• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So I finally got the game and y'all were right baraka is hella fun and pretty easy to handle. That damage is sooo good lol. Thanks for that advice

I've a question, in ranked is there a way to play with skins or gear?

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got the game and y'all were right baraka is hella fun and pretty easy to handle. That damage is sooo good lol. Thanks for that advice

I've a question, in ranked is there a way to play with skins or gear?

Whatever variation you set to default in the character customization menu will carry over gears and skin into Rank.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
A day to spare I finally did it.

serveimage

Online ranking needs improvement. Have ping dynamically change rather be a static number because the in game ping is much higher than what's displayed before accepting a match. Get rid of the Bar Connection quality, it's a lie and I see post here showing "Green Connection".NO NO NO! And ban players who failed to the benchmark test in ranked matches.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Ancient Blood Magic Skarlet Mask in the 12 hour tower!!!

That's the maskless one!

Go! Go! Go!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Double post but see above.

Will get.

Everybody tag me the fuck out when maskless Skarlet goes up please.
Huge. I'm a Sub-Zero main and assumed I'd never get this. Thanks for posting! 3 days to complete the tower too...first tower I've actively wanted to complete in ages.
Speaking of maskless Skarlet. I chucked another million into the slot machine last night, still didn't get it.
Tag me too regarding Skarlet maskless x

Yes, it's utter cheese. Love it lol

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, going live at 11pm EST, that's fucking rough. Hope the folks looking for that mask end up getting it

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm switching mains to maskless KItana. You PEONS!!!!!!!!!!

YOU FAKES! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE STRUGGLE!

I despise everyone and I want to die (not really).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I missed you in the post, I was frantically trying to post on my phone and it was not working well.

Gonna retag some folks now:
Slaythe bubumiao shawnoftheshred cosmickosm Dog SinkFla

Doing God's work.

Thank you !

I got sucked into F F XiV but I will return to MK soon. I miss it.

Same but I'm kinda fine waiting for DLC and rebalance at this point.

Like I tried to go back and ended up right into a wifi scorpion and I remembered why I quit lol. I don't even lose it's just 0 fun.

Last edited:

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
GodfuckingDAMMIT!

I worked for this shit. You motherfucker yous!
Yep, same. I'm gonna miss it due to work and my back up plan is currently at an appointment down town and won't get back in time.

At this point I'm getting almost all augments from the shrine too when I donate 75k. Welp, that's that. Just have to accept I'll never have it. I play Jacqui more now anyways.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
For those missing the Skarlet tower, at least they've put it in one now, so it'll likely pop up again at some point.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So now that Kombat League Season 1 is over, what did everyone think? I finished around 78-78, I reached Demigod, but losing 1 match for 100 points + point decay dropped me back down Grand Master.

I've got a couple gripes with it but overall, it was cool I guess. I don't dig the point decay, at all. I do hope that's removed next season, or at least extended from 2 days to 5. They also have to do something around matchmaking with shit connections.

Outside of that, if given a choice between KL2 and just regular rank with improved matchmaking, I'd stick with rank. I hate the pressure of chasing ranks, tiers, and skins. It's just extremely aggravating for me personally, to spend so much time working my way up a tier, only to lose 1 match and lose 100 points and be setback so much.

I got my Skarlet skin though, so I'm happy. I'll do some rank fights this week and when Season 2 starts up, I think I'll take another break for a week or 2 to let the rankings sort out.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I didn't start until about 7 days from the end and was only playing a little over 5 matches most days so I didn't get very far. I think I made it to the second skin. I'm kind of waiting for either a balance patch or Nightwolf to start playing more again. Can't find a character I enjoy more than Kotal atm

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So now that Kombat League Season 1 is over, what did everyone think? I finished around 78-78, I reached Demigod, but losing 1 match for 100 points + point decay dropped me back down Grand Master.

I've got a couple gripes with it but overall, it was cool I guess. I don't dig the point decay, at all. I do hope that's removed next season, or at least extended from 2 days to 5. They also have to do something around matchmaking with shit connections.

Outside of that, if given a choice between KL2 and just regular rank with improved matchmaking, I'd stick with rank. I hate the pressure of chasing ranks, tiers, and skins. It's just extremely aggravating for me personally, to spend so much time working my way up a tier, only to lose 1 match and lose 100 points and be setback so much.

I got my Skarlet skin though, so I'm happy. I'll do some rank fights this week and when Season 2 starts up, I think I'll take another break for a week or 2 to let the rankings sort out.

