• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HYPED?!

• HELL YEAH, GET OVER HERE

Votes: 649 60.7%
  • Nope. I'm gonna stay over here thank you very much.

Votes: 190 17.8%
  • Undecided, need to see more before I head over there.

Votes: 230 21.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Mortal-Kombat-11-Cover-Art_01-10-19.jpg

mortal-kombat-11-logo-01-ps4-us-10dec18

REVEAL TRAILER:

INFO:
  • Weapons are coming back in a new way
  • Gear system from Injustice 2 is returning in a slightly different manner
  • New Kharacter: Geras - Sands of Time themed guy
    • Has an ability called Lost Time & Spare Time
      • (2 Slot) Add or Remove Time from the Round Clock
    • Has ability called Reawakened
      • (2 Slot) Rewinds time to resurrect himself if he dies in a round
    • Has ability called Reverse Time
      • (3 Slot) Rewinds time to actions for both players in the match
    • Has ability called Stepping Back
      • (2 Slot) Can cancel out of attacks and rewind time for himself
  • Two meters instead of one shared like before: Weapon meter and Breaker meter
  • Fatal Blow is a new attack that you get access to when you have extremely low health (looks like <15%, might be <30%)
  • Revealed roster so far: Scorpion, Sub Zero, Baraka, Sonya, Scarlett, Raiden, Geras
  • Kabal teased
  • Environment interactions return, including environment weapons, from MKX
  • Three-class system returns
  • Classes can be customized with gear system. Perfect merger between MKX and Injustice 2. You can name your custom class
  • 25 Kharacters + Shao Khan for an initial roster of 26
  • 17 Stages
  • Customization Options include Gear, Kosmetics, Abilities, and AI behavior for Single-Player matches
  • Multiple fatalities per character as usual
  • Bloodiest/Most Brutal MK yet

CUSTOMIZATION: ( video courtesy of ItIsOkBro )

they've gone absolutely bananas with the customization. customizable intros, win poses...

Customization options include:

Variations 1, 2, 3
  • Gear:
    • Head/Face
    • Arm/Hand
    • Weapon/Accessory
  • Kosmetics:
    • Cinematics:
      • Intro Poses
      • Victory Poses
      • End of Round Taunts
    • Brutalities
    • Fatalities
    • Skins
      • Mortal
      • Elder
      • Mythic
  • Abilities:
    • Ability Slot 1
    • Ability Slot 2
    • Ability Slot 3
  • AI Behavior:
    • Grappling
    • Rushdown
    • Kombos
    • Reversal
    • Zoning
    • Runaway

Meters:
WIvYhCM.png

Kharacter Selection:
mNdGCFx.png

Gear System:
ijnG4OP.png

q6eJumS.png

Stage Selection:
UWsIcpb.png

TOWERS OF TIME PREVIEW:

Thanks to Harpoon for the video link:

Sneak peek at the Towers of Time.

KHARACTERS:

Thanks to shawnoftheshred for this quick summary:

Updated and clarified character confirmations and speculation based on new information revealed overnight, and cleaned up to be clear about who is 100% confirmed vs. who is heavily assumed to be confirmed.

Please let me know if I've missed anything?

Characters revealed as playable (100% confirmed)
  1. Baraka (one of 7 characters playable at the event)
  2. Geras (one of 7 characters playable at the event - character uses hourglass sand as a weapon/teleport, can do interesting things like change the game's timer speed)
  3. Kabal (shown on stage, running past the screen, and confirmed as the character who will be featured on the first Kombat Kast in two weeks)
  4. Raiden (one of 7 characters playable at the event)
  5. Scorpion (one of 7 characters playable at the event)
  6. Shao Kahn (pre-order character, not yet seen in-game)
  7. Skarlet (one of 7 characters playable at the event, returning character, blood-focused attacks)
  8. Sonya (one of 7 characters playable at the event, voiced by Ronda Rousey)
  9. Sub-Zero (one of 7 characters playable at the event)
Characters not seen yet as playable, but considered as in the game via "soft locks" (either playable or in story content)
Even though some of the characters are seen in fights or in menus, and most are assuming are confirmed, there are two things to consider:
- MKX had you fight characters in story mode that never became playable. Rain is a prime example.
- MKX and Injustice 2 had characters in towers/multiverses that never became available, they were simply assists or modifiers.
That said, here's the evidence we have to suggest these characters are **very likely** appearing.
  1. Cassie Cage (she's seen in the Devblog video, identifiable by her dog tags, in what looks like a fight intro talking to Kitana. Beyond that, she's visible in the local fight menu fighting against Kano (or Kano's son).
  2. Jade (a pro player had her listed as their MK11 main, but this could have just been wishful thinking/trolling, as to the best of my knowledge, no images of her have shown up in game yet).
  3. Johnny Cage (seen in the background of a stage. As well, in the devblog you can see his character model performing an x-ray or fatality type move. It is not possible to say that he's playable and not just someone you fight in story mode, but most people are assuming based on that evidence that he will in fact be playable). A screen grab shows the text "Johnny Wins" further supporting his status as a playable character.
  4. Kano (or Kano's son). Kano is seen in the background of a bar stage. A character that looks like Kano is shown in the "Local Fight" menu image, fighting who we assume is Cassie Cage ("Cage" on the back of the outfit suggests it's not Sonya). I took this to mean it's Kano, but many people, including Maximillian's crew, say that it is actually Kano's son and that Kano is not playable. If there's any actual evidence to say it's one or the other, I will update this).
  5. Kitana (in a devblog, Cassie Cage looks to be in a character intro talking to Kitana. Kitana is also the character on the menu for "Kustomize," which one would rightfully assume means she's playable).
  6. Kronika (she features heavily in the story mode trailer, and previously is shown in the cinematic trailer. Largely assumed to be the main antoganist. Recently MKX and Injustice series have had their boss characters be playable, but we haven't actually seen her playable yet. Her powers are based on controlling time, and evidently she has set everything in motion up until the events of MKX).
  7. Kung-Lao (his revenant and non-revanant versions are seen fighting each other in the devblog, young, non-revenant Kung-Lao is heavily featured in the story mode trailer. That said, Fujin was in the story mode of MKX but never became playable). It is largely assumed he will be playable with revenant/non-revenant forms being selectable).
  8. Liu Kang (you see his revenant form fighting against Raiden in the gameplay tailer briefly, he's seen throwing a fireball in what could be a character intro or outro, his young looking non-revenant form is clearly a big part of MK11's story (seen with non-revenant, young looking Kung Lao), Raiden directly says he's going to see him in MK11's prologue, and MKX sets up his revenant form to be a huge part of the story mode. That said, there's a 0.001% chance that he's in story mode but not playable. It's assumed that revenant/non-revenant forms will be selectable).
  9. Noob Saibot (he is the character on the "Towers of Time" menu screen. That said, there is nothing to suggest if this means he's a playable character or just an assist/modifier in the towers of time).
  10. Rain (Rain is seen as the main character in the Konquest menu (well, a character that wears an outfit VERY sinilar to his MKX version with purple on it). SonicFox listed him as his main in MK11 on stage, though that could have just been a troll, not actual information)
  11. Reptile (his Spanish voice actor tweeted that the role had been recast. It's impossible to know if it's actually recast, or he doesn't appear in the game...or if it was recast, that he's in the game, but not actually playable).
  12. Smoke (Smoke (ninja form) is seen as the character on the menu for "Characters." That said, it's impossible to know if "characters" means playable characters or just characters seen in the game in some form or other).
That's 21 characters, either confirmed or who have evidence (varying in how convincing), to suggest that they are playable. The character select screen shows 25 slots. What is not known:
  • is the 25 slots actually indicative of the final menu screen
  • is Shao Kahn included in the 25 slots, or does he represent the 26th?
Beyond that, Mortal Kombat X included two kombat packs (4 characters each). MK11 has announced that their kombat pack will include 6 characters. It is not known if there will be a 2nd Kombat Pack or not.

