• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a ton of fun with The Joker -- he might even be my favorite character in the game.

This is selfish of me, but I wish his "everything but the kitchen sink" hammerspace design approach was expanded even further. He's the sort of tricky showman whose personality demands more than three base specials. There are still so many iconic gadgets missing from his move set, including the "BANG" spear gun, razor-tipped playing cards, acid-squirting flower, joy buzzer, chattering teeth, and laughing gas. I know he uses a lot of those in Injustice, but there are still ways to make them unique for MK. I'm obviously not expecting anything to be added, but hopefully the MK11 and Injustice 2 versions of the character are married together for Injustice 3. They feel like two halves of a whole.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Finally!

976310_202001311621421pj30.png

Only missing one of her skins now. Btw. not sure did anyone notice but they made her skin tone more pale/white with the latest patch.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how NRS went from having the worst looking character models in the genre with MK9 to the absolute best with MK11.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
It's crazy how NRS went from having the worst looking character models in the genre with MK9 to the absolute best with MK11.
Same with netcode (I mean, maybe not absolute best in class ala Killer Instinct) - MKX started off with horrible code, they listened, put a lot of work and turned it around to a point where Injustice 2 and MK11 are definitely considered near top tier in that respect too. Animations have gotten better, etc.

I guess that's what happens when a studio sells a shit ton of games and really invests in their engines, processes and franchises. Let's just hope they were serious with long-term support for this game.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this a few days ago and I find the game kinda hard. I'm playing on medium difficulty but the computer will sometimes bust out a combo that almost takes half my health or they'll teleport all over the place chipping away at my health. Scorpion is a dick. And I know bosses in fighting games are supposed to be hard but Kronika is absurd. MK10 and the Injustice games seemed easier to me.
Not to mention that the tutorial doesn't show you how to do those long ass combos the cpu does.
I can't see myself ever doing any of the hard or very hard towers.

I absolutely love everything else though.

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I Love 9 and X, i tried this trial, think it plays and looks fantastic, its like 35$ for premium edt, i feel like its worth it? I think its gonna take some time before its cheaper then that?

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll take some time to get used to the new mechanics. Right now I don't like em and I miss running. I'll play some more, finish the story at the very least, but my first impression is "not as fun as X"

At least the Krypt is no longer in first person and its the best looking fighting game ive ever seen and played, so there's that at least

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance that the throwback female ninja costumes return? I didn't have enough time crystals back during Christmas / New Years time but I do now. I need Klassic Skarlet!

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Any chance that the throwback female ninja costumes return? I didn't have enough time crystals back during Christmas / New Years time but I do now. I need Klassic Skarlet!
I am pretty sure that they will return in the future, a lot of players missed them because of the holidays and want them back.
Skarlet might be my fav of the bunch, Jade also looks amazing.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
With Spawn on the horizon, I've been thinking a lot about the future of DLC. If a second Kombat Pack is evenly split like the first one then there might be two more completely unknown guests coming. Ash would bring us to two movie characters and two comic book characters, so I think it would be a good idea for the remaining guests to hail from the realm of video games.

I would love to see...

Doom Slayer
BAJGpjS.png

Back in the '90s, Mortal Kombat and Doom were at the forefront of the debate on violence in video games. It would feel monumental to finally bring these two controversial icons together, and the Doom aesthetic is a perfect fit for Mortal Kombat. There's also the added bonus of promoting Doom Eternal.

The Doom Slayer has access to several firearms, explosives, and other tools including a grappling hook and chainsaw. He could even use the Rocket Jump that Deadshot had in Injustice 2.

Themed skin ideas:

Albert Wesker
tv589RX.png

Resident Evil is a household name and the most commercially successful horror video game series of all-time. Like Mortal Kombat, it's filled with blood, gore, cops, zombies, and jump scares, and it's no stranger to bad Hollywood adaptations. Resident Evil's 25th anniversary is also coming up soon.

Wesker is the embodiment of Mortal Kombat cheese. He spouts hammy one-liners, fights using Matrix-style kung fu (Ed Boon wanted to include Neo in the past), he can teleport, and he mutates into a monster. He'd fit like a glove.

