• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
So you have no idea what you're talking about, and don't want to do the legwork. Got it.

Using MK9's fixed, non-randomized tower and hazards and effects that apply to both player and CPU in most cases is not a good counterargument here at all. This shit in MK11 just throws a bunch of BS at the player that most can't skill through and demands the players use konsumables to even up the odds.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do I start my preload on ps4? When I go to the normal or premium edition page I don't see an option

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Glad they are tweaking progression. Seems like they can push some fixes out without a patch? I guess Towers are handled server side in terms of rewards. I still think the game will need an actual patch to fix stuff like unfair modifiers and the brutal AI though.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like they can fix this with relative ease.

Good because I'd hate for the quality of this game to be overshadowed by fucking cosmetic loot crates.

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I'm having a bear of a time with what SHOULD be a simple question. I'm sure I've missed it somewhere but I suck at finding things. When the hell EST does MK11 unlock on Switch? Noon on the 23rd or Midnight on the 23rd? I swear I thought until today that it read that it would unlock on 4/22/19.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
If this game would have beta tested all of its modes it could've had a 90+ metacritic. I can see the GOTY edition reviewing well into the 90's.

NRS has returned fighting games back to its heyday.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if someone with Switch version (apparently already unlocked in some countries) could open a Switch impressions thread, since we got no review?

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
(oh crap sry double posted, I thought this thread was moving faster)

This is a little concerning. Based on the record or most NRS releases am I skipping the PC version for the time being.

I know that XL released in an acceptable state but not risking it.

this goes without saying but since Steam now has the 2 hour refund window it's probably a lot less risky going with that ver. Publishers know they cant just-- you know, just release something in a broken state and expect it to sale thru.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
What's interesting is that if they just removed the Towers of Time and Krypt all together, the game would have a higher score. This game is more polished and has more content than any other fighter. It deserves to be the highest rated fighter of this gen.
It does? Smash holds that candle...

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
8/10 from Gamecentral:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/23/mortal-kombat-11-review-bloody-terrific-9288256/

sumup:

In Short: Mortal Kombat continues to excel in areas that other fighting games ignore, with a new sequel that impresses in terms of both visuals and gameplay.
Pros: Fantastic presentation and gloriously shlocky story mode. Streamlined gameplay works very well, with plenty of depth while still being very accessible – in part thanks to excellent tutorials.
Cons: Towers of Time are weirdly unbalanced and very frustrating to play through. No major new ideas. Loot box concerns need to be clarified.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Klassic theme in the game somehow like in the credits or the final credits, or just in the launch trailer? If so, then this sucks.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Have they clarified exactly what they're doing to "fix" the towers? Or have they just said they're going to tune them a little better?

Waiting to hear how this pans out, I have my finger hovering over buy...

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Have they clarified exactly what they're doing to "fix" the towers? Or have they just said they're going to tune them a little better?

Waiting to hear how this pans out, I have my finger hovering over buy...

Maximillian Dood was streamin yesterday and very depressed about it. They must be trying to get it out quickly as damage control. I hope they do but also...really disappointing that it came to this.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
That score could easily being around 90+, the moment i saw the reports about the Krypt and Towers i knew this would happen.

What saddens me, is that we see the devs passion for the franchise and this game, and when it comes the core game they did everything right, but had to taint it with baffling decisions. They not only hurt themselves now, but even in future projects.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad grindy progression due to mtx is being brought to the forefront in multiple reviews now. Not seeing these aspects covered enough/given emphasis caused me to start doing my own reviews a few months ago.

I held off on purchasing this game because I didn't trust WB/NRS with this aspect and looks like I was right to hold off. Sucks because it does so much other stuff right that I wish all fighting games did, but this aspect itself being present means I'll be waiting for a decent discount before dipping my toes in.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can someone give a summary of what content is playable without internet? And what are the unlockables without going online? Thanks in advance!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wanna to write a post about this ,but it would be a novel because the content gating is so absurd and "time saver" unlock costs are ludicrous. But in my head I'm just thinking back to the SFxTekken controversy. This feels like this gen's version of that and not that far removed except when you compare pricing on paper SFxT it seems like a bargain on and this seems even more brazen given the "no loot box" patting on the back they gave themselves.

It does? Smash holds that candle...
This game makes me feel like an idiot I complained about having to unlock all the characters in Smash given the content, polish, and care put into it.
Heck, the Smash DLC actually feels worth the price too. I'm kinda floored Nintendo dared to sell a costume for $0.75. Can you imagine one of the other big publishers settling for less than $1? Are they mad? (Capcom sold SFxT costumes individually for $1 which seems funny thinking back to it).