• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So if I'm at Champion, will I still get the Kung Lao skin even if I drop in rank before the end of the season? Or do I need to keep playing until the end of the season so I stay in that bracket?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm at Champion, will I still get the Kung Lao skin even if I drop in rank before the end of the season? Or do I need to keep playing until the end of the season so I stay in that bracket?

Fwiw, the highest row and associated skin stay highlighted once you reach it, indicating its yours, and only the little ribbon icon drops if you rank down.

Oct 27, 2017
Fwiw, the highest row and associated skin stay highlighted once you reach it, indicating its yours, and only the little ribbon icon drops if you rank down.

Hm so I just need to play a set every 3 days to prevent point decay and get the little Champion ribbon at the end of the season? Kinda unfortunate that the skin I want most is Liu Kang but that's the hardest one to attain lol.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Hm so I just need to play a set every 3 days to prevent point decay and get the little Champion ribbon at the end of the season? Kinda unfortunate that the skin I want most is Liu Kang but that's the hardest one to attain lol.

Oh, I don't know about those two things at the bottom, I was just referring to the visual indicator ribbon on the left.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did the grind yesterday and ended up with 11 severed heads to open up the throne room.

I hate the fact that I feel the necessity to collect EVERYTHING in this game... even for characters I rarely or never use.

21/9 in KL though, which is nice. For some reason I still struggle with Scorpion, I think 7 of my 9 losses are from him. His mixup game is strong. I also notice I play tentatively against him and allow him to dictate the tempo of the fight. I've used Jade exclusively this season (I'm not a zoner) and I play pressure and have been doing really well. I just get a little nervous against Scorpion.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Stop what you're doing and go here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/476453639. Go to about the 5 hour mark where the ninja killa/semij match begins and watch until the end. Buckle up and prepare for the most entertaining MK11 content you'll ever see.

Knew before clicking you were referring to Destroyers stream lol, dude is hilarious and yes that was nuts.

So D'vorah is really interesting, gonna lab her.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Knew before clicking you were referring to Destroyers stream lol, dude is hilarious and yes that was nuts.

So D'vorah is really interesting, gonna lab her.
Sonic was also using Dvorah in the Celtic Throwdown tournament this past week. He never changed characters once and made it to the finals (before ending up 2nd). While most of the pros watching agreed that it was because Sonic is great, not the character, still a lot there to chew on if you're picking her up!

Mustard's updated tier list has her as an A+ character (behind Liu Kang, Cetrion, Gears, Sonya, Nightwolf, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Erron Black, Shang Tsung and Baraka, but above characters like Noob, Jax, Kabal, Kung Lao, Sub-Zero, etc.)

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I enjoyed watching Sonic use her in CT. I'm actually watching his 1 hour guide for the character right now as it happens.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Happy that I can get some reading done while playing MK11 but Netherrealm needs to fix this shit lol

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Glad I got my 15 matches in last week for the Skarlet brutality. This crap is why I avoid online like the plague. People are the worst.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I outlasted that Rumpuppy222 fucker. I don't know when he quit out because my PS4 just shut itself off because of power saving settings, though.

Yeah, I don't think I'm touching KL again until this is fixed. The mode's fundamentally flawed now.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Good I'm glad you got that W. Man how sad you gotta be to do this to other players.

I ain't touching it either until the patch.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I actually haven't encountered anyone using the forfeit glitch yet, hopefully I can do my five daily sets without a problem tomorrow and get the Kitana skin and call it good on Kombat League for the season.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
How many days are left in the season? I haven't touched in awhile since I've been trying to get through Alien: Isolation

Now with this forfeit I'm just gonna keep avoiding it until it (hopefully) gets fixed in time for season 3

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How many days are left in the season? I haven't touched in awhile since I've been trying to get through Alien: Isolation

Now with this forfeit I'm just gonna keep avoiding it until it (hopefully) gets fixed in time for season 3
It's a mess. People are assholes on chat. People are assholes on the "Finish Him" screen. People are assholes on the results screen and abuse the Forfeit exploit. People are assholes and will DDoS your network if they lose.

