• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
lmao the PC pool is so low... that I got matched with a guy that was a "51%/49%" set.... I won... he immediately went back to next opponent and we get matched against 4 times in a row again and he declined every single time. Fun stuff.
This was happening in injustice 2 to me all the time.
MK11 playerbase went from 30+k in first week to ~4k in less than two months.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Lol two of the same item are in the Premium shop and the game gave me 10 of the same reward for Story fight 50. This is silly.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Think I'm finally going to jump into ranked tomorrow night. I've got 500+ matches between kasual and komp, so now to really get into the thick of things.

Oct 27, 2017
One thing i noticed is on your stats screen there's now a message in the lower left saying some kind of error retrieving the stats and that the values listed aren't accurate. lol they've never been accurate, but at least they're telling us now

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018

That kind of sucks. Hopefully, they follow through adding more variations soon and we'll have some. On the otherside, those early trailers made the ninja moves look pretty slow to me at least and I'm not sure how used they would be. This could just be my eyes messing with me due to having so much going on at once though.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

Adding this to my list of baffling decisions (there seems to be quite a few disconnects between the parts of the team working on the competitive side of the game and those working on the larger game). While it makes sense to have to balance the tournament variations, they must have known the thing people would be most excited about with the character was the ability to morph into at least one unplayable ninja. Now, we won't be seeing any of them show up in high-level play.

Oct 27, 2017
Notes: https://old.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bzhi1w/61119_ps4xbox_patch_notes/

Important ones to me:

• Added an Easy Krushing Blows option to Practice Mode's Practice Options which will bypass most Krushing Blow's conditional requirements

• Added Random Hidden option to Practice Mode AI Options' Playback Recording Slot selection

• Added several new Brutalities for players to discover

• Added Variation info to the pause menu and some multiplayer online loading screens

• Ranked Sets (only available when a Kombat League season is not active) are now a first to 2 match set

I think in general I prefer first to 2 so I might actually play more Ranked now...

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

I am in complete shock and disbelief.

I literally can't believe it. So literally 90% of your (false advertisement btw cause he used 4 abilities slots in the same sequence) trailer is things people can't really do in the only modes that matter.

Fantastic.

I think in general I prefer first to 2 so I might actually play more Ranked now...

I have a lot of matches where I get 2-0 then I adapt and 3-0 my opponent back. Guess I'm gonna lose a lot of "sets" now lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I am in complete shock and disbelief.

I literally can't believe it. So literally 90% of your (false advertisement btw cause he used 4 abilities slots in the same sequence) trailer is things people can't really do in the only modes that matter.

Fantastic.

I have a lot of matches where I get 2-0 then I adapt and 3-0 my opponent back. Guess I'm gonna lose a lot of "sets" now lol.

The only reason I wanted to play Shang Tsung was for the ninjas...welp lol

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am getting kinda tired of the game honestly. Basically everything i do these days is ToT for the characters i like and... that's it. I probably have less than 40 online matches played, i just don't have any desire to play online.
Every time i think about playing the game i feel like there is something else and better to spent my time on. I got it for "cheap" but i SO regret buying Premium Edition.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
No ninjas on tournament variations sucks, and the fact that they used all four on a single sequence for the trailer is a load of bullshit.

I am getting kinda tired of the game honestly. Basically everything i do these days is ToT for the characters i like and... that's it. I probably have less than 40 online matches played, i just don't have any desire to play online.
Every time i think about playing the game i feel like there is something else and better to spent my time on. I got it for "cheap" but i SO regret buying Premium Edition.
No offense, but: why did you buy the game? We haven't even seen the DLC yet.

If the SP content isn't enough to keep you playing and you're not interested in the online, why get the Premium Edition?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone notice the characters no longer get sweaty after a while during a match? I noticed it the other day and thought it may be a bug on patch 1.05, but it's still like that on today's patch 1.06.

I did a search and Ed Boon's tweet was the only thing I could find. He tweeted this around the same time patch 1.05 was released. Could this be what Ed Boon's tweet from two weeks ago is about? I really liked the sweat effect and I think it sucks that it's gone. I hope it's just a bug and they add it back in the next patch.

Anyway, this is probably something most people won't notice or care about but I feel like I discovered something and wanted to share. Haha.

