• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I often wonder if we'll get Mileena eventually. Seems like a missed opportunity to have the three OG ninja girls after so long

Although I guess they were all in MK9 😂

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have that much experience with Injustice, but I do feel like individual character playstyles and win conditions don't stand out much in MK11 and they mostly blend together, at least compared to other FGs I've played. There are some that do stand out, like Cetrion, Jacqui, D'vorah, or maybe Kano. But a lot of the tools are commoditized. The DLC characters have each been fairly unique, at least.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I agree. There are too many characters that have the same playstyle or very little variety in their playstyle. And only few, really unique characters. I feel like i enjoyed Injustice 2 more. Too bad it was released later on PC and died pretty quickly.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
This community confuses me. I'll accept any match that is >3 bars... I don't understand why my chance to get tea bagged is >100% on matches I lose.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely cause the actual Sindel update will probably drop a few days before the 26th, and the Kombat Kast will be before the update. Just like all the previous DLC characters.

Yup, I'm hoping they announce a Kast for Wed and a patch right after or Thursday. Waiting for them to fix some gear issues, as there are a handful of glitched ones still.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Played 4 Kombat League matches yesterday after work. First time playing in months and went 0-4 but they were all pretty close. Surprised that I was able to play as well as I did given my time away.

Nice to see the community still loves stalling between a losing set and post match teabagging and it's still annoying how long it takes between matches. Can't wait to go back for more though

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started this season of KL at 19/6. I'm currently 21/19.

Yikes.

I only play 5 sets a day because I haven't found a DG skin worth grinding for yet. I tend to always make it to at least Champion this way, so it works for me. I just want that sweet, sweet Baraka skin.

Oct 27, 2017
Sindel looks pretty fun. That back 2 looks really good. I've enjoyed every DLC character so far except for Terminator, but I've never enjoyed any of the MK guest characters to be honest (although I do enjoy the guest characters in Injustice :P).

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Still not sure about the retcon with Sindel... but she certainly does own the new approach they gave her.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sindel looks amazing, her first variant looks to be my favorite so far.

That 2nd fatality was also incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
Not really liking the change to the koop tower. It's cool in theory to now always have all 3 types to play. But now if you want to complete that tower you have to beat all 3 of them together now just to get the tower reward. Raid mode is bad just by itself.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Sindel looks amazing. She's the first character out of KP1 that I've really been excited for. Might finally play someone other than Kitana.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I wasn't really impressed by what i saw. I like her 1st and 3rd variations. 2nd looked very weak.

Also not a fan of most of her oufits and hair quality/animations looked really junky.

And low projectile looked pretty weak to me. Stephanie was like "3rd variation is the best because of it" but only managed to hit Tyler once or twice. It's very predictable move, especially later in the match.

Last edited:

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Never seen this interaction before:

Sub zero: what did kitana tell you?
Lui kang: all i need is a bucket of water.

Nice movie throwback.

Oct 25, 2017
Skarlet Blood Magic skin is finally up in the Ko-op bs towers for 24 hours. Good luck with that one. I got it after I found out a way to cheese the Noob tower. Walk back while blocking to bait Noob into teleporting. Then punish. Keep doing it until the green mist phase where you may have to rush him if you're low on life. If you have a lot of life left just keep baiting the teleport.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
One day someone will explain to me why "Pre-Allocating" takes like 10 times longer than it does to download something on Steam.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
One day someone will explain to me why "Pre-Allocating" takes like 10 times longer than it does to download something on Steam.
A combination of the patch modifying a LOT of files and the way Steam handles updates.

Mostly the latter. You'll have to ask at the PC Gaming ERA thread to find out why exactly.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Skarlet Blood Magic skin is finally up in the Ko-op bs towers for 24 hours. Good luck with that one. I got it after I found out a way to cheese the Noob tower. Walk back while blocking to bait Noob into teleporting. Then punish. Keep doing it until the green mist phase where you may have to rush him if you're low on life. If you have a lot of life left just keep baiting the teleport.
HOLY SHIT

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Did the Thanksgiving towers with Sindel, managed to randomly get the one skin I really wanted for her. Sweetness.

For those that want to learn her, Ketchup and Mustard always do a good job on day one of trying the new characters out, showcasing matchups and discussing the strategies. Online now.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
3FCED9DB8BBBDDBB53F5A0AB3EC4E5A3C71A23BF

The Queen is here!!!

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I really like her and am excited to try and learn a few things to make her my second main. I don't know if she has as many cool tricks as Kitana does but I just admit I haven't even looked at her tournament variations.

I also don't care much for her human costume with the weird arm sleeve things. I get they're going for this like 90s Enchantress vibe but I secretly just wish they'd out this time into making 1:1 totally dorky Klassic costumes for everyone.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I think I got all the Sindel brutalities I also got the skin I wanted off my first tower with her and I completed the outfit I wanted for her so now I'm free to grind away in practice as much as I want.