• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not expecting NRS' reveals to be synced to events. They seem to be operating on their own timeline for whatever reasons.

I'm sure it's due to them not trying to overwork their employees. They got some flack about crunch, so it seems like the timeline for DLC content is going to be a little bit stretched out compared to previous titles. Not that I'm complaining or anything :)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's due to them not trying to overwork their employees. They got some flack about crunch, so it seems like the timeline for DLC content is going to be a little bit stretched out compared to previous titles. Not that I'm complaining or anything :)

Yeah, that plus it potentially having come in hot at launch and them playing a bit of catch-up (speculating here).

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Sindel:

D-9Zr0zWsAANhTH.jpg

i4i5oybdc3931.jpg

Last edited:

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I really like how she looks. She was my secondary behind Ermac back in MK9, can't wait to try her out in 11.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch PerfectLegend? His Shang Tsung is fire. That character gonna be in a lot of tourneys once he's legal

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like she's been doing Hot Yoga in the Netherrealm, still got that banging figure.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I was on my way to getting the 100 brutalities trophy (I was at 97) and my settings erased. Again.

Super frustrating. I mean, it's not hard to do brutalities but I want that damn trophy.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking good, but I hope the revenant skin is not the default for Sindel too.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sindel's looking good... Excited to see a trailer.

Still not sure how I feel about her apparent history retcon. Hope that's just time-manipulated, Quan Chi-brainwashing-infused drama.

Will play her regardless.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Speaking of DLC characters, I'm very surprised at how few Shangs I have fought since his release. Anyone else?

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of DLC characters, I'm very surprised at how few Shangs I have fought since his release. Anyone else?
I've met Shang maybe 3 or 4 times in KL. He has been my most used character online since release though. You can tell he doesn't get used (or bought) much because people I fought in KL are actually watching his pre-match character interactions instead of skipping them like with every other character.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I've only come across Shang Tsung in KL maybe 2-3 times. One of those being this morning before work.

I also came across a Centrion for the first time in KL/Ranked. How the fuck are you supposed to fight her good lord.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I really really like Cetrion as a personality, voice, gear... she got it all for me atm.

Some of her combos are surprisingly swaggy too.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Okay, all over this scorpion hate now. 1. I'm bad 2. Teleport/spear recovery so fast compared to all Kotal Slow ass buttons 3. can't even punish with my command grab because it has the worst reach of any move ever... salty as shit

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Okay, all over this scorpion hate now. 1. I'm bad 2. Teleport/spear recovery so fast compared to all Kotal Slow ass buttons 3. can't even punish with my command grab because it has the worst reach of any move ever... salty as shit
I thought every character could punish him with a standing 1 (which usually can be converted to a full combo?).

Internet connections can impact the ability to do so, but yeah, generally, you aren't wanting to punish teleport with a special, you'll want to throw out a quick move that can be converted.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't planned to, but made it to Elder God.

vSGwA2I.jpg

Couldn't care less about Kabal. I hope next season has more stuff I care about in terms of gear.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I thought every character could punish him with a standing 1 (which usually can be converted to a full combo?).

Internet connections can impact the ability to do so, but yeah, generally, you aren't wanting to punish teleport with a special, you'll want to throw out a quick move that can be converted.
Just being salty and whiney. I'll check that out though. I'm not great at comboing but if I can poke out of teleport, I guess that should be a good start. Thanks for sharing.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Xbox with PlayStation button prompts. Says "right gauntlets" under the mask gear. Pretty interesting Spawn Photoshop though it's a design I've never seen so it seems like an original creation which must have taken some time.

Well, I thought it was fake too, that they just took a shot from the Spawn Movie:

But like you said, the design seems to be something original. The movie spawn doesn't have the chain on his neck, his belt is different too

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
There's literally no point in trying to poke with Skarlet, she loses to damn well near everything.

Anywho, played a few sets this morning before work. After about 5 of them I ended up being about +5 points from when I started. Getting to Demigod over the next 6-7 days is gonna be a damn grind.