I agree with the bolded. I made it to Grand Master, I don't remember my record but it was somewhere close to yours. I'm not a fan of the point decay, got dropped to Master because of it. I hate how the match making works. Not a fan of how much you can lose regarding points in a match vs how much you might gain. There were matches I could not back out on and it was like -50 if I loss and +20 if I won. Shit like that annoyed me. And holy hell is the ping ridiculous at times [PC player here].

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I ended up with a record of 103-91 and I was half way to God rank. Quite satisfied with my performance, especially towards the end. I never thought I'd reach Demi-God and here I was blazing a trail straight to God.

Things I would change:
Point decay absolutely sucks. It punishes players who can't play almost every day and that's a shitty thing to do. Get rid of it.

It should be easier to decline wifi opponents. I'm not saying let us decline every single one, but instead of the ping threshhold being 150ms for all maybe have wifi be 100ms.

Fix wins/losses due to connection disruption. Ya know, if you disconnect, regardless of how it happened, you should eat that loss and the opponent gets the win. If your connection sucks and you're always disconnecting, maybe your setup just isn't cut out for Kombat League. Sure I'd be mad if my power goes out and I get punished for something out of my control, but there are people straight up abusing this. Fix it.

If the opponent quits, turn them into babies. Then have their baby selves in the intro for the next match and don't allow them to skip it. I'm surprised they didn't do this considering they promote trolling in the game, ex: teabagging to perform Mercy.

I guess this isn't Kombat League specific but give me a random option for my skins every time I choose my character. Like a little toggle in the kustomization screen or something. Or even better, let me select a bunch of skins that are my favorites and then choose a random one out of that pool for me.

Let me mute opponents. I know I can create a private party to block all voice chat but sometimes I forget and I end up listening to a guy and his wife discussing what they're going to have for dinner for the entire match. Good times.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Let me mute opponents. I know I can create a private party to block all voice chat but sometimes I forget and I end up listening to a guy and his wife discussing what they're going to have for dinner for the entire match. Good times.
I'm pretty torn on this. On on side, I played a super laggy scorpion who was singing to hiimself....I was tilted af. On the other side, I had some guy tell me I only won because I was lucky and then during the next round, his mom called and he was busy lying about doing his homework which made me about die laughing.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

I came to Kombat League late (as I've been playing the Division 2), and ended with a 17-4 record (one loss was a weird hard crash of my console), but my suggestions would be the same they were a few days back:
  1. remove point decay. Punishment is not a fun way to encourage engagement, rewards are. It doesn't have to be skins/gear for playing daily, it can be as simple an incentive as "you don't lose points on the first three matches of the day." It'd be small enough impact that it wouldn't cause imbalance to the overall ranks (if you lose your matches, you aren't going to be arbitrarily flying up the tower, which is pretty steep as is), but enough incentive to get people hopping online and playing more without worry. And after that "just one more match" syndrome can kick in.
  2. there needs to be a way to choose to not match with players with a ping over x, or to not match with players on wifi. Give players the ability to choose to match quickly with a huge player pool, or to only match with players who have a small change of lagging into frustrating situations.
  3. every match disconnection should result in a loss.
  4. there needs to be more rewards for playing outside of the Kombat League specific rewards (the daily reward + seasonal skins/souls/augments). End of match rewards in koins, random chances at gear/skins/augments etc. so that time investment in Kombat League yields similar results to time investment in towers. A 30 minute tower comprising 13 opponents usually nets a skin, a piece of gear, an icon, some koins, augment, soul. Why not just have weighted rotation of rewards so players can earn shit while playing ranked/Kombat League.
  5. there really should be a way to choose loadouts on the select screen. I main Sub-Zero competitively, and it sucks to basically be locked to one skin as the default.
  6. again, quitalities should be collapsed with babalities. Have your opponent turn into a crying baby when they quit and have that model carry over to the intro of their next fight.
But yeah, I'm liking this as a first step for NRS games. That said, I hope they iterate on it with MK11, not just waiting until the next game.

(EternalWinter, great minds think alike?)

Last edited:

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Ehhh one question guys. I have a skin for Kold War Skarlet that I didn't realise I had till today. Does this game have the whole SFV system of tying a CFN style account to your PSN or am I safe using it on my secondary PSN and then getting the skin on my main? (Code and disc are different region from my main account)