• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Wow, I feel so appreciated. Only up for 7 hours (original promo said 2 days, but turns out is 7 hours for the gear and 24 hours of Brutalities tomorrow) ...and the hours I'm at work. Fuck!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Maskless Jade and Maskless Kitana tower up for another 45-ish minutes.

Looks like you were right...the latest gave me a fan and a staff on Brutal difficulty.

Oh wow I just got it , 5 minutes before it ended !

Thanks

Only missing Scorpion's I think I bought Skarlet's and kitana, now got Jade, got Sonya's with the kombat pack.

edit :

skarlet up !

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oh wow I just got it , 5 minutes before it ended !

Thanks

Only missing Scorpion's I think I bought Skarlet's and kitana, now got Jade, got Sonya's with the kombat pack.
Scorpion's is bundled tonight (with Sub Zero's and his rare Tundra skin). Here's the order:

Now (for 1 hour):
Skarlet & Shao Kahn Skarlet: Mask - Ancient Blood Magic (maskless) // Skin - Blood Pixie Shao Kahn: Helmet: Destroyer of worlds // Skin - Kombat Charge

In one hour (for 1 hour):
Kano & Kabal Kano: Eye Shield - kill.u.tonight // Skin - Made Man Kabal: Mask - Man of the Sand (maskless) // Skin - Working Man

In two hours (for 1 hour):
Scorpion & Sub-Zero Scorpion: Mask - Visage of Netherrealm Wrath (maskless) // Skin - Screaming Demon Sub Zero: Mask - Vrbada's Vapors (maskless) // Skin - Tundra

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion's is bundled tonight (with Sub Zero's and his rare Tundra skin). Here's the order:

Now (for 1 hour):
Skarlet & Shao Kahn Skarlet: Mask - Ancient Blood Magic (maskless) // Skin - Blood Pixie Shao Kahn: Helmet: Destroyer of worlds // Skin - Kombat Charge

In one hour (for 1 hour):
Kano & Kabal Kano: Eye Shield - kill.u.tonight // Skin - Made Man Kabal: Mask - Man of the Sand (maskless) // Skin - Working Man

In two hours (for 1 hour):
Scorpion & Sub-Zero Scorpion: Mask - Visage of Netherrealm Wrath (maskless) // Skin - Screaming Demon Sub Zero: Mask - Vrbada's Vapors (maskless) // Skin - Tundra

Alright thanks !

I got Sub from the "vegas" skin lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I can't believe I missed the Tundra skin :(
Weird thing about that...I did the tower last night. On Brutal even. Unlocked Maskless Scorpion and some other gear/skins. Went to equip Tundra this morning and...for whatever reason it is not unlocked. The rest of the unlocks are. Grrr.

Update: Looks like the wrong info got out and Tundra wasn't actually in the tower. It was another one.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If they are going to keep doing this events they should at least do them during a weekend or at least repeat it for 24 hours or so. I missed the last 3 hours due to work.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Speaking of limited time events...

With so many maskless events already done, wonder what this will be. Maybe Tundra Sub-Zero after the screw up? I'd love to see Nightwolf/Shang Tsung drops, since those characters have to play catch up in terms of unlockables big time.

Oct 27, 2017

Continuing Player Appreciation Week with Brutaliday! We'll be rotating different brutalities every 2hrs over the next 24hrs!

1: Nightwolf - Pure Guts
2: Jax - Broken Johnny - Do My Own Stunts Sonya - Kill Shot
3: Cassie - Got Yo Ass Beat
4: Raiden - Karma Liu Kang - Insert Koin Kung Lao - Stuck
5: Jade - Deadly Dance
6: Frost - Drill Deep Geras - Break Down Cetrion - Cannon Ball
7: D'vorah - Devoured
8: Kano - Head Case Kabal - Deadly Vapors Shao Kahn - Spoils of War
9: Centrion - Pinned
10: Scoprion - Stinger Sub-Zero - Big Leg Noob Saibot - Wow Out
11: Baraka - Thumbtack
12: Jacqui - Leg Day

PC Players, we are aware that you are not receiving the proper rewards. We are working on a fix and will have the Gear and Brutality towers run another week just for PC Players. Thank you for your patience!

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
You guys should be appreciative
76f8tgpd

Not at this hour lol

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I fucking wish Kombat League it Ranked modes would just cut out all the bullshit that takes time away from playing.

Meaning, skip finish him, skip the post match victory scenes, skip the progression, skip all that shit and just let me quickly rematch, switch characters, or find a new match.

It's not a huge deal but it's wearing on my patience.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I fucking wish Kombat League it Ranked modes would just cut out all the bullshit that takes time away from playing.

