• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Didn't see it in the patch notes: in group boss towers you are now locked to Theatre mode when not active. Result? Teammates actually use their assists now.

Kano tower up now.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
As a scorpion player, I don't mind that hell teleport change. Didn't even know people were annoyed by it, until I just saw many Facebook comments. After hundreds of hours in ranked, I never had problems against other scorpion players (like thinking something was unfair or annoying). And that move was always pretty easy to block and punish very hard.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a scorpion player, I don't mind that hell teleport change. Didn't even know people were annoyed by it, until I just saw many Facebook comments. After hundreds of hours in ranked, I never had problems against other scorpion players (like thinking something was unfair or annoying). And that move was always pretty easy to block and punish very hard.
I think most people just get annoyed when people spam the hell port. It's definitely annoying but only bad scorpion players abuse it. I still think scorpion is the safest character in the game (easy combos, not very punishable, 40% 2 bar combos, etc) but he is fun to play against when you get an actual good scorpion player.

My big complaint on scorpion is how easy his krushing blows are.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
While he didn't get any changes, nerfs to other top tier characters may end up changing his position on tier lists.

But yeah, variations/kustonization still seems really underused based on how it was a central prt of the game's marketing identity, leaving us with less options to customize than MKX in competitive.
I just want a Sub-Zero tournament build that lets me have enhanced ice-ball and ice slide. C'mon Boon

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think Cetrion is the best in the game now?
She is certainly the best zoner now (RIP Zoneya).

I hope for the next patch (since it wasn't addressed on this one) that we get a fatality count for each character in the Krypt. Say you walk up to their shrine to place the head and if you can't it will tell you how many you currently have or how many more fatalities you need to get the head.

I seriously feel like I've fatalied Cetrion 100 times and have nothing.

Last edited:

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I finally got Cetrion's head for the krypt last night and was able to open that gate and run around opening new chests like a crazy person for five minutes before hitting a dead end again. Now I need to get the rest of the heads, which have started to trickle in fairly regularly now, so hopefully it won't take too long.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Went 2-2 in that ESL online MK tournament. No theme for me. It's my fault though since I hadn't played in months and was omega rusty.
Well, you have multiple chances to get the theme. There are weekly tournaments for the 2 month season. Just try in another.
There's only 4 Stage 2 tournaments tho, so you only have 4 chances for some in game currency.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
She is better than she was but still hard to play. Low damage and execution heavy character.
Hard disagree on low damage. What do you mean? All of her conversions with 1 bar hurt a lot, she has a reliable AA special whose KB does a lot (and can lead to a 50%+ combo with FB), and now Arachnophobia does good damage with Widow's Kiss conversions because of its startup buff. Not to mention the most dangerous KB throw in the entire game with that variation.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

If you played Scorpion you had access to the tool that let you avoid having to play neutral too, so I wouldn't have expected anyone using him to find it unfair.

Oct 27, 2017
So im not exactly sure how the new HDR settings are supposed to work.....under display you can now choose one of three different HDR types. Standard, professional and i forgot the other one. For each one, the wording says "Adjust brightness up to 4000 NITS", but i don't really see a difference with any of them, game looks the same to me, which is still great.

Has anyone messed with this setting at all and can shed any info? My tv is a Bravia X950G if that matters.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is Shao Kahn actually usable now?
What level of player are you? The truth is that every single character is usable unless you are playing at a very, very, very competitive level.

Before the patch, Ketchup and Mustard had him as B+ level along with Kano and Johnny Cage. The patch nerfed some of the best charactesr in the game (thus buffing him) and also gave him:
- more health
- faster recovery on Krushing Blows allowing for new combos
- more damage to spear
- better recovery on amplified shoulder charge, dark priest (can now do after a combo), ridicule/humiliate (though both still very punishable)
- quicker startup and more hitstun on a bunch of combos

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
If you get in top 10% do you need to maintain that until Wednesday or whichever day it ends? I won't have time on the weekend to grind towers, but right now I'm top 8% or so.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017

Agreed. I use Scorpion too and play him mostly in neutral and 50/50 set ups. I'll only use teleport if I have an opening vs someone trying to zone me.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Trying the ps4 tournament for the first time. First opponent is a no-show, and I've been waiting for over 10 minutes :/

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
That was strange. Haven't played MK in around a few weeks (even then was the first time in a month) and I won a set against a guy in KL and he quit. Didn't leave, just refused to fight back. Once the second set started I attacked him and he didn't react so I assumed he afk'd and stopped. He spammed duck and moved around so I just spent the next round and a half jumping over him and he did the same. I'm confused.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I really hate this game right now. My online experience is so uneven.

And it seems the load times are super long tonight in the online modes.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Won my second and third matches on the ps4 esl tournament, but in both matches my opponents connected at the very last second before getting DQed. Is this a thing? Are they hoping I disconnect before the 10 minutes are up?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Man wish I switched to krushing blow button held ON sooner. Performing much better now that I ain't wasting them.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My Kombat League experience so far is people ragequitting after one round or not moving at all and just letting me pummel them. Online is a mess lmao.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If you're winning handily enough that they are rage quitting first round or giving up, you should be moving up the ranks quickly. That should theoretically happen less when you start playing players at your level?
Possibly, I would hope so, but I wont find out since I dont have huge aspirations when it comes to this mode and already got what I wanted secured in terms of rewards.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
There's a tower with Nightwolf gear, skin, and a taunt up now for the next three hours.

Why isn't this character out already? People already paid for him.