At the 24:30 mark on this VoD, Sajam talks about how he experienced this against a player on PC, where he won the second game and then they DDoS'd him and didn't have internet for 20 minutes, as he had to contact his ISP. I also experienced this a couple of days ago.

It's real, and it's widespread. NRS addressed this in their Discord server 1.5 months ago or something, but the problem is still there, and the NRS online community is still like it is. I'd avoid KL completely.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Despite loving the core gameplay I literally have no desire to return to this game. This coming from someone who played MKX every day since it came out up to 11.

Don't know why. Maybe it's the knowledge that the DLC is just SO FAR AWAY from being finished or the lack of continual updates / communications.

Very odd situation since this was the best selling MK.

I better grind out for the Kitana skin in case I return but after that I don't know...... 😒

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
It's a mess. People are assholes on chat. People are assholes on the "Finish Him" screen. People are assholes on the results screen and abuse the Forfeit exploit. People are assholes and will DDoS your network if they lose.

At the 24:30 mark on this VoD, Sajam talks about how he experienced this against a player on PC, where he won the second game and then they DDoS'd him and didn't have internet for 20 minutes, as he had to contact his ISP. I also experienced this a couple of days ago.

It's real, and it's widespread. NRS addressed this in their Discord server 1.5 months ago or something, but the problem is still there, and the NRS online community is still like it is. I'd avoid KL completely.

ooof

Guess I'll steer clear of it for the time being. I was already getting annoyed by mic users, teabaggers, and "Finish Him" shenanigans.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm finally done collecting Krypt heads.

Now to wait and see if they ever add anything else to the Krypt.

Oct 27, 2017
Got the Kitana skin. I think I'm done with this season of Kombat League, there's no way I'm getting the Liu Kang skin so I might as well stop here. Gonna be practicing Tekken once Season 3 hits anyways.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Can they just release one big bundle to allow us to buy all the skins and stuff at once? I enjoy a good grind sometimes but its really hard to find time with my work hours.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Yeah, game says they already started...not sure since I still see the usual towers. Hopefully will be up for 48 hours (event last 2 days) and static towers. I work 3PM till 1AM EST every day. So I can't catch them if they rotate.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
More info. Boss tags every hour on the hour, brutalities, gear/skins etc.
Kombat Kast looks like it's about KL Season 3 more so than about any reveals.

EEC-In7XoAAklGY

Oct 27, 2017

1: Frost & Noob Saibot
Frost: Mask - Metal Festishist (maskless) // Skin - True Sub-Zero
Noob Saibot: Mask - Hunan // Skin – Creeping Fear

2: Jacqui & Jax
Jacqui: Shield battery - Technoshunt // Skin - Causal Loop
Jax: Arms - Kronika's Chosen // Skin - Kronika's Recruit

3: Liu Kang & Kung Lao
Liu Kang: Bracers - Growling Tiger Strike // Skin - Midnight Blue
Kung Lao: Hat - Wu Shu Master // Skin - Flaming Fury

4: Kitana & Jade
Kitana: Mask - Poise and Power (maskless) // Skin - Kobalt
Jade: Mask - Possessed by the Past (maskless) // Skin - Arcadian

5: Skarlet & Shao Kahn
Skarlet: Mask - Ancient Blood Magic (maskless) // Skin - Blood Pixie
Shao Kahn: Helmet: Destroyer of worlds // Skin - Kombat Charge

6: Kano & Kabal
Kano: Eye Shield - kill.u.tonight // Skin - Made Man
Kabal: Mask - Man of the Sand (maskless) // Skin - Working Man

7: Scorpion & Sub-Zero
Scorpion: Mask - Visage of Netherrealm Wrath (maskless) // Skin - Screaming Demon
Sub Zero: Mask - Vrbada's Vapors (maskless) // Skin - Tundra

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
You probably already have those items then, or maybe you're playing on PC?
Nah, xbox. I press the button to switch to "Brutal Difficulty" and the rewards don't change at all. Still just the same three items. Maybe I already have 'em, you're right, but for some reason, I thought they'd still show up with little check marks next to them (or just swap in a random konsumable or something).