• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh ...

This is hilarious. They better not patch it out.

Regarding the Terminator animations, he looks awful but that shouldn't be a surprise since most of his animations are re purposed from MKX Jason.

A lot of characters have decent animations now at least, some still have a lot of jank though.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I give Terminator a pass because of what he is, the rest of the cast for the most part look excellent.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am only glad that Terminator is out because Sindel is next. That's it.
He looks boring and unfinished to me.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Even for a Termnator he is too stiff and his moves look janky.

At least the most meh character is out already. Even Joker gonna be most likely more fun to play as.

Oct 27, 2017
The disparity in Terminator's animations versus the rest of the cast has been weird to see. Like being stiff is one thing, having a weird stanky leg AA is another lol.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like Halloween pack is happening.

prgx_19e3038.jpg

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the animation of Terminator's moves are noticeably worse than the rest of the cast. Makes Shang Tsung's "no effort" fireball look good.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I am enjoying Terminator in a lot of ways - the voice has grown on me, all of the nods to the movie are great, and the combos are powerful...it really feels though, like with just a few tweaks, he could have been a truly great guest. An iconic T1 and T2 look (jackets/glasses aren't film or promo perfect), getting rid of the goofy animations like the low kick, and well, just less looking like a recycled Jason in animations.

But yeah, overall, so far I'm happy to fight with or against him. That won't be true of Joker and wasn't true of Jason or Leatherface for me, so it's an overall guest character win in my books, I think. That is, unless he turns out to be broken competitively ala Predator and Alien when they launched. Woof.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Terminator's mindgames are pretty fun, I do love to mix and he has long combos and a command grab I enjoy playing him now.

Most satisfying D2 in the game imo.

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what they messed up with the reset on PC, but the rapid and tag-assist towers are old 96h towers and they give me nothing but coins, not even tower konsumables... The only tower supposed to reset tomorrow is the 24h ko-op tower; they don't want us to earn anything on the week-end.

Oct 27, 2017
The tag-team towers are the only instance where having voice chat on might actually be useful. Then you can actually tell people to tag in or use consumables.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm back from a work trip and finally got some time to try Terminator. Not a character for me, unfortunately, but I see a lot of crossover with Cyrax that fans might appreciate.

BUT HAS ANYONE NOTICED that the Kronika announced for Terminator is kind of weird? Like it's oddly louder than the rest of the names she says.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017

Some players get so salty. Felt good to get one up on this guy who thought he was hot shit by teabagging in match 2. I just took my time at the select screen to regain my composure. :)

He ended up losing to my complete garbage Johnny.

Happy_Death_Day5, keep it up buddy, you'll make it someday.

Oct 27, 2017

Some players get so salty. Felt good to get one up on this guy who thought he was hot shit by teabagging in match 2. I just took my time at the select screen to regain my composure. :)

He ended up losing to my complete garbage Johnny.

Happy_Death_Day5, keep it up buddy, you'll make it someday.

Somehow I just knew it would be a Kung Lao player lol

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Been having a weird bug with Terminator in towers. Sometimes the ai will start taking almost no damage to attacks. I thought it was modifiers at first, but now I don't think so.

Currently reinstalling the game. Anyone heard of a bug like that?

Oct 29, 2017
So this game is on sale in a bucnh of places. Worth picking up? I was initially turned off from all the different Kurrencies needed to unlock stuff in the krypt. Is this fixed? Or mitigated? Is it still a grind fest?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
At least they're selling "Bundles" now for character skins/intros/etc. of course, we'll all probably half at least half of those items, but it's providing a way to fill out more of our collections.
The thing is, I care about the collectibles of only a handful of characters (those I play). So I have so much of every currency with little to spend it on.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, I care about the collectibles of only a handful of characters (those I play). So I have so much of every currency with little to spend it on.

Yes, I'm the same way, I'll never care about completing Kollector, or Kano's things. I'd like, if instead of Easy Fatality tokens, we could purchase Skip Fight tokens with crystals instead.

sigh

stn

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone wants to beat the Kabal challenge where you have to block to regain health, just block low nonstop until you regain enough, then punish when he does the nomad dash or whatever its called. Not sure if he has any overheads but he didn't use any on me at all.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Wanted to go for Demi God but after reaching Grand Master i realized fuck that shit.

1000 instead of 500 points to rank up and some people get much more annoying with random bullshit more than in low ranks.

Im gonna spare me the stress and wont even attempt in future seasons to go for the highest tier.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The price is $5.99.

Also this:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios today announced a free Halloween themed in-game event coming to Mortal Kombat 11 from Oct. 25 through Nov. 1. The chilling seasonal event will bring a haunted vibe to Mortal Kombat 11, the No. 1 selling console game in the U.S. year-to-date*, with a variety of frightening content in celebration of the upcoming holiday, including four new boss fights with different Halloween themed modifiers in the form of flying witches and bats, falling pumpkins, rising gravestones and sprinting black cats that will be integrated into these matches. Players will also be able to earn new Brutalities, Halloween-specific consumables, player module pieces and other in-game rewards.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Having an issue and wondering if anyone has a fix or maybe I'm just being stupid. I have customized costumes/gear for Baraka, Sonya, Kabal, etc. that all translate to their ranked variations. I recently picked up Sub-Zero's Avalanche variation but his customizations are not carrying over to ranked. I called the variation "Avalanche", used the pre-set Avalanche move list, but for some reason nothing is showing up when I play ranked. I set my other customizations when the game first came out so maybe I'm forgetting something?

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Having an issue and wondering if anyone has a fix or maybe I'm just being stupid. I have customized costumes/gear for Baraka, Sonya, Kabal, etc. that all translate to their ranked variations. I recently picked up Sub-Zero's Avalanche variation but his customizations are not carrying over to ranked. I called the variation "Avalanche", used the pre-set Avalanche move list, but for some reason nothing is showing up when I play ranked. I set my other customizations when the game first came out so maybe I'm forgetting something?
Are you marking the variation that has the customizations as the default one? Because that's the one that defines the custom look for the competitive variations.