• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Keith Davids voice, the classic skin, commando Spawn, all the guns and powers, his intro and Malebolgia in his outro. There was so much care and effort put into this character it's insane. Seeing him interact with Scorpion was just awesome.

He better have a maskless/laced up variation for his costumes. No way can they leave that out, especially given the history with the Batman comic crossover.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
This is the first time Jacqui is getting costumes since Launch. People need to chill.
Not a reason to give her TWO in one pack, while some characters have zero extra skins.

This was enough for her:

ESonnYcXQAAVXiE

Who's idea it was to give her Spawn skin????

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Not a reason to give her TWO in one pack, while some characters have zero extra skins.

This was enough for her:

ESonnYcXQAAVXiE

Each character will probably be getting a 3-pack skin at some point, and the extra single skins are a bonus that will give some characters a second.

Plus Jacqui is a good pick for a female Spawn given the military theme with weapons.

It's such a non-issue.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

This was enough for her:

ESonnYcXQAAVXiE

Hellspawn Jacqui is its own thing and not included in this pack.

Seriously, was there this much complaining about free skins when Cassie got two of them a few months ago?
hqdefault.jpg
cassie-cage-mortal-kombat-mk11-classic-cassie-hd-wallpaper-thumb.jpg

And Jacqui having a She-Spawn skin is great.
Looks like they even gave her bone-themed gauntlets like her old figure used to have.
4fcrHBP9vUxxzwPhVUAaA0gJ0R_5BSTXDdRW8PFYSqHv-Vw_ReQvRwXhY4svGSiAJYsTyRRWaPlDJJ5wi2qd95BnQp0UGQckgeE7br5irq199hq8jAEALmmCde23INAIwnWwVgPnOIbITzcFJtIQ8jf51A

Oct 27, 2017
Hellspawn Jacqui is its own thing and not included in this pack.

Seriously, was there this much complaining about free skins when Cassie got two of them a few months ago?
hqdefault.jpg
cassie-cage-mortal-kombat-mk11-classic-cassie-hd-wallpaper-thumb.jpg

And Jacqui having a She-Spawn skin is great.
Looks like they even gave her bone-themed gauntlets like her old figure used to have.
4fcrHBP9vUxxzwPhVUAaA0gJ0R_5BSTXDdRW8PFYSqHv-Vw_ReQvRwXhY4svGSiAJYsTyRRWaPlDJJ5wi2qd95BnQp0UGQckgeE7br5irq199hq8jAEALmmCde23INAIwnWwVgPnOIbITzcFJtIQ8jf51A

There definitely was complaining about the "klassic" Cassie skin tbf

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There definitely was complaining about the "klassic" Cassie skin tbf
Wasn't that more due to how underwhelming the design was (and how was it "classic" in the first place)? Not that she got multiple skins back-to-back?

I mean, people also complained about the Vargas Sub-Zero skin, but not the quantity of skins Sub-Zero got.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't that more due to how underwhelming the design was (and how was it "classic" in the first place)? Not that she got multiple skins back-to-back?

I mean, people also complained about the Vargas Sub-Zero skin, but not the quantity of skins Sub-Zero got.

I think people have complained about Johnny/Cassie getting multiple costumes in a short amount of time too; although I think the significant complaining about Jacqui here might also stem from the general resentment against the character from a competitive standpoint tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Do we think NRS was holding Kombat Pack 2 and Remasters announcements for EVO and weren't able to get them out in time for Final Kombat when that fell through? Or maybe they just announce them at Combo Breaker now and get the full-on community support?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do we think NRS was holding Kombat Pack 2 and Remasters announcements for EVO and weren't able to get them out in time for Final Kombat when that fell through? Or maybe they just announce them at Combo Breaker now and get the full-on community support?
*shrug* I'm very certain they had big EVO plans. They've been very adamant up to this point that they intended to support MK11 longer than any of their previous fighters.

They'll still be there for the side tournaments, but I don't know if they'll do a big announcement without having a center stage to do it on. Combo Breaker might be the alternative.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

No because if we havent gotten the new dlc by the time EVO happens, the game is dead.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

For MK11, I don't think so. Around this time (one year after release) is when the last DLC character & Komplete edition is typically announced. Evo is too far out to leave things hanging with no news. I'd expect some news by the one year mark next month. Either ending support with a Komplete package or KP2. I'm expecting the latter.

I don't think WB cares much about timing their announcements with tourneys anymore except for their own big finals.

For the rumored collection, they can do that any time. Boon can easily get the hype train going with Twitter teases and announcements of announcements.

Xia

Banned
Feb 1, 2020
The music in Spawn trailer was done by Trivium, mixing two songs from their upcoming album. Songs are IX and Scattering the Ashes. Album will be released in next month.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Is anyone playing on the new patch? Im on PC so i do not have access, apparently they changed the on block and on hit input buffer window, according some people, making the game more responsive, is anyone noticing anything different when punishing and comboing?

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone playing on the new patch? Im on PC so i do not have access, apparently they changed the on block and on hit input buffer window, according some people, making the game more responsive, is anyone noticing anything different when punishing and comboing?

I haven't played it yet, but the general consensus is that unsafe stuff is easier to punish, and tight combos are easier to execute with that change.

Sounds good to me!

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
Huh, when did that happen? I played about 1 pm pst, and didn't notice a change. Will have to try later tonight see if it feels better.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The patch gave Jade's classic costume purple effects, but it apparently messed up the colors on quite a few of Jade's projectiles and items, including the Halloween and Kronika ones which had blue, orange, and purple effects. I can't imagine why they would intentionally change that. They were so cool before.

I really hope this was just a bug, because I used some of those specifically for the effect colors.

Osu 16 Bit Is this a bug and can you address it on the stream?

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Huh, when did that happen? I played about 1 pm pst, and didn't notice a change. Will have to try later tonight see if it feels better.
The on block buff is definitely in, it's in todays patch notes, the on hit is the one i'm on the fence.

Check out Ketchup and mustard Youtube Channel, they go in depth about It.

Last edited:

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
The patch gave Jade's classic costume purple effects, but it apparently messed up the colors on quite a few of Jade's projectiles and items, including the Halloween and Kronika ones which had blue, orange, and purple effects. I can't imagine why they would intentionally change that. They were so cool before.

I really hope this was just a bug, because I used some of those specifically for the effect colors.

Osu 16 Bit Is this a bug and can you address it on the stream?

yeah, I saw. Not sure TBH. Will find out tomorrow. Unlikely I'll have an answer for the stream though.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
It's funny to me how they buffed Kitana who wasn't even in a bad spot at all, while they literally ignored low tier characters like Skarlet, SK and Raiden. They are not playing favorites, not at all... MKX history is repeating...

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I like how Johnny gets nerfed but Liu Kang doesn't get touched.

As if Liu Kang being johnny with 7 viable krushing blows isn't a problem. Johnny's only realistic KB in Outtake is d2.

Half the cast has non sensical KBs.
I'm kind of sick of this honestly, kind of hope they redo the entire cast and just give everybody proper KBs that are possible to get in real matches and normalize their other tools if they feel too strong with KBs on top.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Also Cetrion. She is big pain in the ass, they didn't even touch her.
Just compare Cetrion as a zoner to Skarlet, even Jade can outzone Skarlet easily.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
What are her good normals? Almost everything had gaps and is super slow/punishable.

Haven't played her since last year so my memory is fuzzy on the notations but she had really good pokes and with proper spacing most of those were safe.
And her counter makes baiting punishes actually viable if you were too close.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Also Cetrion. She is big pain in the ass, they didn't even touch her.
Just compare Cetrion as a zoner to Skarlet, even Jade can outzone Skarlet easily.

With good use of the tentacle, Skarlet can out zone Jade quite well. The difference in Skarlet matches I've played when Skarlet players incorporate it well is huge.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately not but I think one of the outros shows his maskless face.

No playable maskless version? That's absolute madness. I honsetly can't believe that.

Why even have this whole gear/skin system if you put Spawn in the game with a million costume pieces and don't have that look? It's been a staple variation dating back to the original line of figures. Didn't Soul Calibur have a maskless version? I figured each skin might have two options.

Plus the shoelace face dates back to meeting Batman and the game already under the WB umbrella. How can they not have that nod? or even the maskless face without it?

I get not being able to use some Terminator looks due to movie studio rights, but didn't McFarlane just tell NRS to have at it? I don't get it.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
No playable maskless version? That's absolute madness. I honsetly can't believe that.

Why even have this whole gear/skin system if you put Spawn in the game with a million costume pieces and don't have that look? It's been a staple variation dating back to the original line of figures. Didn't Soul Calibur have a maskless version? I figured each skin might have two options.

Plus the shoelace face dates back to meeting Batman and the game already under the WB umbrella. How can they not have that nod? or even the maskless face without it?

I get not being able to use some Terminator looks due to movie studio rights, but didn't McFarlane just tell NRS to have at it? I don't get it.

Agreed. It's probably the only glaring omission at an otherwise amazing attention to detail and respect to the characters origins.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. It's probably the only glaring omission at an otherwise amazing attention to detail and respect to the characters origins.

I'd trade NRS' take on Spawn and have all those skins be maskless versions of the other skins if I had the choice.
Even the outro doesn't really spend much time on his maskless face. I wonder if they didn't want to bother animating it. A real shame considering their facial animation tech. It could have looked awesome. Sound silly, buy I'm really bummed.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Where's the Al Simmons skin HEH ?

Nah I get you, if Ash drops without a young skin ( that looks good, unlike Terminator's weird lipless face ) I'm going to be super salty.

3cc43880ee119871dc42f2c1d92b06fe.jpg

I want that hair and those clothes, you can make two skins out of it, normal and battle damage (torn + scars).

Oct 27, 2017
So, I had largely taken a break from the game past few months. I noticed that the Classic female Ninja skins were offered at the end of last year in the shop for rift crystals, is there no way to get them now? I don't even see them under the list of skins in the customization tab. Is there a way of knowing when they reappear in the shop? I really want them.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So wait the patch we got is .... supposed to be season 2... ?

That's incredibly underwhelming if so.

So, I had largely taken a break from the game past few months. I noticed that the Classic female Ninja skins were offered at the end of last year in the shop for rift crystals, is there no way to get them now? I don't even see them under the list of skins in the customization tab. Is there a way of knowing when they reappear in the shop? I really want them.

I don't think so my dude, I think they were time limited.

Oct 27, 2017
So wait the patch we got is .... supposed to be season 2... ?

That's incredibly underwhelming if so.

I don't think so my dude, I think they were time limited.
What the fuck, why? They put all that work into making them, only to be available for a short period of time and never again? This is complete shit. This really tanks my interest in the game.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck, why? They put all that work into making them, only to be available for a short period of time and never again? This is complete shit. This really tanks my interest in the game.

We do not know.

We don't know why it's literal hell to unlock brutalities.
Why you just can't buy skins (that can be offered on the store with a time limit for players that play frequently, as a freebie reward).
Why 70% of the cast has impossible krushing blows.
Why some characters have beautiful animations like Kitana and some are straight from MKX like Terminator.

We have no idea what's going on.