• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
aYuvtGa.jpg

Someone pinch me pls.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly, but 2021 is a huge year for WB on the DC side with a new Batman film coming out.

I think they're gonna make sure another IJ hits alongside it.

I'd be fine if they take longer to overhaul the characters completely like they do with MK. I liked Inj2, but they need to shake up a lot for me to buy in next time. I'm sick of bad Superman and Wonder Woman, and I think a bunch of characters that just had their designs carried over from Inj1 need their whole move sets done over from scratch. Batman was never fun to me, which is crazy. I don't think Inj1/2 had too many "functions" people would be afraid to lose.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Does Kano only have the 2 colors for his outfit then? They're talking about having 3 bundles rotating daily for Skarlet when Kano only had the 1 bundle in the store for a week.

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Come to think of it, Shang Tsung's movie outfit only came with 2 colors for those that got the Kombat Pack all the other outfits had 6. I don't know what's going on. There are images in the game of the other colors (and a coatless variant), but we can only use 2 of them.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, the brutality where Jax grows giant is available in the Valentine's tower. That's the one thing I still wanted to get.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Michael Myers doesn't make much sense for MK11. We already have our requisite robotic powerhouse guest character with limited fighting skill in The Terminator (MKX had Jason). Also, facial expressions are such a big part of MK11 that masked characters expose their faces when receiving Fatalities, along with eyeballs popping out and such, but I don't think Michael Myers' licensee would allow him to unmask. He's only ever canonically shown his face for a split second 40 years ago.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
I'd be fine if they take longer to overhaul the characters completely like they do with MK. I liked Inj2, but they need to shake up a lot for me to buy in next time. I'm sick of bad Superman and Wonder Woman, and I think a bunch of characters that just had their designs carried over from Inj1 need their whole move sets done over from scratch. Batman was never fun to me, which is crazy. I don't think Inj1/2 had too many "functions" people would be afraid to lose.

I hated playing Injustice 2. First week, trying to learn new characters and people are just doing the same shit they were doing in INJ1. It's a game stuck in 2013, the animations are some of the worst I've ever seen. And it's not like they had particularly interesting or fun movesets.

But seeing as how they revamped joker I cant see them doing the same thin for 3. They NEED to overhaul the characters.

MattXIII

Oct 28, 2017
Michael Myers doesn't make much sense for MK11. We already have our requisite robotic powerhouse guest character with limited fighting skill in The Terminator (MKX had Jason). Also, facial expressions are such a big part of MK11 that masked characters expose their faces when receiving Fatalities, along with eyeballs popping out and such, but I don't think Michael Myers' licensee would allow him to unmask. He's only ever canonically shown his face for a split second 40 years ago.

This plus Michael Myers gear and skins would be pretty meh.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This plus Michael Myers gear and skins would be pretty meh.
I don't think so. MIchael Myers has a ton of crazy looks, even if the "default" gear is the same. His mask has gone through quite a variety of variations, and I imagine they could also go with some of the comic and reboot alternative masks too.
Halloween2007-PumpkinMask.jpg

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
You can't convince me Meyers would be a an interesting pick for this game. Especially with Terminator already in there.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That would actually be the worst.

I want Ash Williams (young skin that looks better than Terminator young skin, please ...), and John Wick.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks for the heads up. It was 700 for me too, still have 1800 crystals left to spend.

So I haven't played in a while, tried one of the new tag towers. I got matched with the same guy three times in a row and he never once tagged me in. The only time we were close to winning was when I started the fight and tagged him in when my health was low, so I returned later with my health full. You'd think he would get the hint after that but no.

I guess nothing's changed.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So I haven't played in a while, tried one of the new tag towers. I got matched with the same guy three times in a row and he never once tagged me in. The only time we were close to winning was when I started the fight and tagged him in when my health was low, so I returned later with my health full. You'd think he would get the hint after that but no.
The tag team's best played solo tbh. Either that or you invite someone.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of the skins only purchasable via in-game currency that are tied to a single account. Hate it in SFV, Injustice 2 and here too. All the other MK11 skin packs are normal DLC that anyone on your console can use. If you want anyone else on your system to be able to use the content they either gotta do all that grinding separately, or pay the ridiculous cost of the krystals. It feels really gross.

I'd rather save my time and pay the same price as the other DLC packs that don't have the usage limitations.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not a fan of the skins only purchasable via in-game currency that are tied to a single account. Hate it in SFV, Injustice 2 and here too. All the other MK11 skin packs are normal DLC that anyone on your console can use. If you want anyone else on your system to be able to use the content they either gotta do all that grinding separately, or pay the ridiculous cost of the krystals. It feels really gross.

I'd rather save my time and pay the same price as the other DLC packs that don't have the usage limitations.

Sorry but no.

I got this skin for free, I'm happy, I don't have the money to spend on that costume otherwise.

Like if anything you should have more issues with kombat pack exclusive skins, which kinda force your hand.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm living abroad for a year because of work with no access to my games... So I'll never be able to receive/obtain these skins?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but no.

I got this skin for free, I'm happy, I don't have the money to spend on that costume otherwise.

Like if anything you should have more issues with kombat pack exclusive skins, which kinda force your hand.

I'm specifically referring to the options for flat out purchasing. I'm not advocating for them not having an earnable option.

To be more clear the Time Kystal currency is BS. Overpriced "premium currency" sold in "best value" bundles has always been a sleazy gimmick in mobile games and it sucks here too.

It was innocuous enough when everything in the premium store was just stuff from towers. But now they have content exclusive to the stores and if you just want to flat out buy them you're going to be paying an absurd amount compared to the other skin packs they're selling with usage restrictions on top.

They could still let people earn these for free without the time krystal nonsense (too late, I know). I think they should just have just let people use koins, hearts, and souls, the other three useless currencies you get by playing the game to unlock these skins, and if you want to just buy them, treat them like normal DLC at the prices they're selling their others. I had no issues buying the horror pack as three sets of skins with gear and six colors each at that price seemed fair.

Devs/Pubs need to do a better job of balancing "free" earnable content so that if you want to save time and buy it, which actually monetarily supports them, they're not getting punished with absurd pricing. Whenever they do it, they seem to overboard like they have to make up tons of extra money as if those who earn it count as lost sales, which I don't think is necessarily the case.

I also don't like KP exclusive skins. They should be available separately and getting a slight discount in the bundle is as far as they should go with that, imo.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm specifically referring to the options for flat out purchasing. I'm not advocating for them not having an earnable option.

To be more clear the Time Kystal currency is BS. Overpriced "premium currency" sold in "best value" bundles has always been a sleazy gimmick in mobile games and it sucks here too.

It was innocuous enough when everything in the premium store was just stuff from towers. But now they have content exclusive to the stores and if you just want to flat out buy them you're going to be paying an absurd amount compared to the other skin packs they're selling with usage restrictions on top.

They could still let people earn these for free without the time krystal nonsense (too late, I know). I think they should just have just let people use koins, hearts, and souls, the other three useless currencies you get by playing the game to unlock these skins, and if you want to just buy them, treat them like normal DLC at the prices they're selling their others. I had no issues buying the horror pack as three sets of skins with gear and six colors each at that price seemed fair.

Devs/Pubs need to do a better job of balancing "free" earnable content so that if you want to save time and buy it, which actually monetarily supports them, they're not getting punished with absurd pricing. Whenever they do it, they seem to overboard like they have to make up tons of extra money as if those who earn it count as lost sales, which I don't think is necessarily the case.

I also don't like KP exclusive skins. They should be available separately and getting a slight discount in the bundle is as far as they should go with that, imo.

Fair enough.

But so far I barely use my time crystals ever so it hasn't been an issue.

They absolutely need to make all brutality unlocked for every character instantly though in season 2.

Shit is unacceptable.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Of course they put the most unique skin (white Noob) for Demi-God. :(

Going for the middle tier every Kombat League is already enough but going for Demi-God is too much stress.

Hope the Ultimate Edition that we gonna get one day will have all the Kombat League skins.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Do people hate playing online or just Kombat League specfically? From so many comments it seems like the former.

In any case I think the last level to get to Demigod is a little too long/tedious. I think they need to award the third skin a little earlier or cut the point requirement to advance from that level to Demigod a little bit.

I've typically have been getting to Demigod with a week to spare, but that's only been with playing everyday and some longer sessions. On both consoles too, so I'm not just asking it to be made easier due ro sour grapes. I think it's just a little too discouraging for most players with lives, lol.

Bragging rights should just be profile backgrounds or icons, not so much skins, imo.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I think I might have reached Demigod once and that was for the first Kombat League when I was playing MK11 every chance I had. Since then I've always seemingly topped off around Master. I just don't play it as much or as often. And it always seem each KL has a character of the month, where most matches are against a Scorpion or Liu Kang. Though, I could be wrong, I haven't been participating much in the recent KL's.

Plus, I'm not sure they fixed this, but the point spread and losses got ridiculous. I can win a match and get next to nothing and I can lose a match and lose a ton of points. That combined with point decay just made me exhausted in trying to keep up.

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
How so? The base characters have had seven seasons worth of KL stuff. Why shouldn't those get some too?

To be honest, I really dislike that I have to farm costumes/brutalities for characters that I paid extra. It's even worse that it's still impossible to have all the skins and finishers for characters released +6 months ago.

But okay, the towers are always changing and eventualy I'll be able to gather everything.

But now they're locking a brutality for a DLC character behind a KL season. Have the brutalities from the other seasons become available in another mode? If yes, it's not that bad.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I really dislike that I have to farm costumes/brutalities for characters that I paid extra. It's even worse that it's still impossible to have all the skins and finishers for characters released +6 months ago.

But okay, the towers are always changing and eventualy I'll be able to gather everything.

But now they're locking a brutality for a DLC character behind a KL season. Have the brutalities from the other seasons become available in another mode? If yes, it's not that bad.

Yeah, I get that. I hate the idea of "battle pass" style DLC where you can miss content you bought if you don't grind. But with how development works now we don't know if this was added later of if they just sat on it, and that can apply to the base game too. NRS is gonna make you grind via FOMO tactics to boost their player engagement. That's their thing now and we can't really stop it. So may as well have the content distributed more even across characters so in the end the DLC chatacters aren't content deficient by comparison.