I didn't notice the characters in this game ever sweating.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PC gives me the chance to talk to my opponents easily but I am like 0-20 at this point. I have not had a single person accept my friend request so we could talk. Its super frustrating.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't gonna talk online. There was only one kinda positive experience (which wasn't really) where someone was trying to ask me the difference between Kano's two command grab looking moves and telling me to do one or the other. Other than that, it's been universally unpleasant. Mic usage (and teabag frequency) started dropping pretty heavily as I rose up the ranks, though, so there's that.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I ain't gonna talk online. There was only one kinda positive experience (which wasn't really) where someone was trying to ask me the difference between Kano's two command grab looking moves and telling me to do one or the other. Other than that, it's been universally unpleasant. Mic usage (and teabag frequency) started dropping pretty heavily as I rose up the ranks, though, so there's that.

What are you playing on? I want to play you be I know how bad it'll go.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Just PS4. It's too bad this game doesn't have cross-play, that should be a focus for all fighting games going forward.

Yeah. Bought this game on PC because I JUST got a new PC... and basically no one got it on Steam. I'd offer to play you in SFV but I know how'd that go. Also idk how to play SFV after playing MK... I just hold HK constantly.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The people who have their mic on with music playing are the worst.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
For teaching grabs is there a tell like the right fist coming forward first means tech with 1 and left fist means 2. Or is it just guessing? So far I tech in relation to whatever will.l put me closer to the corner l/keep me in the corner and players online will no always follow that logic so knowing what to look for would help.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For teaching grabs is there a tell like the right fist coming forward first means tech with 1 and left fist means 2. Or is it just guessing? So far I tech in relation to whatever will.l put me closer to the corner l/keep me in the corner and players online will no always follow that logic so knowing what to look for would help.
Teching is a 100% 50/50. But the thing in fighting games is that a 50/50 is never really a complete coin toss and there's information to work with which will give you a better chance of defense. Throws that will put you closer to the corner are one of them. "Escape Fail" resulting in the opponent attempting a particular throw for their Krushing Blow is another.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

Flux explained it better but it is basically a guessing game in MK. You have to press 1/3 or 2/4 depending on which type of throw you're expecting. Then you have to factor in how close you are to the corner. Also, did you just fail to break a throw against a character that has a crushing blow on a throw? Guess all day erry day.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Teching is a 100% 50/50. But the thing in fighting games is that a 50/50 is never really a complete coin toss and there's information to work with which will give you a better chance of defense. Throws that will put you closer to the corner are one of them. "Escape Fail" resulting in the opponent attempting a particular throw for their Krushing Blow is another.
Ah alright. At least I know I'm going at it with the right mindset. Just gotta pay attention to those krushing blow requirements.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kombat League info:

eKaPkR9.jpg

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like there's another new tower up with skins and gear for Kano and Kabal.
Two pieces on Brutal too.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How do you ensure parity with cross play though ?

PC typically runs games with a lot less input lag which is basically cheating in a competitive setting.
Input lag disparity isn't that significant between platforms for it to be a real issue, and I bet it especially isn't when it comes to MK11's netcode. It works fine in Street Fighter V.

And if someone personally cares, there's a filter to only play with players of your given platform. There are literally no downsides, but many positives. This is one thing Capcom has done miles better than any fighting game developer out there with CFN.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
The same frame rate doesn't mean the input lag is the same though. If you have less, your buttons will come out first. Of course, the different versions could be made to have the same input lag I would think.

For sure, but you're talking about games having to deal with various TVs/Monitors/whatever. That isn't on the devs.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For sure, but you're talking about games having to deal with various TVs/Monitors/whatever. That isn't on the devs.
Well, no, not exactly. Displays can have a lag as well, but I was talking purely the time from when a button is pressed to when it's acknowledged by the system. The different versions of SFIV had very different input lag, for example.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
How do you ensure parity with cross play though ?

PC typically runs games with a lot less input lag which is basically cheating in a competitive setting.
There can be big disparities in input lag based on controllers as well. It's a not really perceptible by the vast majority of humans though and won't really matter much when skill is taken into account which is why incredible players do so well even when daisy chaining controller convertors or playing on wireless pads.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
No one playing this game wants to improve. If I get wrecked, we'll play set after set. If I win the guy is going to immediately check out of the set.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No ninjas on Shang's Tournament Variations is such bullshit and actually sours me on the character. Whats the point of making morphing such big deal and then it turns out you'l see NONE of it during actual tournaments? Hell Kombat League begins as he goes early access so people who want to get good with Shang will never use the ninjas. Its so fucking stupid. Heard Max actually pointed it out to them when he demoed the character so maybe its not too late to reverse this.