• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
I don't really know. At first when I picked this us it definitely felt.....heavier? than MKX. But now I feel like it's definitely faster than Injustice and MKX

MKX is faster and even more responsive than MK11. I played both back to back and it's very obvious, especially when jumping/dashing. Mkx's inputs are instant.

If they could make it like MKX the game would be even better.

Also, what the hell is the reason for some of these inputs being so god damn stupid? Jades b343 and Errons 21212 are perfect examples. You have input the whole string before the first hit even comes out. It doesnt make any sense, and NRS has been doing this since MK9. I cant think of any reason for shit like this to be in the game.

Also, escaping throws being a guessing game was always dumb, but adding krushing blows into the mix...so fucking dumb. no wonder the FGC thinks MK is a joke with these mechanics lol.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
You have input the whole string before the first hit even comes out. It doesnt make any sense, and NRS has been doing this since MK9. I cant think of any reason for shit like this to be in the game.
It forces you to commit to the entire string and face the consequences if it got Flawless Blocked. As opposed to some other strings which let you stop midway and bait a certain response.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Haha, where do I find it?! I spent some time yesterday in practice mode and I'm only seeing the original two.
Pick the characters you want, open up the practice options in training mode and you'll be able to switch to one of three variations for both characters.

If you wanna use them in regular gameplay outside of ranked online then you'll have to make a new customization slot for each character and select the ability variation with the appropriate name/trophy icon.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Pick the characters you want, open up the practice options in training mode and you'll be able to switch to one of three variations for both characters.

If you wanna use them in regular gameplay outside of ranked online then you'll have to make a new customization slot for each character and select the ability variation with the appropriate name/trophy icon.
Ah, got it.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Still think the Joker's a shitty pick for DLC but if he's gonna be coming anyway, I am kinda curious to see how he plays in this game.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Yup. We are getting him anyway so hopefully he plays great. If not then I'l ljust ignore him, defo the least interested I've been in any of the characters. Is it about time for a Kombat Kast for more details?

Also on the plus side once he's out it's a little closer to Spawn and Ash who I desperately want to see if he hasn't been canned completely.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to play as Spawn. Not really crazy about the Joker pick. Not like it matters much anyway, i havent been interested in this game :(

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's NRS' fourth stab (heh) at Joker so I'm sure they're gonna nail it gameplay wise.

I just hope his fatalities don't disappoint this time.
My two guesses are he'll do a Jason Todd to your skull...
joker-crowbar-robin-death-in-the-family.jpg

And maybe one involving his Joker toxins that worps the face into a rictus grin. That's literally his victim calling card.
6406438-rco011_1462030449_crop.jpg

Last edited:

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
And maybe one involving his Joker toxins that worps the face into a rictus grin. That's literally his victim calling card.
6406438-rco011_1462030449_crop.jpg

The only thing I can think about this not happening is that they'll have to model and continue to model those faces for all the characters. I don't think it'd be viable from a development perspective.....idk.

I really hope they do a good job of him.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I literally have zero hype for The Joker. I am more excited about the skins. But considering that they won't stop giving skins to Kano, Johnny, Sonya and Cassie... i am not sure should get excited at all. Seriously majority of DLC and KL skins so far were so disappointing and they keep focusing on boring special forces while ignoring a lot of characters. Also slow content drip and updates are not helping this game at all.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I literally have zero hype for The Joker. I am more excited about the skins. But considering that they won't stop giving skins to Kano, Johnny, Sonya and Cassie... i am not sure should get excited at all. Seriously majority of DLC and KL skins so far were so disappointing and they keep focusing on boring special forces while ignoring a lot of characters. Also slow content drip and updates are not helping this game at all.

Johnny got a single skin, Tuxedo, which was both needed and awesome, stop acting like he got 30. (The joke ninja mime skin from pre-release was a bonus that did not count towards the KP skins)

646421a4a3ca49d719be7c202950533c.jpg

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

You can't really expect anything truly unique from KL skins because if they were people would complain because they would be too hard/impossible to acquire for most players. It's kind of a no-win for NRS on those.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can't really expect anything truly unique from KL skins because if they were people would complain because they would be too hard/impossible to acquire for most players. It's kind of a no-win for NRS on those.
I'm one of them (no PSN for me currently), so I've been playing offline and grinding towers lately. Though I would like those upcoming Revenant outfits for the Special Forces, but the lack of unique dialogue for them tempers that interest (not like the Revenant skins factor into intro dialogue anyway).

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I mean you say that but there's unique brutalities tied to Kombat League that I'm still missing. I think they are pretty unqiue.

To be fair it's because I joined with 9 days left and needed to play 5 games for 10 days but it's the only KL I've missed that actually had content for one of my mains, Kung Lao.

I'd love it if the costumes were more unique, and then they sold them after the say the next season so you could buy them for cold hard cash if you wanted. Some characters get really jack shit for costumes like say, Kung Lao, who has a pretty cool design but his costumes are all fairly derivative of each other. My other character is Kollector and I love how different most of his outfits are from each other.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you say that but there's unique brutalities tied to Kombat League that I'm still missing. I think they are pretty unqiue.

True, but all the stuff on the right of the main online page like brutalities can be obtained without winning a single match. You just have to play the matches and you eventually meet the criteria. The other skins require winning/advancing up the ranks.

I'm one of them (no PSN for me currently), so I've been playing offline and grinding towers lately. Though I would like those upcoming Revenant outfits for the Special Forces, but the lack of unique dialogue for them tempers that interest (not like the Revenant skins factor into intro dialogue anyway).

I think they should make them all available for anyone at some point. I grinded to Demigod except one season when I got too busy, and I don't care if someone use time krystals or whatever at a later date for them.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
They did a great job with Joker, way better than I expected, to be honest...but I'm also still very meh on actually wanting to play as or against him. I'm just really sick of the character in general, even though this is miles better than the Injustice 2 version in design, personality and moveset.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really glad they changed Joker's face, he looks great now. Not going to main him or anything but will definitely try him out for fun.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I just played somebody and as soon as I won my match all of a sudden lagged out and they disconnected but the game didn't say THEY disconnect we just that the match was no longer available.

I think they were doing something dodgy and it's shocking because they were such a bad sport

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Unverified, but I'm hearing a lot of players saying the Krypt got a major refresh. Stuff that was only giving out augments and tower items now churning out banners, icons, and gear.

Good, there were a number of gear pieces that were listed as dropping in chests, but weren't.

Also, does that Fatal Blow change mean it will be easier to poke people out of them?

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Are we ever getting Kold War Skarlet and that Kano skin? Any info after the patch? Is it so hard to make them available after almost a year, my god.

Oct 27, 2017
Played some last night and I could definitely notice the Fatal Blow change. Much harder for people to wake up YOLO Fatal Blow (including me :P)

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
Unverified, but I'm hearing a lot of players saying the Krypt got a major refresh. Stuff that was only giving out augments and tower items now churning out banners, icons, and gear.

uhh it's ridiculous right now? Just smashing jugs in the krypt gets me skins, gear, and fatalities. I kinda don't like it; it's too easy to get stuff now?

Edit: even spearing a hanging body in the Krypt nets me stuff (two artworks one time, an augment and a gear piece another time). In twenty minutes picked up all the fatalities I was missing.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018
日本
uhh it's ridiculous right now? Just smashing jugs in the krypt gets me skins, gear, and fatalities. I kinda don't like it; it's too easy to get stuff now?

Edit: even spearing a hanging body in the Krypt nets me stuff (two artworks one time, an augment and a gear piece another time). In twenty minutes picked up all the fatalities I was missing.
Just think of it as making up for lost time. lol