch and burnout at NRS, etc.). The hope has been that NRS taking longer to release DLC and get the Kombat League going is that, while it may not have been "ready," that they aren't pressuring staff to work weekends/long days to get it all done.

That said, when last week they said the Kombat League info would be revealed soon (and even addressed the timer is close to being up), I really thought this time it was for real.

Anyway, it's been an interesting ride. I hate that they cast Ronda Rousey, I hope they aren't burning out their staff, and the Towers Of Time seem like a big mis-step to me, less in terms of the grind and more in terms of just not finding most of them fun. BUT, the rest of the game is by far my favourite Mortal Kombat game ever, and I have something like 250 online matches done. I hope the long run of this game really addresses everything so it stands really tall by the end!

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
Anyway, it's been an interesting ride. I hate that they cast Ronda Rousey, I hope they aren't burning out their staff, and the Towers Of Time seem like a big mis-step to me, less in terms of the grind and more in terms of just not finding most of them fun. BUT, the rest of the game is by far my favourite Mortal Kombat game ever, and I have something like 250 online matches done. I hope the long run of this game really addresses everything so it stands really tall by the end!
This sounds just like me when having an in-depth converstation with my brother the other day. I agree with every point. The other big disappointment for me was when I recently found out that Mick Gordon wanted to do the music for MK11. For those who don't know, Mick actually met up with the guy in charge of music for NRS a few years ago and the dude told Mick he didn't like his stuff. This is frustrating to me because the current music in the game is almost completely forgettable and I absolutely love what Mick Gordon adds to the experience whether it's a fighting game or an action game. Oh well.

Still trying to get some cool colors for my girl Skarlet and still having a ton of fun fighting friends online.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Game was definitely unfinshed, unbalanced and not tested enough. They clearly rushed it to release.

Really disagree with you here. I played both MK9 and MKX a lot day 1 and this game is WAY more balanced than those two were out of the gate. MKX required a lot of patches to get right. With MK11 I could see the game dialed in very nicely with just two patches. There are a few characters that need help (e.g., Kotal, Kollector, Kano, D'vorah) and a few at the top that could be brought down a bit (e.g. Sonya, Cassie, Geras, Scorp). I don't think I'm alone here, I think this is pretty much the kommunity konsensus. MK11 is off to a great start.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Notes: https://old.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bzhi1w/61119_ps4xbox_patch_notes/

Important ones to me:

• Added an Easy Krushing Blows option to Practice Mode's Practice Options which will bypass most Krushing Blow's conditional requirements

• Added Random Hidden option to Practice Mode AI Options' Playback Recording Slot selection

• Added several new Brutalities for players to discover

• Added Variation info to the pause menu and some multiplayer online loading screens

• Ranked Sets (only available when a Kombat League season is not active) are now a first to 2 match set

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It's not listed, but I hoped they finally fix the shrine dupes (it wasn't fully addressed last time) and the soul loss crashes in the Krypt.
The soul thing being the main one.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
New Skarlet tower up right now for about two more hours. Has one of the the red pixie cut hair styles as a reward. To my knowledge, it's never been up before. It's a single fight.

Yup, about to post this.
I have everything from these towers, and it's the first new one I've seen in a while.

Also there's some gear in Brutal difficulty after you beat it.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, played a casual set earlier with a guy that had played like 2k sets.... Every single time I hit rematch he'd change character. It was weird. He was better than I was but I wasn't really used to someone switching characters every single set.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, online is weird. I don't get people that bail after they lose a close set in casuals. COME ON, let's play!

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fuck Sonya and her vacuum punches with huge hitboxes.

Fuck the fact that half the fights in Ranked are against either her or Geras and his equally broken braindead shit.

Fuck.

FUUUUCK.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I don't get the people in this game. If I lose, I'm playing tons of sets. If I win the first one... my opponent checks the fuck out. COME ON I WANT TO LEARN.

Omicron Theta

Oct 27, 2017
wssig5uhy5131.jpg

I'm at a loss with this one.

Anyone notice the characters no longer get sweaty after a while during a match? I noticed it the other day and thought it may be a bug on patch 1.05, but it's still like that on today's patch 1.06.

I did a search and Ed Boon's tweet was the only thing I could find. He tweeted this around the same time patch 1.05 was released. Could this be what Ed Boon's tweet from two weeks ago is about? I really liked the sweat effect and I think it sucks that it's gone. I hope it's just a bug and they add it back in the next patch.

Anyway, this is probably something most people won't notice or care about but I feel like I discovered something and wanted to share. Haha.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone notice the characters no longer get sweaty after a while during a match? I noticed it the other day and thought it may be a bug on patch 1.05, but it's still like that on today's patch 1.06.

I did a search and Ed Boon's tweet was the only thing I could find. He tweeted this around the same time patch 1.05 was released. Could this be what Ed Boon's tweet from two weeks ago is about? I really liked the sweat effect and I think it sucks that it's gone. I hope it's just a bug and they add it back in the next patch.

Anyway, this is probably something most people won't notice or care about but I feel like I discovered something and wanted to share. Haha.
Lol, this was definitely Nightwolf teaser, nothing more.
I have to say that i didn't even notice sweat effect. But i remember how bad and overdone it was in MKX.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
lmao the PC pool is so low... that I got matched with a guy that was a "51%/49%" set.... I won... he immediately went back to next opponent and we get matched against 4 times in a row again and he declined every single time. Fun stuff.