Themed skin ideas:

Last edited:

stn

Oct 28, 2017
FYI for all Kano fans, his pirate skin is being sold in the premium shop for a limited time. Hopefully they do Russian Skarlet next.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Was playing some this weekend and swapped to Buluc Kotal Kahn. Idk why but I was struggling with getting totems out. I could practice just using totems but for some reason using that left trigger after putting in inputs is awkward for me. Is there a button shortcut for stance switch?

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
With Spawn on the horizon, I've been thinking a lot about the future of DLC. If a second Kombat Pack is evenly split like the first one then there might be two more completely unknown guests coming. Ash would bring us to two movie characters and two comic book characters, so I think it would be a good idea for the remaining guests to hail from the realm of video games.

I would love to see...

Doom Slayer
BAJGpjS.png

Back in the '90s, Mortal Kombat and Doom were at the forefront of the debate on violence in video games. It would feel monumental to finally bring these two controversial icons together, and the Doom aesthetic is a perfect fit for Mortal Kombat. There's also the added bonus of promoting Doom Eternal.

The Doom Slayer has access to several firearms, explosives, and other tools including a grappling hook and chainsaw. He could even use the Rocket Jump that Deadshot had in Injustice 2.

Themed skin ideas:

Albert Wesker
tv589RX.png

Resident Evil is a household name and the most commercially successful horror video game series of all-time. Like Mortal Kombat, it's filled with blood, gore, cops, zombies, and jump scares, and it's no stranger to bad Hollywood adaptations. Resident Evil's 25th anniversary is also coming up soon.

Wesker is the embodiment of Mortal Kombat cheese. He spouts hammy one-liners, fights using Matrix-style kung fu (Ed Boon wanted to include Neo in the past), he can teleport, and he mutates into a monster. He'd fit like a glove.

Themed skin ideas:

Doom Slayer is pretty much a no-brainer for an MK game. He would fit in so well.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Was playing some this weekend and swapped to Buluc Kotal Kahn. Idk why but I was struggling with getting totems out. I could practice just using totems but for some reason using that left trigger after putting in inputs is awkward for me. Is there a button shortcut for stance switch?
I don't play on pad but there is a button that's bound to stance switch by default in NRS games. Check in the options/pause menu and go to button settings (or whatever the exact name of the menu is)

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay gotten to the point where im having some fun playing online, despite many things I dislike.

Whats up with Towers of Time though? They're freaking annoying. Even watching the AI do em makes me want to throw a controller.

And is PC Crossplay ever gonna happen? That'd be sick.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I've been way out of the loop with this game since shortly after Nightwolf dropped.

Came back to it randomly last week and I've missed it so much. I was pretty happy to see my skills didn't take too much of a hit when I hopped online. Arnie, Sindel, and Joker seem like fun characters (well, not so much Arnie, he's just the complete opposite of my playstyle).

After all this time I still have yet to find a secondary character to use. Sub-Zero might have been the closest I've come to finding one but not quite there yet with him. I do want to spend some more time with Joker though, I haven't spent much time with him yet .

None of the characters have come close to jelling with me like Skarlet did.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
My main is defintiely Kitana followed by Sindel but I am scared to invest in Sindel too much because I feel like she's going to get nerfed at some point.

I'd love to pick up Jade, Skarlet, Frost

Or a guy

But yeah that's where I'm at

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I came back to MK on the xbox after Sindel came out, and now I am really I to it again. I hadn't gotten to play Kombat League before, and now I am hooked! My Kung Lao isnt doing too badly.

I do play it alone in a party chat so I dont have to listen to people in the game. They can get annoying.

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
Anyone having trouble with frequently getting disconnected from the MK servers? I have no idea why it's happening, but it's every ten minutes or so and will kick me out of anything I'm in. last fight of a tower, character customization, doesn't matter.

Oct 29, 2017
Okay gotten to the point where im having some fun playing online, despite many things I dislike.

Whats up with Towers of Time though? They're freaking annoying. Even watching the AI do em makes me want to throw a controller.

