• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I think MKX is a funnier game to "go back to" from time to time, and it was also just easier in the sense that every character had bullshit so it was about bullshit vs bullshit.

MK11 is definitely a much more enjoyable game to play "regularly". But then again it's still a frustrating game online.

And it's missing a little * something *. I think it's a very solid base but I'd like to see some kind of big revamp somewhere.

And the way krushing blows are given make 0 sense, the way gapless strings are given etc...

It's like different people tried to balance different characters with completely different design philosophies and it doesn't really make any sense.

LMao

Remind me of that tweet with a Trunks on DBFZ where he does 2h 2h 2h, whiffs everytime, then he jumps and super dashes.

Last edited:

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty bummed by the EVO drop and surprised by some of the comments here. I mean, I do agree that there's some legit frustrating shit with MK11 but I still find it really enjoyable to play. And watching it at EVO last year was the first time I've actually watched any EVO content. Though admittedly, I'm fairly new to actually following the FGC but I have MK11 to thank for that.

I hated MKX but I think MK11 is right up there with MK9 for me personally. There just hasn't been a fighting game out there that's captured my desire to actually play, learn, and stick with it like MK11 has. I bought SamSho and I really dug it but the online was lacking and it was kind of a drag to fight matches.

Anywho, bummer about EVO, MK11 still great to play.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I hope NRS drops customization from their next game and goes back to core move sets and regular alternate costumes like in MK9 and the first Injustice. NRS isn't going to support a game for years and years like Tekken or Street Fighter with how ambitious (and expensive) a single one of their characters has become -- with dozens of lines of dialogue each, customizable moves, gear pieces, multiple intro and victory poses, and so on, it's simply unfeasible for them to support a game beyond their initial roadmap. I wouldn't be surprised if Kombat Pack 2 consists only of the three characters that leaked last year.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MKX was fun at the time but holy shit that game is jank. Armored 50/50 mixups and gapless combos for 70% is not fun.

MK11 needs a little something and I think it has to do with either customer variations or combining all tournament variations into one. The combos are a little stale and at this point most everyone knows the most optimal strings for all the characters. I think the meta of pokes and throws is also kind of stale.

I love this game though.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes please go back to traditional costumes in the next game. One of my biggest wants for Injustice 3 or whatever is next

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Agreed with the return to traditional customization. The gear is awesome and looks cool but if I had the choice between more traditional costumes and colour schemes over more gear pieces, I'd choose the former every time.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I'd rather not have variations but if we keep them, I'd prefer more MKX style. It feels like half the variantions just have random moves thrown on in MK 11. Totemic Kotal Kahn with 1 totem and two cat moves. Maybe I'm wrong because I didn't play much but MKX seemed to have more thought put into them and better themed.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
The problem with traditional customization is that they can't keep the players engaged for a long time because there nothing to unlock.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The problem with traditional customization is that they can't keep the players engaged for a long time because there nothing to unlock.
Damn you, Games as a Service!
I'd rather not have variations but if we keep them, I'd prefer more MKX style. It feels like half the variantions just have random moves thrown on in MK 11. Totemic Kotal Kahn with 1 totem and two cat moves. Maybe I'm wrong because I didn't play much but MKX seemed to have more thought put into them and better themed.
I agree, I loved the variations in MKX. Some of the variations in MK11 certainly do feel like playing a different character but some of them just feel so lackluster in comparison to the other two.

Though granted, MKX had this problem at first as well. Some variations just were not as good as the others but they at least always felt unique.

Last edited:

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If I'm throwing 75,000 koins into the shrine and getting augments, and 100,000 koins into the shrine and getting augments, that means I've got everything the Shrine has to offer right?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So the klassic costume for Skarlet, was that a one time event in the shop or something? Just saw someone with it but it looks like it was a timed thing?

I want it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
They need to add a function where you can summon any previous tower using koins, souls or hearts.

That is a good idea. I have 99% of all the stuff at this point, but I'm sick of waiting for the couple towers I missed to pop up. The amount of time you have to sink into this game to unlock stuff is absurd and I have tons of that worthless currency.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So the klassic costume for Skarlet, was that a one time event in the shop or something? Just saw someone with it but it looks like it was a timed thing?

