• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I may have lost but you're worse than I am, I would've won if you weren't so bad.
10402dce-e738-4bdc-90ba-fd4005c2c9a8_text_hi.gif

Oct 27, 2017
How does everyone feel about switching characters during a ranked set? I saw someone complaining about it on the subreddit but people do it during tournament so I don't see why it would be a problem in an online ranked set that means less...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Switching characters is fine. I can do it just as freely as they can after a loss so I don't see why this is such a big deal.

Probably just people who can't deal with a particular character getting salty.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm ok with counter-picking, I'd do the same thing if I knew any other character outside of Skarlet.

There's always someone that ends up picking Jade and it's such an uphill battle. One of the reasons why I'm trying to pick up Nightwolf. I haven't tried it in practice but with his reflect, I figure it might be a decent counter to Jade.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
BE ADVISED: Kombat League is NOT SAFE currently. There is an in-game exploit going around that can cause you to be stuck at the results screen after the first match if you win and your opponent wants to be an asshat. I'm currently stuck there now. The only way out of it is to restart the game, but that will cause you to take the loss and possibly lose points. Apparently, this has always been a thing, but it's spreading. The cat's out of the bag now. Be careful out there.

Oct 27, 2017
BE ADVISED: Kombat League is NOT SAFE currently. There is an in-game exploit going around that can cause you to be stuck at the results screen after the first match if you win and your opponent wants to be an asshat. I'm currently stuck there now. The only way out of it is to restart the game, but that will cause you to take the loss and possibly lose points. Apparently, this has always been a thing, but it's spreading. The cat's out of the bag now. Be careful out there.

There's always something with this game huh.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does everyone feel about switching characters during a ranked set? I saw someone complaining about it on the subreddit but people do it during tournament so I don't see why it would be a problem in an online ranked set that means less...
Switching characters is fine, ultimately the goal is to win, right?

Honestly, the subreddit is just filled with a lot of people complaining about people not playing "the right way" because they don't adhere to these made up rules that the user has developed in their head. Don't sweat it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Do what you have to in order to win.

OH AWESOME, tells how to do it right there in the thread and everything. Hopefully NRS fixes that shit quick

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Got some idiot sitting at the Fofeit screen doing the hold the game hostage and see if they quit exploit after I won the first game. We're in the range where you don't lose points for a loss too. So dumb.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the forfeit glitch hasn't been fixed yet? Every day I log in to MK11 I worry that I'll get hit with some asshole who can't take a loss...

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Lately I have been getting upset playing this game, this is my first MK and I think I am actually doing very good for myself, so far I have a 25/9 record on the latest league, but despite loving this game to hell when I was first learning how to play there are some design decisions that that really hinder my experience, first the damn Super or whatever it is called in this game, I swear more than half of my losses are because my opponent does their super out of nowhere, no combo, no anti air or reversal, just casually do it in neutral, to make matters worse I can rarely punish them for it. Also everything feels reaaaallly safe, playing against a really patient player drains me to no end. Finally the crouching pokes are super wack, not sure how to elaborate further on that.

So yeah I will probably take a huuuge break from this game, at least until they delete Liu Kang or something. I still love how the game plays for the most part, really pleased with my first MK experience (I play Skarlet and Lao)

Oct 27, 2017
Got bodied pretty hard today, pretty sure I lost every set I played lol. Kept choking and not being able to finish out my opponents. #feelsbadman

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I see. Had an opponent just do that to me for the first time, after acting like the usual asshat on voice chat and saying, "Watch this, you ain't getting any points from me [...]."

It's astounding that for the fighting game with the best online out there, it offers the most obnoxious playerbase and overall experience in terms of people being unpleasant of them all.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I see. Had an opponent just do that to me for the first time, after acting like the usual asshat on voice chat and saying, "Watch this, you ain't getting any points from me [...]."

It's astounding that for the fighting game with the best online out there, it offers the most obnoxious playerbase and overall experience in terms of people being unpleasant of them all.
Make a private party with just yourself and you won't have to hear anyone.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Make a private party with just yourself and you won't have to hear anyone.
Not just that, but everything. The amount of people who rage quit, who relentlessly teabag, who waste your time intentionally on the "Finish HIm" screen, who talk smack in chat, who send impolite messages after a fight, who use exploits like this Forfeit one to just make others miserable. This is the only fighting game I've played where multiple people would go so far as to DDoS the opponent. It's insane. Mortal Kombat has a real playerbase problem.

And it pervades all levels of play, as opposed to some other games where you'd mainly see this behavior in lower levels but escape it as you'd get higher up. You see tweets promoted by people like Ed Boon with the two players just teabagging each other, and you understand why NRS communities can get to this point.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I have completely dropped the game.

I am kind of shocked because I really liked it and thought it was a great base.

Sadly a combination of too little too late and the fact both my main character didn't get much and my most looked forward DLC got cancelled kind of killed my mood entirely.

I'll be back for Terminator and hopefully another balance patch. (Can't possibly take them 92 years to see that maybe if Liu Kang has 41 krushing blows he can land consistently every match, maybe other characters should have a couple of them and not just one situational one they gave us out of pity in the last patch ^_^)

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Not just that, but everything. The amount of people who rage quit, who relentlessly teabag, who waste your time intentionally on the "Finish HIm" screen, who talk smack in chat, who send impolite messages after a fight, who use exploits like this Forfeit one to just make others miserable. This is the only fighting game I've played where multiple people would go so far as to DDoS the opponent. It's insane. Mortal Kombat has a real playerbase problem.

And it pervades all levels of play, as opposed to some other games where you'd mainly see this behavior in lower levels but escape it as you'd get higher up. You see tweets promoted by people like Ed Boon with the two players just teabagging each other, and you understand why NRS communities can get to this point.

This is all true.
However, I will say if you give players the freedom to mess around after a match is over, it leads to a lot of obnoxious stuff and people getting upset creating a bit of a cycle. KI had this problem, though not to the same extetnt. Fortunately, most fighters take control away after you win, because if they didn't people would abuse the freedom there too. MK seems the worst because of the size of the playerbase. NRS also contributes to it themselves (things like teabagging trophies).

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
That forfeit thing is something else. It's frustrating that this is the best MK we've had and everything just pushes me away from wanting to play it. Well, at this point it's mainly the player base to be honest, that coupled with the point decay, and general random fuckery of the KL point system.

Oct 27, 2017
That forfeit thing is something else. It's frustrating that this is the best MK we've had and everything just pushes me away from wanting to play it. Well, at this point it's mainly the player base to be honest, that coupled with the point decay, and general random fuckery of the KL point system.

There are so many things that the game does right, but every time there's something else in the game that rears its ugly head and pushes me away. Point decay has to be one of the worst design choices ever.

Ube

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

this happened to me the other day.

dude had some crazy win record (something like 40/5 and had a 80% chance win rate). won against him in straight rounds but the game soft locked when he left the cursor on "forfeit match" and ran out the timer. pretty fucking petty.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Krypt event -- Shang Tsung's throne room.

Shao Kahn skin and helmet.

So if you haven't opened up the throne room yet I'm assuming you can't get the vault.

I have 660 fatalities performed and only 6 heads. So I think I'm going to have to grind. Ugh.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
I just really started playing KL, I'd say I'm a jade main.
I cannot STAND fighting against noob. Any tips to counter that teleport move?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I only need four more heads to finish them. Jade, Jax, Kung Lao, and Kollector. Hopefully the new Krypt event is in the first two rooms of the throne room, otherwise I'm going to do some frantic fatality grinding.