And is PC Crossplay ever gonna happen? That'd be sick.

Theres AI loadouts posted on reddit, optimal ones for every character

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
My first thought was maybe they dropped it off EVO because of the variations, but that's exactly why there are tournament variations.
This is quite strange, isn't MK11 still the latest big and best selling fighting game release (outside of Smash maybe).

I hope NRS still support the game like planned.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Imo. they are definitely dropping the game faster than they first thought. Even tho. the game sold well (especially pre-orders and first month) there is a lot of negativity and criticism around the game and it looks like NRS and WB are not really trying to fix it.

I mean MK9 was at 3 EVOs, MKX 2. And MK11 barely had one and it was considered to be the most boring game to watch by many. This is not good, at all.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Probably

1) No scene in asia

2) NRS doesn't give them "reveals" and unique content

3) There were some issues last year

Imo. they are definitely dropping the game faster than they first thought. Even tho. the game sold well (especially pre-orders and first month) there is a lot of negativity and criticism around the game and it looks like NRS and WB are not really trying to fix it.

I mean MK9 was at 3 EVOs, MKX 2. And MK11 barely had one and it was considered to be the most boring game to watch by many. This is not good, at all.

MK11 had the most entrants for any NRS game.

Also what do you mean "they're not trying to fix it" ? I find that pretty rude. They've listened to most of the community feedback so far ...

And they are not putting out Injustice 3 until next gen so they're not gonna support this less.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia

I think they are trying to fix it BUT I wish they were perhaps a little bit more open with their communications. The last patch that came out with a bunch of changes came out of literally nowhere.

I hope they continue supporting the game. I really do like it, maybe even better than X, but X lived on it's support and eventual XL release and I am somewhat worried that we won't be able to enjoy that longevity with 11.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Game is stale and boring competitive-wise. Especially at high levels. Ppl hate variations and gameplay is all about throws, pokes and 50/50. It's designed for casuals.
There was always something new and different to learn and discover in both MK9 and MKX, in MK11 once you learn the character... that's it.

Just look at what they did to Skarlet gameplay-wise for example. She is boring shadow of what she used to be in MK9. And instead of trying to fix her, they are nerfing her, while Cetrion is left to dominate with her annoying game for months now.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Game is stale and boring competitive-wise. Especially at high levels. Ppl hate variations and gameplay is all about throws, pokes and 50/50. It's designed for casuals.
There was always something new and different to learn and discover in both MK9 and MKX, in MK11 once you learn the character... that's it.

Just look at what they did to Skarlet gameplay-wise for example. She is boring shadow of what she used to be in MK9. And instead of trying to fix her, they are nerfing her, while Cetrion is left to dominate with her annoying game for months now.

I consider myself a casual fg player but MK 11 did nothing for me after the release honeymoon phase. I had way more fun with MK9 but with X and 11, they went with this stupid variation system which kind of drags the game down for me. I'd take a simpler but well-thought out character any day.

I'm also at a phase in my life where violence doesn't impress me anymore, but on the contrary, I'm kind of repulsed by it. I grew up with the first games but it was a novelty back then, especially with those graphics. With the visuals we have now, everytime I see a fatality I can't help but cringe and think '' why do this, who likes this ? ''

The combo system is also a major culprit in me not liking the gameplay as much but it has been like this since the DA/Deception days.

The grinding didn't help the game either. I find it super lame that I have to grind to get random costume drops in a fighting game.

I feel they need to go back to the drawing board and maybe they'll come up with some major improvements .

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe most of the people complaining about how much better MKX was ever actually played the game for as long as they're making it sound.

People acting like NRS games were ever some kind of hype showstoppers at Evo is also funny. They did well enough with their crowd, but they were always labeled as boring by fans of other games.

People have been jumping off NRS games at this point every time, except this time they have just slowed down their DLC release cadence and their (supposed) longer support cycle hasn't kicked in. NRS hasn't proven they will support a game for more than a year, so that's on them. Them being dropped this year with the way Evo has been trending with games with a wordwide base and marketing tie-ins/reveals probably shouldn't be all that shocking.

Last edited: