• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Johnny Cage have a really OP augment that really helps in the towers for these tag battles? Anyone know what it's called?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
They've addressed pretty much all the gripes people had at launch. There's still randomness in the krypt chests but honestly at this point it's such a non-thing it's not worth griping about. I'm a fairly casual player and I have millions of koins and thousands of souls and hearts. I've also got most of the spiked heads by now.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Also, the tower update in the last patch where you can get skins and gear from the last tower in the set is a huge positive change.
Shame this wasn't there in the start.

At this point I want them to open up the in-game store to more stuff or let people use those krystals to buy the weekly tower challenge skins rewards, even if they cost more. I'm at the point where I have a ton of krystals, and they're pretty much useless. Haven't spent a single one, but would do so now just to skip that weekly grind or pick up the first couple weeks I missed.

The krystals are really only good for buying stuff you would otherwise get in the character-specific towers. But you want to do those anyway because they're loaded with stuff like intros/outros and brutalities.

Such a weird system.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Well the article says that the voice actor did two previous games (one from 1991) and he apparently sounds pretty close. Just a bit of a bummer, but I agree I'd rather have his facial model with a close voice actor than his real voice and just the endo.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Also, the tower update in the last patch where you can get skins and gear from the last tower in the set is a huge positive change.
Shame this wasn't there in the start.

At this point I want them to open up the in-game store to more stuff or let people use those krystals to buy the weekly tower challenge skins rewards, even if they cost more. I'm at the point where I have a ton of krystals, and they're pretty much useless. Haven't spent a single one, but would do so now just to skip that weekly grind or pick up the first couple weeks I missed.

The krystals are really only good for buying stuff you would otherwise get in the character-specific towers. But you want to do those anyway because they're loaded with stuff like intros/outros and brutalities.

Such a weird system.

It really seems like Netherrealm was told "put micro transactions in" and they made a good faith effort to make them as needless and arbitrary to the player as possible, which I can respect. I do think at this point they could probably attach a krystal price to everything in the game and let people pick and choose if they want. I feel like I have more skins than I know what to do with at this point, but there are still people out there who want to be able to unlock everything without ever actually playing the game I guess so why not let them.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I have the Johnny Cage announcer enabled. It's really fun. I hope they do a couple more announcers during the life of the game. Maybe Milenna to throw salt in wounds, hehe.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You know what ?

The Ash debacle has taken my ability to laugh at Mileena stans and I think I can never forgive NRS for that.

=(

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
You know what ?

The Ash debacle has taken my ability to laugh at Mileena stans and I think I can never forgive NRS for that.

=(
He's probably just moved to Kombat Pack 2. I know Joker is lame, but it's probably because of the movie coming out this year. It doesn't change the fact that there are still 3 characters left from the leak and KP1 was only 6 in the first place so I think it's safe to assume KP2 will get 6 as well.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
3cbbt81ufti31.jpg

He's... Beautiful.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
rP69Onp.jpg

Holy shit, I know it was rumored from that one press release but I'm so glad to have confirmation. This is going to be amazing.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
The Mortal Kombat FB group I belong to somebody said there's a tower up right now that has Scorpion''s Miho mask as a reward on Nintendo Switch. About 45 minutes left on it. I don't know about other consoles/PC. I'm at work right now so I can't check either.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
rP69Onp.jpg

Holy shit, I know it was rumored from that one press release but I'm so glad to have confirmation. This is going to be amazing.
And I'm 100% sold.

Sucks we didn't get Arnold's real voice, but Keith David returning as Spawn MORE than makes up for it.

That man could read me the phone book and make it the coolest sounding damn thing on the planet.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kombat League Season III starts today, rewards:
dgdpoguna0j31.jpg

Not sure about the challenges, except complete them all and you'll get a Kitana skin.

So glad Jade is the first skin.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Glad there's nothing tempting in those rewards. I'm trying to get through Alien: Isolation so I probably won't be playing too much of this season. Might end up in Champion rank like last season.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there brutalities tied to Kombat League? How did I miss this?
I didn't play season 1 so I can't comment on that but for season 2 there was a Jade brutality and a Cassie brutality.

This season it's a Skarlet brutality and a Frost brutality. They are tied to season challenges, I think one is 25 grabs and the other is complete 5 sets a day for 5 days.

Oct 27, 2017
I was on a Tekken kick for a minute but I think I'm ready to dive back in to MK11 and bring my Nightwolf online...of course I'll probably lose a lot and just bring my Sub-Zero back into the mix haha.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I didn't play season 1 so I can't comment on that but for season 2 there was a Jade brutality and a Cassie brutality.

This season it's a Skarlet brutality and a Frost brutality. They are tied to season challenges, I think one is 25 grabs and the other is complete 5 sets a day for 5 days.
Thanks for this! I'll make sure to put the work in. Are these exclusive Brutalities? Or just shortcuts to earn them if you haven't already