• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Had a Scorpion who did nothing but spear, teleport and deathspin along with 2 strings over and over. I destroyed him with Raiden and he got on the mic to call me a fucking pussy for using one combo the whole match, meaning I did F4 or strings into storm cell then j4 into e. fly. I lost my next set because I was laughing too hard at our back and forth message war. Whoever that Erron was, enjoy your free win lol.

FluxWaveZ Caught your match against Kitana_Prime. That vine grab after he jumped off the interactable was disgusting. You taking that Cetrion to tournaments?

Last edited:

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
It's a tough call at this point - I wouldn't expect a quality of life patch until a character releases or balance patch comes out. It's starting to gett to be too close to EVO to expect balance changes, and even a new character release is iffy, based on NRS' history of releasing semi-broken to full-on OP DLC characters at launch. It'll be interesting to see if they choose to release one and see how it flies, release one but have them off-limits for EVO, or just wait until post-tourney.
NRS has been making so DLC characters aren't illegal until X days after release. Shang Teung won't be tournament legal at an NRS-sponsored event until Evo for example.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Is NRS going to have a presence at SDCC? I wonder if they're waiting until then to reveal Ash, Terminator, and show the rest.

It would be nice to get a July QoL patch even if there's no character this month, but I'm not holding my breath.

I feel like they almost have to reveal one of the guests or show off Spawn at SDCC.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Warner games are at SDCC.

I told you guys you were not getting anything at tourneys until comic con.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I finally made it to Demi-God with a record of 92/82. I kind of turned things around the past couple of days and I've been playing pretty well. The match that ranked me up was a Jade who had over 500 points more than me and a win would net me +94. It was a close match but I beat her in the end. Feels good. Then my first match as Demi-God matched me up against my first Cetrion. Promptly got destroyed because I don't know the match up. At least I didn't rank down.

Really looking forward to what they're going to show at SDCC!

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Kombat League effectively ended for me today. I don't play over the weekends, so I never reached Demi-God. I think my record ended up being roughly split around 75-75. A lot of my losses came when I played before work in the mornings. I'd always end up matched up against higher ranked people. When I would play after work in the afternoons, a lot more of my matches were people in my rank, with nigh 50% chance of winning.

I can't say I'm much looking forward to Season 2 though. I'll still play it, but I just wish regular rank with improved matchmatching was the standard.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Anyone else getting "there are no items currently for sale" msg when you open Premium Shop? It's like that for 2 days now for me.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's been working fine for me on PS4
Same here.

On the other hand...

66614777_10219757974769776_5897350732926943232_o.jpg

66418335_10219757974849778_8366154370538012672_o.jpg

How and why does this shit keep happening.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
IDK if this was a glitch or not, but I just performed a Brutality during a "Finish Him" accidentally.

Also, will season 2 just start in 3 days right after season 1? I love the idea of Kombat League with getting rewards and not just fighting for LP. I hope more fighting games in the future take inspiration from MK on getting items, skins and gear. I hate using this corporate term, but it really helps to keep me engaged with the game.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Also, will season 2 just start in 3 days right after season 1? I love the idea of Kombat League with getting rewards and not just fighting for LP. I hope more fighting games in the future take inspiration from MK on getting items, skins and gear. I hate using this corporate term, but it really helps to keep me engaged with the game.

I thought I read that there will be a 1 week gap between seasons? I can't find the info at the moment though

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
So it's PC only... niceeee.
Nope, it happened to me on Switch yesterday.

You know what else has been happening to me on Switch? Constant crashes. As in, I launch the game and it crashes immediately. This doesn't happen if I turn off internet connection... I've had quite a lot of issues with the Switch version, I'm going to stick with the PC version now, really.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
After playing a bit more Kombat League (not much, at 14-4), a few more thoughts on what quality of life changes I want to see come:
  1. being able to only match with wired connections or have an ability to auto reject, without consequence, pings over a certain number;
  2. making sure that wins/losses are counted when someone hard disconnects;
  3. better rewards for matches in ranked outside of the seasonal Kombat League rewards. Whether it's significantly buffed koin payouts or just having random gear/skin/konsumables drop that are otherwise locked in towers or the Krypt, it'd make the grind less annoying, let people play how they want to, and again, let people move away from towers, largely seen to be the least fun way to play the game, as the place to unlock cool shit;
  4. ability to more easily go after specific skins/gear, instead of intense RNG (whether this is having specific skins be purchasable for 500k Koins or having a weekly tower that grants one gear/skin unlock of your choice or something else);
  5. ability to customize multiple Kombat League skins/presets instead of just the one via "default" option (I only use Sub-Zero, I wish I could freely change costumes on the select screen as I'm matching again and again);
  6. do away with the Kombat League decay for not playing. I get that it's meant to get players to stay engaged, but punishment for not playing is shitty when they could instead just have a reward for playing. For example, first three sets of the day don't allow you to lose points, or first 2 sets of the day have 2x win bonus or something. Basically, if the problem is a worry that people aren't playing because they are worried about losing rank, why not just incentivize the first couple of matches to be problem free. A couple of free matches per day isn't going to drastically imbalance the league ranks, but it is something that would cause people to hop on more.
  7. less duplicate towers/less towers that take 30-40 minutes to complete. I'd way rather see towers have a default of 1-6 opponents overall than the 13 opponent set up that seems like the most common. At this point, I don't need the 6k koins and random tower konsumables from the small towers within, I need to quickly get through them to unlock shit that's rewarded at the end of the towers so that I can get back to online.
  8. actually, at this point, I think that the only konsumable I would find useful is if there was one that removed the loss of points for a day in Kombat League.
  9. the menu UI looks and feels bad to me. The game is gorgeous with amazing hi-res models and an incredible fighter select screen, but the splash screens to get to those have a comic art style that reminds me of mobile games more than a AAA fighting game. Given the grinding/engagement tools on display, it makes sense, but still...it could be so beautiful. Considering a total overdo isn't realistic, I wish I could just customize what's on the main screen so that it's just "Towers Of Time," "Kombat League," "Local VS." and "Training."
  10. also, again, please make Quitalities just become babalities. I want to see my opponent turn into a crying baby and have that carry over to their next match's intro.
  11. also, please give us a Sara Connor skin for Sonya with a different voice so that Sonya mains can play her without listening to Rousey.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I just want to see buffs to low tier characters and being able to decline wifi signals above 100. Buff Frost, Kollector, Kano, and Kotal Kahn. Hopefully a fix to allow the intended setups that Kotal and Kollector had removed in the day one patch due to setting up infinites (don't want an infinite, just better set up for tick throw).

