• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HYPED?!

• HELL YEAH, GET OVER HERE

Votes: 649 60.7%
  • Nope. I'm gonna stay over here thank you very much.

Votes: 190 17.8%
  • Undecided, need to see more before I head over there.

Votes: 230 21.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I hope Ermac is in the game. I will be flabbergasted and flip my shit if a fool like Rain makes it in but he doesn't. But if Ermac ain't in, I look forward to Skarlet.
Ermac is one of the rumoured DLC characters, but who knows at this point, most rumours are wrong in one way or another.
I want him in just so I can make him look like a red ninja again. I miss that.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I haven't played an MK game since the last one on PS2 but I'm thinking of getting into this one. This last year really got me back into fighters with DBFZ, SC VI, and Smash (yeah, I'm putting it here) so I'm feeling like the same is going to happen with MK. Now I just hope my boy Cyrax is in this one.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ermac is one of the rumoured DLC characters, but who knows at this point, most rumours are wrong in one way or another.
I want him in just so I can make him look like a red ninja again. I miss that.

I got a feeling Ermac is getting dumped for Shang Tsung's return, if Ermac's MKX ending is anything to go by. Can't have too many guys throwing green shit around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
At the very least he'll be a DLC character, Reptile is in like every game. Wouldn't be shocked if Ermac sits this one out though if Smoke, Noob, and Rain are in.

I would LOVE to see a current gen Noob and current Smoke. We KINDA got Smoke in MKX through Triborg, but it aint the same man!

Noob on the other hand makes PERFECT SENSE to include in a story all about Time Travel. His Portal Kombat in modern gen MK would look fucking fantastic!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
$500AUD for that...lmfao. These CE prices are getting worse and worse. Who the hell buys these things at launch? Half of them up on on sale 6 months later for a quarter of the price.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Obviously they're still on their first day of playing it, but Maximillian doesn't sound super jazzed about it. Not super negative, but he seems to love everything else but the gameplay is just fine. Seems like the game is going to be super rewarding to projectiles like Injustice.

Talking about it now.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
First off, Osu 16 Bit I had not seen you since before your weight loss and you look phenomenal. Very proud and happy for you, man.

So the link system thing was blown massively out of proportion. It's just that d1 can cancel into combo which could be done in Injustice anyway. (Unless there's something I'm missing).

I'm excited for the game but it definitely plays a lot differently than I expected. No run mechanic is a bummer but oh well. Seems like combos are a lot shorter now. Also NJP volley being gone is another unexpected change.

MK11= MK9 + MKX + I2 + SF3 Third Strike + SCVI.
I love all these games so bring it on lol.

Edit: Like the post above mentioned, I too am worried about zoning being WAY too strong. I did notice MB rolls which will help... A little. Seems like whoever has the best range is at the greatest advantage right now but I mean we've barely seen anything yet so who knows.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Obviously they're still on their first day of playing it, but Maximillian doesn't sound super jazzed about it. Not super negative, but he seems to love everything else but the gameplay is just fine. Seems like the game is going to be super rewarding to projectiles like Injustice.

Talking about it now.

Really? I've been watching for 30 mins or so and they've all been super positive or at least that's my impression from it so far.

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Really? I've been watching for 30 mins or so and they've all been super positive or at least that's my impression from it so far.
Maybe they started with the negative stuff, because they're getting more positive.

I think they're more just having to adjust to things. It's such a different type of MK.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was about to say. I've been watching since he started streaming tonight and it sounds like they've been more positive than negative.

Deleted member 30935

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah I was about to say. I've been watching since he started streaming tonight and it sounds like they've been more positive than negative.
He's back on the negatives again, which unfortunately is gameplay stuff. The think the presentation is possibly the best in any fighting game ever, but as they just put it, the gameplay feels a little dry and doesn't seem to reward creativity. They also thinks it's way too slow, wanting it to be "25% faster."

Still, we're prelaunch with 3 hours of game time. Who knows if there's some mechanics that'll change that. They even mentioned they didn't like MKX at first and it grew on them immensely.

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Geras looks hot. Love his style!

As someone who felt pretty "meh" about MKX's newbies overall, it's already a good sign that 11's newbies interest me quite a bit.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Scorpion will be nothing but Hanzo Hasashi costumes for me. Him regaining his life human form was such a great thing to see in MKX and I cared less about the original form ever since.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm annoyed that the premium edition seems only to be for XBO and PS4 which means I guess I'm going to have to pay more for the DLC just because I'm a Switch user? I'm incredibly disappointed.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
Not really. Cassie had far more of Johnny's personality in her moves than Sonya by far (she was more of a mix). If Cassie's in, she needs to be a showboat, punching crotches, texting between fights, and being unruly throughout the match.

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9567mwpyrjks4k08g0cookooc_640.gif
preach, bring back my main!

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
I'm annoyed that the premium edition seems only to be for XBO and PS4 which means I guess I'm going to have to pay more for the DLC just because I'm a Switch user? I'm incredibly disappointed.
As far as we know, is actually 1 cent less buying by separate. ($59.99 + $39.99=$99.98 vs. $99.99).

Partner went to preorder the Kollector's Edition, but shipping is $130... :(

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
As far as we know, is actually 1 cent less buying by separate. ($59.99 + $39.99=$99.98 vs. $99.99).

Partner went to preorder the Kollector's Edition, but shipping is $130... :(

I may even have it cheaper at £40 (although PS4 and XBO were cheaper at £38) so maybe with DLC I'd have cheated the system :p

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Gameplay and actual fighting looks a little dull. Highlights are the gore and specials/fatalities, that's where the crowd goes crazy.

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Max's stream, I saw Scorpion doing his spear and doing a sword attack where he pulls them behind him. So it doesn't stun them anymore where he does his spear attack without meter?

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Gameplay and actual fighting looks a little dull. Highlights are the gore and specials/fatalities, that's where the crowd goes crazy.
They are damn cool the first time you see them, but it gets old soon. I kind of wish they wouldn't have any camera cuts in the fatalities, like the old days. Just a little zoom in maybe. Now it feels like just a cut scene instead of it being part of the fight.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I always loved this franchise, but its becoming too much realistic so its gore is starting to be disturbing to me... :/
But still i'm excited.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Game looks great.
Removed the silly run button? Check.
Shorter combos so the game isn't 50/50 - the game anymore? Check.
Improved the animations a bit? Kinda.
Added more color to both fighters and arenas? Check.
More arenas? Check.
Custom variations? Check.
Kabal? Check.
All I hope is that the costumes and colors are not locked behind some stupid mtx wall.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Yeah I don't see Max's points about the game but then again I haven't played it.

It seems like a massive upgrade in every way from MKX. No more running, better combo system, tighter animations, more color, Injustice 2 style customization, and the graphics are dramatically better in general.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Game looks amazing. But the new character is so bad.
His animation is great. The design very lousy.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Nope. Didnt in mkx either. Dont remember mk9

? You could stun without MB spear. If you MB spear you get that fire down the chain animation. Could be variation differences. Or it could have been QOL nerfed at some point in time and I didn't catch it (not a big scorpion fan lol). But I know for a fact at one time you could meterless stun around launch.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to get in to MK with this title, but the whole custom character build thing has me worried. I wonder what the rules on it are going to be for competitive play.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
? You could stun without MB spear. If you MB spear you get that fire down the chain animation. Could be variation differences. Or it could have been QOL nerfed at some point in time and I didn't catch it (not a big scorpion fan lol). But I know for a fact at one time you could meterless stun around launch.

No, you are right. I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.