Characters assumed to not be playable:
- Shinnok (see story mode breakdown below)

Story Mode Prologue:
-
Shinnok tortured by Dark Raiden, who is wearing Shinnok's amulet.
- Raiden says he will deliver Shinnok's decapitated head to Liu Kang + his "minions" as a message.
- Kronika freeze time, heavily implied time travel is key.
- Characters will meet themselves from different times.

Gameplay details:
- Variations - there are some pre-sets in game, but you can create your own
- Each variation allows you to change: introduction animation, victory pose, round taunt, possibly fatalities/brutalities and some extra moves (hard to tell from what we see) and 3 x costume pieces (Scorpion was mask + sword + spear)
- On top of this you can change the gear/colour of your character. They showed a good 10 or so Scorpion variations that looked fantastic.
- Instead of one bar to control breakers, meter burn + x-ray moves, there is now an offensive bar, a defensive bar and the fatal blow mechanic.
- The fatal blow mechanic kicks in at low health left. Pretty LT + RT unleashes it (very gory, very high damaging move, but if I'm not mistaken, does not show x-rays). You can only land this once per match.
- X-ray animations are no longer tied to the flashy super moves, they can be a part of simple moves like throws. They are called crushing blows and do a lot of damage (each has a different requirement - some are doing punishes, some are doing same move three times, third time it crushes, etc.). Each crushing blow can only be done once per match.
- There is a flawless block mechanic. If you press block at the exact right time you open your opponent up to a counter move. You can have this be the first block on a string, or if there is enough of a gap between hits in a string, you can sometimes flawless block a 2nd or 3rd hit.
- There is a shorthop mechanic (tap up) allowing you to punish low attacks.
- Run is completely gone, now it's walk and dash only.
- Stage interactions return.
- Fatalities are back (obviously) and very gory and end with the slow-down animation that Injustice 2 used.
- Brutalities are back (you see them on the customize character screen).
- Computer AI programming returns from Injustice 2 (you see the attributes on the customize character screen).
- Animations look better overall, but still some weird 'fence punching' and awkward idle poses so far.

Stages:
- Courtyard (w/ dead monks)
- Military base
- Area outside a fort w/ gate
- Area inside a fort or temple
- A boat (?)
- Cage fighting in a bar (w/ Kano in the background)
- Looks to be 17 stages total, but that could be temporary.

Kollector's Edition:

8828dee5-55e6-440f-ad4a-a467fcef6fc6.jpeg

Comes with a Steelbook, a Magnet, and a Replica 1:1 Scale Scorpion Mask (from what they've announced so far). $299.99 USD, GameStop Exclusive

Twitter announcement for Kollector's Edition:

CONSOLE PREMIUM EDITION:

Additionally, there is a Premium Edition that is listed on Amazon for $99.99 USD:

• The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own.
  • The new graphics engine showcasing every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it.
  • And featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat's best in class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making.
  • The Premium Edition will include (Full game, Kombat Pack, Steelcase)

Kombat Pack includes 6 fighters each with 1 week Early Access, 7 skins, and 7 Gear sets.

PC Minimum Specs:

Fmagx1Q.png

PC Premium Edition:
O26frjt.png

Steam Store Page and Preorder Live

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Posted this in the other thread

Looking at the gameplay reveal trailer and that Kabal tease, the roster so far seems to be

1. Scorpion
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Raiden
  4. Sonya
  5. Skarlet
  6. Baraka
  7. Geras
  8. Kronika
  9. Liu Kang
  10. Kung Lao
  11. Kabal
14 slots left

cyrix

Oct 27, 2017
Fatal Blow is a new attack that you get access to when your opponent is in extremely low health (looks like <15%)
pretty sure you get the fatal blow when YOUR health is low, not your opponents? the name is kinda misleading in that sense. Also i seem to recall Ed saying it was at 30% but i might be crazy on that.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch the stream, any mention of Brutalities? Those were infinitely cooler than the Fatalities in MKX.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is running still in the game? That was my least favorite part of MKX. Run cancels made the game too complicated to me.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So did the combat change similar to capcom games? Thats all I want to know, cause if not its gonna be the same thing.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got my boy Kabal back so hell yeah I'm hyped. Skarlet and Geras look great too.

Nov 3, 2017
pretty sure you get the fatal blow when YOUR health is low, not your opponents? the name is kinda misleading in that sense. Also i seem to recall Ed saying it was at 30% but i might be crazy on that.

he said 30% but visually on the bar it's like 15% (and it is when your health is low)

You only get 1 fatal blow per match

You only get to hit one, you can attempt it and whiff and it'll come back

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like for the game being only 3 months away they should've revealed a lot more than they did.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Baraka looks pretty dope, and don't really like geras overall look, but he's got a pretty cool moveset. I really dig his xray special.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Everything looked amazing except the Ronda Rousey Sonya Blade, she sounds bored.

Now, 3 characters from MK9 that are not present in X made it, hope this means Sindel is next.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the new kids from mkx are in their. I liked those characters alot. Any idea of where this place takes in the time line

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Revealing nearly half the roster + all the game mechanics + the entire prologue wasn't enough for you?
The prologue was nice, but could've been left out. It revealed basically nothing.
Two of the revealed characters were already known, so I feel like they should've shown exactly half of em.
As for the game mechanics honestly, they're not really exciting for me. It just looks like more MK X with a bit of Injustice 2 in there. Was hoping for more innovation.

But that's just me. I'm more of a casual fighting game player anyway.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping LK and KL are playable and not just background characters in the story.
Same, but I'm hoping it's the revenant versions of them that are playable in story mode. Mk story modes desperately need more chapters where you play as the villains so they don;t come across like total jobbers the way they did in the past two games.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
The prologue was nice, but could've been left out. It revealed basically nothing.
Two of the revealed characters were already known, so I feel like they should've shown exactly half of em.
As for the game mechanics honestly, they're not really exciting for me. It just looks like more MK X with a bit of Injustice 2 in there. Was hoping for more innovation.

But that's just me. I'm more of a casual fighting game player anyway.

They brought back weapons from Deadly Alliance and Deception and incorporated them to styles/gear/meter. That's a huge overhaul from MKX.

Same, but I'm hoping it's the revenant versions of them that are playable in story mode. Mk story modes desperately need more chapters where you play as the villains so they don;t come across like total jobbers the way they did in the past two games.

I don't think that'll be the case. I'm more worried about the bullshit endgame bossfights that have input read trash. Injustice 2's Brainiac on the Hardest difficulty was a fucking bitch to beat.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a screen shot of the fighting abilities floating around. Trying to explain it to friends but they keep saying it's fighting stances again.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
The problem with this is that the villains would probably kill the heroes after beating them, unless they operate on Bond villain logic.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with this is that the villains would probably kill the heroes after beating them, unless they operate on Bond villain logic.
They could always come up with ridiculous contrivances to keep the ehroes alive. A bit dumb for sure, but better than watching characters like Sheeva and Reptile lose every single fight they get into.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I expected more from this, if I'm being perfectly honest.

The game doesn't look like much of an advance over MKX (or better yet Injustice 2) in terms of graphics or gameplay.

Some of the hype from 2 months back suggested this would be something revolutionary, and it simply isn't.

I am curious to see what single player content there is, as that's been the series' strength, but today's reveal didn't particularly excite me, even though I like the series.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Is there a screen shot of the fighting abilities floating around. Trying to explain it to friends but they keep saying it's fighting stances again.
mk11stance.png

So here's the thing:

You have 3 stances like MKX

HOWEVER, you also get customizable abilities like Injustice 2 via the Kustomization system:

mk11gear.png

Basically you pick a stance and you can customize that stance with its own gear, cosmetics, and abilities. I'd image that each stance has its own breadth of abilities that you can unlock using some sort of gear (like how Injustice 2 had it).

TLDR:
Your Abilities are tied to your Stance, and each Stance will have multiple abilities that can be swapped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.