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
This Johnny Cage Tower sucks.

Takes up the 72 hour slot for one measly skin with an input reading AI that takes miniscule damage, and with the screen blacking in and out?

and you get stuck with people who think "I got this" and don't tag. and the AI does a fatality every time you have to sit through. Not fun NRS. Blech.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Takes up the 72 hour slot for one measly skin with an input reading AI that takes miniscule damage, and with the screen blacking in and out?

and you get stuck with people who think "I got this" and don't tag. and the AI does a fatality every time you have to sit through. Not fun NRS. Blech.

Yea, its a bitch. I got paired up with a Sonya main and the user basically destroyed the AI, I didn't even get a chance. Lucky me.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

In general, I like the idea of the tag team against a boss fights in the towers, but there are a couple of problems with them...
1 - The UI/theatre mode etc. is unintuitive and so many players still don't realize that in the three person matches, they can spam assists and in the two person matches, it's beneficial to tag when you've taken a bit of damage so that you can heal. Over the course of a full match, you can probably regen an entire life bar between both players;
2 - The boss life pool isn't my problem, it's the other mechanics they almost always introduce - from gravity fields to pitch black screens to armor, not a single one of those adds anything to the fun factor of the fight.

Got so close on my first try with a random Jade. If they'd just tagged to regen health once we would've had it easily. Ah well.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have issues tagging out during the match? I click RS trying to tag and it doesn't work. Am I suppose to hold RS down?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
In general, I like the idea of the tag team against a boss fights in the towers, but there are a couple of problems with them...
1 - The UI/theatre mode etc. is unintuitive and so many players still don't realize that in the three person matches, they can spam assists and in the two person matches, it's beneficial to tag when you've taken a bit of damage so that you can heal. Over the course of a full match, you can probably regen an entire life bar between both players;
2 - The boss life pool isn't my problem, it's the other mechanics they almost always introduce - from gravity fields to pitch black screens to armor, not a single one of those adds anything to the fun factor of the fight.

Got so close on my first try with a random Jade. If they'd just tagged to regen health once we would've had it easily. Ah well.

They need some sort of flashing message box or something to remind people to tag.

I was able to get it once paired with someone who knew how to approach it. It just took a lot of tries.

If you still need it, lemme know.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
They need some sort of flashing message box or something to remind people to tag.

I was able to get it once paired with someone who knew how to approach it. It just took a lot of tries.

If you still need it, lemme know.
Thanks-I managed to get it the next match with a good Baraka tag partner.
This is the first tag match I think I'm gonna give up on.
It's worth checking if you have augments that can help out. I 100% ignore them, but turns out there are actually some really useful damage buffs in there too.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Do augments work in Ranked as well? Surely not, but thought I'd ask.

Also PSA for those who can't be bothered farming AI Battles. The O.G. Ninja skin for Scorpion is in the Premium Shop.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first tag match I think I'm gonna give up on.

I was finally able to do it by staying full screen as often as possible with Liu Kang and doing double fireballs while Cage does his little Parry animation. He'll still gain ground, but try to knock him back and repeat. Easier said than done, but Got a couple victories with laming this way. haha

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Been playing Johnny 24/7 with a huge grin on my face the whole time. he sucks, but he's a blast. High projectiles. High 11 frame starter (wtf). Low damage. But the staggers and footsies! It's so rewarding when you win.

My other mains (Sonya, Kabal, geras, Baraka) feel like cheat mode.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to learn Geras. I've only been playing with Shang Tsung, Baraka, Jade (not much), and Liu Kang. Also would really like to play with the special forces characters and Kitana. Need to win the lottery and pay off my student loans so I can be a YouTuber and play video games all day.

Last edited:

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm really looking to branch out with Kitana a bit but I need to really look into how to use her Half Blood stance effectively. I'm pretty ok with her first variant, Fan-Fare though.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
I went through and changed everyone's 1st and 2nd variations to match the tournament loadout for practicing and now Jax' cosmetics won't apply in ranked. What gives? Does it seriously have to be default even though that isn't the same as the tourny variations?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I went through and changed everyone's 1st and 2nd variations to match the tournament loadout for practicing and now Jax' cosmetics won't apply in ranked. What gives? Does it seriously have to be default even though that isn't the same as the tourny variations?
Why did you do that? In Practice mode, you can go to "Practice Options" and select tournament variations without customizing them yourself.

And yes, default variation gear is what applies to any variation online.