I want it.
I'm sure it'll come back to the store at some point but when?

Ask
547100937655681036.png

They need to add a function where you can summon any previous tower using koins, souls or hearts.
Oh god that'd be so convenient :(

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
If they're taking suggestions, please rethink about racing against time skins. It worked when everything was new and we could obtain new gears and skins from almost every tower, but I don't see the point in completing A LOT of towers to reach the 5%, and only obtain a bunch of augments that I'll never touch, it's boring af.

Add the skins to the random pool of prizes or somewhere at the Krypt. Hell, even give us some new gauntlet stages.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If they're taking suggestions, please rethink about racing against time skins. It worked when everything was new and we could obtain new gears and skins from almost every tower, but I don't see the point in completing A LOT of towers to reach the 5%, and only obtain a bunch of augments that I'll never touch, it's boring af.

Add the skins to the random pool of prizes or somewhere at the Krypt. Hell, even give us some new gauntlet stages.

Yeah this is a good point. I have over 10 million koins now and now idea what to do with them. And every tower that's popping up is completed for me.

I don't really know what the solution is. That being said I guess they expected to maybe have more towers than they currently have in the pool? Maybe that's why?

I said months ago that I hope the hooks they found in the datamine for Krypt expansions were real. Then I'd have something to do with my currency. But then I guess what would you even unlock? I feel like I have everything

HulkMansfield

Dec 29, 2017
I still can't get over this internet dropping thing. Anyone else have this issue? I see it on all kinds of forums all from 6-8 months ago, but no one ever seems to have an answer.

Having some fun with Kung Lao when it works though. I'm also like the staff work of the Joker

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dear christ after 183 kasual matches I still don't have the damn trophy. I've been going back to menu after a match and still nothing. Does anyone have any info on this damn thing?

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
Last day of Kombat League and I barely managed to squeak out a rank of Demi God. I needed 3500 points and I got 3506. I am not TOUCHING that rematch button.

169 games, 94 wins 75 losses

twqIYRj.jpg

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Last day of Kombat League and I barely managed to squeak out a rank of Demi God. I needed 3500 points and I got 3506. I am not TOUCHING that rematch button.

169 games, 94 wins 75 losses

twqIYRj.jpg
Nice!

I only played about 50 matches this season (to get the 10 daily challenges reward) and I managed to get to Master.

Planning on playing a lot more in the next KL and I'll exclusively be playing Sindel then.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I wish the inputs in this game would be a bit less stiff. It took me like 20 minutes to do Baraka's 112 xx HCF+2 string back-to-back. I've been playing fighters since the 90's and definitely have above-average execution in general, but this was something else.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
Someone on Reddit has also mentioned that Sareena doesn't have any consumables and Havik's consumable has been removed from the game.
So, that's something.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I honestly doubt that there will be more content for this game after KP2. But it's possible if they are releasing next-gen version. Almost everything sounded boring/non-interesting to me tho. Except for new stages. But its sucks that we didn't get any with KP1.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they release a next gen version when the existing ones would be backwards compatible and could just be patched?

Also Michael Meyers is a boring guest we don't need.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Leak seems somewhat believable and that would be a great roster when it's all said and done. I would rather have someone else over Michael Meyers though.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
There's a Sindel + Kitana premier tower up for 22 hours. Has the last skin for Sindel that was never put on a tower before.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
If they are going to add another guest, it shouldn't be Michael Meyers, but should be another time traveler. Specifically:
Iron_Maiden_-_Somewhere_in_Time.jpg

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am glad that Sindel is my first 100% character tho. Yup, almost one year after the game release i still don't have a single character with 100% stuff unlocked. Sindel is my first.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
We don't really know that though. Maybe they're trying to give more time between games for longer support, which could be a good change.
Possibly, but 2021 is a huge year for WB on the DC side with a new Batman film coming out.

I think they're gonna make sure another IJ hits alongside it.