• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't booted the game up in ages, because first I couldn't get away from Shadowbringers, now hooked on Iceborne, but the new 3rd variations will be what finally gets me back and finally try out Nightwolf (and Arnie in like a week) - So when is the next Kombat League? Or is there one running currently?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I haven't booted the game up in ages, because first I couldn't get away from Shadowbringers, now hooked on Iceborne, but the new 3rd variations will be what finally gets me back and finally try out Nightwolf (and Arnie in like a week) - So when is the next Kombat League? Or is there one running currently?
No Kombat League running currently. Reddit says the next one starts tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For what it's worth:
Johnny Cage 3rd variation: Sonicfox says "no way he's not Top 3."
Kotal Kahn: Mr Aquaman saying the buffs may make him OD again?
Kung Lao: Perfectlegend was very vocal about thinking the 3rd variation is complete trash.
Kano: his f1 is now a mid, his back 1 is now 10 frames. People who play Kano seem very stoked.

...also, for anyone who had trouble with Skeleton keys. I went from 0-16 in 5 minutes in the Krypt just by opening chests/spearing bodies. It's comical.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
For what it's worth:
Johnny Cage 3rd variation: Sonicfox says "no way he's not Top 3."
Kotal Kahn: Mr Aquaman saying the buffs may make him OD again?
Kung Lao: Perfectlegend was very vocal about thinking the 3rd variation is complete trash.
Kano: his f1 is now a mid, his back 1 is now 10 frames. People who play Kano seem very stoked.

...also, for anyone who had trouble with Skeleton keys. I went from 0-16 in 5 minutes in the Krypt just by opening chests/spearing bodies. It's comical.

Seems very promising. Happy for the Kotal and Cage buffs.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I know this is not nice of me but I get more excited about the shit that people can mine out of the patch rather than the normal intentions of it.

That being said reading over the Kitana notes it looks like she's been buffed? And has a new Krushing Blow. ♥

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New Kombat League has started.

Absolutely nothing for Cetrion. I really have zero reason to grind this time.

Last edited:

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy that the only skins I wanted (Sub and Noob) are the easiest to get this season.

That also means that next season the Baraka skin is going to be Demi-God, isn't it?

Oct 27, 2017
S6ZzDWB.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Anyone checked if the Gauntlet tower got any changes? I'm at that one where you have to win with Fatal Blows and it's...just not fun. It's a brick wall in the way of me completing it.

Oct 27, 2017
Why the hell is there still not an option to deny wifi players? Literally just had the most unplayable match in Kombat League.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have been thinking of getting this for sometime, but I just never got around to it, but the Terminator pushed me over the edge!
I have got the Switch version on order (it was the cheapest version £26 new) I went for the Switch over PS4 for the portability and also as my Switch is new and I only have a couple of games for it.
It has been a fair few years since I played a MK game, anyone have any quick tips /advice? I will probably only be playing as the Terminator for a while though.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone knows if the boss mode where players had items is gone entirely ?

I can only find coop tag towers. (And didn't see their new mode either ??)

I have been thinking of getting this for sometime, but I just never got around to it, but the Terminator pushed me over the edge!
I have got the Switch version on order (it was the cheapest version £26 new) I went for the Switch over PS4 for the portability and also as my Switch is new and I only have a couple of games for it.
It has been a fair few years since I played a MK game, anyone have any quick tips /advice? I will probably only be playing as the Terminator for a while though.

Hello ! Welcome.

I am not sure but I think ps4 content and characters before the Switch does, maybe you want to double check.

It's a great game so I recommend it, lots of content, story, arcade endings, etc.., and they fixed the issues the game had at launch.

The game has an extensive tutorial mode but you can also check youtube guides for it !

It isn't like other fighting games in terms of inputs, where you input them as you happen, here you input them right before they happen basically.

Takes a little bit of time to get used to it ! If you have any questions when you get the game feel free to ask us here we'll do our best to help.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
fwiw, there was a Baraka blade that said 'Found in the Krypt' (the plain metal one), but I got that from a co-op tower.
I thought it would be a Krypt event item, but I guess not.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
What if they wait until the end of the PS5 life cycle to enable cross play on nex-gen? haha

I hope this extends into PS5 games.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
They can't even deliver patches on all their platforms and you guys are expecting cross-play from NRS and WB??

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
They can't even deliver patches on all their platforms and you guys are expecting cross-play from NRS and WB??

To be fair, they have shown they're willing to put in a massive amount of work on the online functionality with what they did with rollback. I don't think you're giving them a fair shake here.

The PC/Switch patch delays due to outsourcing is a logistical hangup. If they do decide to do it, I could see it being console only to start.

If anything, I would think the publishers would be reluctant to do crossplay for fear of missing out on people double-dipping.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Yea, based on the work they did with the rollback netcode, I can see them being super open to doing cross play. We shall see though.

That is interesting to think about if they take double dipping into account. I double dipped on SF4 back in the day. I don't know what percentage of people are like me who double dip on their main game, especially nowadays with PS4 being the dominant FG platform. I haven't double dipped on anything this gen.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Anyone knows if the boss mode where players had items is gone entirely ?

I can only find coop tag towers. (And didn't see their new mode either ??)

Hello ! Welcome.

I am not sure but I think ps4 content and characters before the Switch does, maybe you want to double check.

It's a great game so I recommend it, lots of content, story, arcade endings, etc.., and they fixed the issues the game had at launch.

The game has an extensive tutorial mode but you can also check youtube guides for it !

It isn't like other fighting games in terms of inputs, where you input them as you happen, here you input them right before they happen basically.

Takes a little bit of time to get used to it ! If you have any questions when you get the game feel free to ask us here we'll do our best to help.

Ok thank you.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I really like Fearless Kitana. A fun different way to play the character, because I struggled quite a bit with her second variation.

But her new Krushing Blow looks a bit... slapped together. But still appreciate having a new one regardless ☺