• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
God this netcode drives me nuts. I sit there and decline any match below 3 bars, then get in to a match where the entire thing is in slow motion. I'm bad enough as is, don't hook up these people with an advantage.

Edit: If anyone wants to play on PC hit me up. Xeteh on Steam.

Last edited:

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying SZ's new Avalanche variation now. It's party time in the corner.

Very excited for Arnie soon he looks great.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Really enjoying SZ's new Avalanche variation now. It's party time in the corner.

Very excited for Arnie soon he looks great.
I picked him up too and am playing this KL season with him. Definitely shades of MKX although the Klone was way faster. In hindsight it was stupidly quick lol.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I picked him up too and am playing this KL season with him. Definitely shades of MKX although the Klone was way faster. In hindsight it was stupidly quick lol.
Ikr right? it really was OP in X lol. I only call out trap mid juggle for guaranteed setup. It's full combo city if you do it raw :S

It's fun, not mkx clone fun but good enough.

Last edited:

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Ikr right? it really was OP in X lol. I only call out trap mid juggle for guaranteed setup. It's full combo city if you do it raw :S

It's fun, not mkx clone fun but good enough.

Yeah I need to get a lot better at using it. I mostly am using it as a defensive tool against jumpy players or against characters that can cross the screen quickly with specials or advancing normals (eg night wolf, lui, Cassie). I don't use it offensively enough like mkx clone.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it just me or are 90% of Kung Lao players hella disrespectful? I played like 3 Kung Laos yesterday and iirc they were all teabaggers wtf

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh it isn't just Lao's, most of my losses I get bagged by everyone lol. KL brings out the worst in folk.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The behavior is encouraged by NRS. On the Kombat Kasts, they relentlessly teabag each other like it's the thing to do. It's behavior definitely cultivated by the devs themselves. I don't see it much myself anymore, thankfully, but it happens and it gets tiring.

I bet if this game allowed for win-quitting, there'd be so much of it. Meanwhile, in Street Fighter V, teabagging isn't prevalent at all anymore, and most people will stick around to play another game even if they lose.

Oct 27, 2017
The behavior is encouraged by NRS. On the Kombat Kasts, they relentlessly teabag each other like it's the thing to do. It's behavior definitely cultivated by the devs themselves. I don't see it much myself anymore, thankfully, but it happens and it gets tiring.

I bet if this game allowed for win-quitting, there'd be so much of it. Meanwhile, in Street Fighter V, teabagging isn't prevalent at all anymore, and most people will stick around to play another game even if they lose.

Honestly even at the beginning of SFV's life there really wasn't that much teabagging, at least not that I can recall.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly even at the beginning of SFV's life there really wasn't that much teabagging, at least not that I can recall.
I think it was near the end of S1 and during S2 where it was used the most, when players like NuckleDu, Punk, or RobTV would do it constantly in tournament matches. It cooled down a lot after everyone stopped doing it.

But when you have built-in ways of disrespecting the opponent like in MK11, it's not gonna stop. Actually, I just realized that MK11 doesn't have manual taunts.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I haven't played in a little while, partially because this game made me so salty. I don't mind losing, I'm not great at fighting games but man, I don't want to have my time disrespected. Let's get on to the next match

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was near the end of S1 and during S2 where it was used the most, when players like NuckleDu, Punk, or RobTV would do it constantly in tournament matches. It cooled down a lot after everyone stopped doing it.

But when you have built-in ways of disrespecting the opponent like in MK11, it's not gonna stop. Actually, I just realized that MK11 doesn't have manual taunts.

That's true, MK is just an inherently more disrespectful game by nature with things like fatalities and such. Yeah I'm surprised MK11 doesn't have taunts, I was always confused by what the "taunts" were in the Kustomize screen when they're actually referring to the end of round quotes.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I live by the mix and die by the mix with Dead of Winter SZ more often than not, so online players fucking hate me. Whether I win or lose I get bagged 8 outta 10 sets it feels. Hate mail is pretty common too... even when I get beat in a close set which is just bizarre, angry after winning like what?

Think I'm getting thinner skin as I'm getting older because this shit is starting to get on my nerves or bum me out lol

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
S3PqRYB.png

4GPYr0C.png

Oct 27, 2017
I live by the mix and die by the mix with Dead of Winter SZ more often than not, so online players fucking hate me. Whether I win or lose I get bagged 8 outta 10 sets it feels. Hate mail is pretty common too... even when I get beat in a close set which is just bizarre, angry after winning like what?

Think I'm getting thinner skin as I'm getting older because this shit is starting to get on my nerves or bum me out lol

I think I have my privacy set so only friends can send me messages because I don't get hatemail ever...I also use a private party to mute other players too lol. Unfortunately the teabagging isn't really something that can be avoided.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone fill me on these rumors about Sareena and Meat? I think I missed it. Thank you!

Also, Arnie is awesome. Dark Fate seems to be the go-to version.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I haven't messed around too much outside of the towers but is the Terminator's db3 just a projectile block without chip damage? Not sure if like him very much. Shotgun animation on the amplify is nice at least.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
It was funny, SonicFox was streaming Arnie last night, and randomly stopped in training to argue with Dekillsage for an hour about Dragon Ball stuff. xD

Oct 27, 2017
New Rapid Tower up with Nightwolf's stuff and the brutality "Guardian God" for ~30mns. (edit : weird the tower ain't new I already unlocked brutal difficulty but I didn't have the brutality)

New Tag Assist Tower up with Shang Tsung's stuff and the taunt "Reptile Camouflage" for ~2h30.

Krypt Event 9:
gdiTJpt.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The moment I went into training mode to test Terminator and did his D3, I was like "yep."

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they would do actual Halloween skins. Those are always my favorite type of skins.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Someone had reported earlier that via datamining there were 6 placeholders each for Jade, Liu, and Kabal, so that first card is probably an actual skin pack and the rest just some mock-ups for goofs, which seems accurate based on those images. That Jade witch skin is gonna be my default for sure.
9hvq010t5dr31.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Is there confirmation of actual skin assets? To me, this looks like just them having fun with the banners, not actual skins.

Pennywise Baraka would be a funny way to troll the supposed leaks where Pennywise was listed as DLC.

But, i'll say that most of those are just player banner images. The Liu Kang, Kitana and Kabal(?) skins look like they could be real.