• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
A tiny bit disappointed there isn't a "no gear" option for his head.

They took the time to model his whole hair (that you can see during fatal blows and krushing blows"), so it wouldn't have taken them much time to give the option.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not digging Nightwolf's Matoka Warrior variant, so far I'm leaning towards the Ancestral Gift variation.

Edit: although I can definitely see Matoka being great for kombos as I just accidentally did something cool

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason I am not able to see or play as Nightwolf? I have the pass. Xbox here.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Anyone got a re-up of the KLIV picture?

chaos0.png

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Got on to try nightwolf after not playing in months, he's still not out for Xbox people but holy shit Shang Tsung is fun to play.

Went 1-3 in kombat league tho, feels bad man. At least I went 4-0 in casual.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I fought a lag switcher today in Kombat League every time I'd start hitting him I'd lag and every time he started hitting me there was no lag what a loser.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Nightwolf is pretty awesome. I'm terrible at him but I see the potential for some crazy stuff from talented players.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
is this how to tell? happened several times to me and ive got a fast wired connection

Yup anytime you fight someone and you start gaining the upper hand and it lags super hard for a few seconds and the suddenly they tag you and it's not lagging it's probably a lag switcher. What's weird though is I never ran into them on XBL on Injustice 2 but here I fought a couple back to back.

MattXIII

Oct 28, 2017
Almost raged hard last-night, the Nightwolf update somehow caused the game to crash to the PS4 menu while things were saving.
My save got corrupted (All maskless gear unlocked, most character towers clear etc)

Thank goodness for cloud saves and automatic uploading - would have dropped the game there and then If i had to start from LVL 1 again.

Nightwolf seem pretty straight forward so far, one of the more simple characters. Nice beefy damage

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Just got the game a couple of days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. Feels very slow and a bit unresponsive at first, but I'm getting used to it and enjoying it more and more. It's more methodical than X and I actually like that.
Also, the amount of single player content (and content overall) for this game is insane. NRS really are unmatched when it comes to this.

I have some quick questions regarding the variations if anyone can answer me though!

From what I understand, there are only 2 variations per character that are available for ranked play, correct?
So this basically means that if I want to practice for ranked (be it in single player or casual matches) I should always use only these 2 variations right?

Will NRS ever change these variations or add more to competitive play?

The custom variations seem so fun to try out and explore, but I always feel like I shouldn't use them or get used to them since it won't be good practice for when I play in ranked. Am I alone in this? :(

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Just got the game a couple of days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. Feels very slow and a bit unresponsive at first, but I'm getting used to it and enjoying it more and more. It's more methodical than X and I actually like that.
Also, the amount of single player content (and content overall) for this game is insane. NRS really are unmatched when it comes to this.

I have some quick questions regarding the variations if anyone can answer me though!

From what I understand, there are only 2 variations per character that are available for ranked play, correct?
So this basically means that if I want to practice for ranked (be it in single player or casual matches) I should always use only these 2 variations right?

Will NRS ever change these variations or add more to competitive play?

The custom variations seem so fun to try out and explore, but I always feel like I shouldn't use them or get used to them since it won't be good practice for when I play in ranked. Am I alone in this? :(

It does suck that there's a lot of cool moves that are locked out of komp and ranked modes, agreed.

But yes, if you're going to practice for ranked, komp, or kombat league, you should definitely only use the two tournament variations.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Also, ensure that you've created the tournament modes or in practice change to the tournament variations because the two you see by default are not them.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also turn off release check in the options. That will make things feel a bit more responsive.
I 2nd this 100%.

I was whiffing on combos all day until I turned this off, now I can perform mid-corner combos with ease.

Nightwolf feels pretty awesome. I will say I think he's going to get a bit of a nerf next patch though. He seems to have no real weakness and has a counter for virtually everything. One of my favorite characters to play right now, though.

Speaking of; how many players do you "main"? I can count 4 with Nightwolf being the 5th.

1. Jade
2. Shang
3. Baraka
4. Noob
5. Nightwolf

I just recently picked up Baraka and he is so much fun. His tournament variations are kind of lacking but he does big damage and is a great pressure character.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I hesitate to call any character my main because I'm bad at fighting games and feel plenty a sense of accomplishment when I string together a few of the basic ass combos listed on the move list against the AI, so I mostly just play my favorite characters without regard for how good they are at anything.

That said, Kitana (who needs some love from the devs), Jade, Scorpion, Sub, Skarlet, and now Nightwolf are my regulars.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So is Nightwolf out for Xbox now?
Yeah. Go to "Manage Game & Add-ons" and Nightwolf, the Klassic fighters pack and the Sonya skin should all be there. I think it showed up very late last night or very early this am.

Got his tutorial skin (revenant, very quick to get), his Tower skins, and messed around a little with him this am. This update has me thinking...it's really frustrating that skins are tied to loadouts, and that we only get one default in Ranked/Kombat League. There's so many good options now for characters, I really wish it just went "choose variation > choose skin" to change things up.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Spent a lot of time with both of Nightwolf's variations this morning.

I'm now coming around to the Matoka variation, I do think it's his best at the moment. Mainly just due to the kombos and his buff.

Ancestral Gift just seems, I don't know, pointless? He has a command grab that you can't really kombo into it, and he loses his buff and kombo damage. It does have some nice mixups but it's a struggle

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I 2nd this 100%.

I was whiffing on combos all day until I turned this off, now I can perform mid-corner combos with ease.

Nightwolf feels pretty awesome. I will say I think he's going to get a bit of a nerf next patch though. He seems to have no real weakness and has a counter for virtually everything. One of my favorite characters to play right now, though.

Speaking of; how many players do you "main"? I can count 4 with Nightwolf being the 5th.

1. Jade
2. Shang
3. Baraka
4. Noob
5. Nightwolf

I just recently picked up Baraka and he is so much fun. His tournament variations are kind of lacking but he does big damage and is a great pressure character.

1. Johnny (my fav character in the game right now)
2. Sonya (I know, I know...)
3. Baraka (solid utility player)
4. Kabal (very underrated character)
5. Geras (New Era variation)

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Thank you all for the tips! I do hope NRS is thinking of adding at least one more variation per character for ranked!

I would be shocked if that were to happen. More likely we'll see continued refinements to the current variations we have. MKX was 3 variations. MK11 is two. Maybe 12 will take us back to 1 lol.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
NIghtwolf's bear necessities fatality is probably one of my favorites in the game and his outro win pose where he screams at the moon is probably the best in the game, kudos to NRS for a great job on NIghtwolf.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did Baraka get a ton of buffs or are people just moving to him since Scorpion got nerfed.

Getting dunked on by him is just reminding me how fun he was in the beta and I should probably pick him up again

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
For what it's worth, Sonicfox claiming that Nightwolf is a Top 5 character after a 1/2 day of playing him.

Obvious sonic fox is on another level but man as a newer player I'm struggling with him

NIghtwolf's bear necessities fatality is probably one of my favorites in the game and his outro win pose where he screams at the moon is probably the best in the game, kudos to NRS for a great job on NIghtwolf.

Agreed that stuff rules

Oct 26, 2017
Did Baraka get a ton of buffs or are people just moving to him since Scorpion got nerfed.

Getting dunked on by him is just reminding me how fun he was in the beta and I should probably pick him up again

The latter. Baraka was a great character from the start, now people realize it when they can no longer pick Scorpion and say "fuck neutral".