Meaning, skip finish him, skip the post match victory scenes, skip the progression, skip all that shit and just let me quickly rematch, switch characters, or find a new match.

It's not a huge deal but it's wearing on my patience.

I've always wanted this. Fatalities, outros, stats, etc. are cool for like a month or two. Once the novelty is gone then they're just annoying time wasters. Two months after each game is out they should patch so we can skip them.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

It'll be interesting to see if it gets addressed. For what it's worth, most of the pros on Twitter say that the timing is pretty strict, that most fighting games have option selects and that option selects just make top players start to focus on other parts of the game. But a couple are vocal about the game being better off without them. I seem to also remember reading that this isn't an unintended feature, and that UltraDavid had talked to Paolo from NRS about this years ago (apparently it's been a thing since MK4?).

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Is event #5 still active?

Edit: It is not active. I just confirmed. How can I get the klassic noob mask now? Someone has to know how to help me.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to see if it gets addressed. For what it's worth, most of the pros on Twitter say that the timing is pretty strict, that most fighting games have option selects and that option selects just make top players start to focus on other parts of the game. But a couple are vocal about the game being better off without them. I seem to also remember reading that this isn't an unintended feature, and that UltraDavid had talked to Paolo from NRS about this years ago (apparently it's been a thing since MK4?).

They definitely need to fix this as it fundamentally breaks the risk/reward design of their string system. Even if the timing is strict, it is probably not any harder than flawless block which is a legit game mechanic. This essentially becomes a system mechanic at that point, but something that negates the whole combo design concept, so that shouldn't fly. Them not patching it put would ruin the game, imo. That would be funny too considering them withholding customization for ranked due to potential balance issues.

Last edited:

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am a noob when it comes to fighting games and tried MKX at a friends this sunday.

Holy shit !! This game is not noob friendly. I only wanted to play campaign but the game is quite hard even on Easy. The button press seems to have their own rhythm also with lag included. You press too fast they seem to not work sometime.

Is it the general consensus (about not being noob friendly) or I just really really suck. (Only other fighting game I played was all storm naruto games because I couldn't/wouldn't watch the anime).

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
They definitely need to fix this as it fundamentally breaks the risk/reward design of their string system. Even if the timing is strict, it is probably not any harder than flawless block which is a legit game mechanic. This essentially becomes a system mechanic at that point, but something that negates the whole combo design concept, so that shouldn't fly. Them not patching it put would ruin the game, imo. That would be funny too considering them withholding customization for ranked due to potential balance issues.
For what it's worth, most pro players (who are the ones who are most likely able to actually use these consistently) seem to disagree with this. I am not good enough to abuse these, or fully understand the implications of them, but I trust those talking about them right now the most. There's a lot of discussion over which Option Selects are good and very good, but even the best of them are generally regarded as not being so good that they should be used everytime you do the string. Here's a good video by UltraDavid breaking down why he thinks it's good to have them in the game:

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
God I've only just narrowly obtained these Krypt events. I hope the equipment would be available later in the event that I do.

Also, is there anyway to predict when the standard Kronika chests will appear?

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Finally made it to Demi God in KL. This one really was a grind. I guess I'm burnt out on MK.

I've used a different character for each KL, which has been a good way to learn characters. Dunno who I'll pick for the next one, or if I'll just take a break.

bJOgpSN.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to me this season is that I had reached Elder God, and then proceeded to mess around in Ranked because it locks your highest ranked achieved when you get it. I went back down significantly into Demi God because of it. I think the next day is when I booted it up, and was met with a save corrupted notification. I thought it was no big deal, because this game likes to do that sometimes. But it turns out, it had somehow rewinded some of my statuses, including my highest ranked achieved which was back to Demi God; my current rank.

So I had to grind back up, and that was kinda frustrating.

gQ3BACQ.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to Master, I'll probably stop there since I don't feel like grinding for the next 24 hours. I'm still surprised at people using their mics in Ranked though, like why? Just so pointless to me.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I am a noob when it comes to fighting games and tried MKX at a friends this sunday.

Holy shit !! This game is not noob friendly. I only wanted to play campaign but the game is quite hard even on Easy. The button press seems to have their own rhythm also with lag included. You press too fast they seem to not work sometime.

Is it the general consensus (about not being noob friendly) or I just really really suck. (Only other fighting game I played was all storm naruto games because I couldn't/wouldn't watch the anime).

You just need to get used to the dial-a-combo system. Hit practice mode and perform your characters key combos over and over to get the muscle memory down. Then it will become second nature. Mk isn't harder/easier than other fighters—it's just different.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The Shang Tsung and Nightwolf trailers dropped approximately two weeks before they were released, so I wonder if we're going to see Terminator during tomorrow's State of Play.