• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Feel like them not allowing the custom variations is a huge blow to ranked and competitive. They might as well not exist.

It's very unfortunate cause this is a pivotal point in the MK competitive scene. MK is always gonna somewhat popular in competitive play but with SF V the way it is this was a chance for them to pounce.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been much news on the PC port of MK11? I just built a brand new PC and I'd love to run it on it, but when I search the history of MK and PC ports, it's kind of ugly.

I'm torn, I may just leave my XB1X copy preordered or even swap it to PS4 -- I'm at this weird point where I feel like I no longer have people to play with when normally I've got a solid group of Xbox friends!

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Feel like them not allowing the custom variations is a huge blow to ranked and competitive. They might as well not exist.

It's very unfortunate cause this is a pivotal point in the MK competitive scene. MK is always gonna somewhat popular in competitive play but with SF V the way it is this was a chance for them to pounce.
Full customization will 100% be in, they won't resist the pressure.

It's a matter of how long will it take for them to tweak the character selection UI for it.

May 26, 2018
Has there been much news on the PC port of MK11? I just built a brand new PC and I'd love to run it on it, but when I search the history of MK and PC ports, it's kind of ugly.

I'm torn, I may just leave my XB1X copy preordered or even swap it to PS4 -- I'm at this weird point where I feel like I no longer have people to play with when normally I've got a solid group of Xbox friends!

I know next to nothing, which is disconcerting. I bought the other ports and was seriously let down. I know a more competent team is behind 11, but I am waiting on reviews before I purchase this time. I have learned my lesson the hard way.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I know next to nothing, which is disconcerting. I bought the other ports and was seriously let down. I know a more competent team is behind 11, but I am waiting on reviews before I purchase this time. I have learned my lesson the hard way.

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting which is unfortunate. I'll stick to consoles again, I guess. I'd rather not chance it and whether I go PS4 Pro or XB1X, it's still going to look pretty damn nice.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can accept certain things from a marketing perspective for a while, but we're in the the endgame now. The fact that we haven't really seen any Switch footage or gotten a low down on the PC version considering how it went the last time is real dumb.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all confirmed it for me. Hoping for the best for anyone taking the plunge, but I'll stick with my console version for now.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Yeah but why didn't they plan it like this. Its such a damn obvious way to do it but instead they are restricting what could be one of the most fun and interesting parts of the game to casual play.
You're preaching to the converted (and the majority of the competitive community agrees fully too). Either they found it too hard to balance as they were making the game or assumed wrongly that the competitive crowd wouldn't want more variables to think about.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all confirmed it for me. Hoping for the best for anyone taking the plunge, but I'll stick with my console version for now.

For the 100th time, there is nothing to worry about with the PC port. Qloc is doing it, who fixed mkx with the xl release after the original company was fired. they also did injustice 2's pc version, which was great, and have done other great pc ports including USF4's pc version. They've all been done very well, and there is zero reason to be concerned. They are generally the best versions of those games as well.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Pro players being averse to customization in competitive play has been a thing since forever, of course they assumed they would get flack for it. They severely underestimated their capacity to create something great.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
For the 100th time, there is nothing to worry about with the PC port. Qloc is doing it, who fixed mkx with the xl release after the original company was fired. they also did injustice 2's pc version, which was great, and have done other great pc ports including USF4's pc version. They've all been done very well, and there is zero reason to be concerned. They are generally the best versions of those games as well.
Nothing is confirmed and there's no reason to suspect the PC version is bad.

You misread my post. I'm not saying it's confirmed to be a bad port. I'm saying considering the history and that the beta I played was super slick on XB1X, I'll play it safe. I just meant that it is confirmed I'll get it on console. No need to get all defensive, lol.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I fucking called that misery blade wouldn't be in a preset. Between not having enough presets to accommodate all moves and babies whining about MB being too strong I knew it was gonna get the shit end of the stick. We really need kustoms in ranked asap.

I mean, how many times does a WB published game have to be utter shit when it's release on PC will it take for people to not trust it at first with no info? The track record isn't great here...

Have you been in a coma?

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Nooooo!
Towers of Time is a online only mode :(
Not sure I'm getting this now.
The Krypt is locked off and you can't unlock Frost through story mode even though the game says you can. The day 1 patch might change things.
We can have custom variations for player matches right? Most of my time will be spent there
Until they inevitably add them to ranked due to the outcry, you'll have to stick to player matches yeah.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Same as the Multiverse mode in Injustice 2 then
Nope, multiverse can be played offline just fine.
The Krypt is locked off and you can't unlock Frost through story mode even though the game says you can. The day 1 patch might change things.
While I would love for them to patch in offline Towers of Time I just don't see it happening. They never did with The Living Towers in MK X.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017

Until they inevitably add them to ranked due to the outcry, you'll have to stick to player matches yeah.
Thank god they turned off stats in online. It will make Player Matches the go to way to play imo, until they add customs to ranked.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I mean, how many times does a WB published game have to be utter shit when it's release on PC will it take for people to not trust it at first with no info? The track record isn't great here...
QLOC's track record is pretty great. Plus it's like $20 duckets cheaper than the PS4 and XB1 versions. And the PC port still had the lowest input lag in MKX, despite the other issues.

And I'm too cheap to upgrade my Xbox 360 arcade stick. PC for me.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017

I'll be on Xbox.

My PS Pro is trying to kill itself.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Thank god they turned off stats in online. It will make Player Matches the go to way to play imo, until they add customs to ranked.
The only thing to worry about in player matches will be everyone declining you when you get a decent record.

I really hope they can add customs to ranked around the time of Shang Tsung's release, which is probably about three weeks after launch.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These Mileena fans... they act like she's never missed a game before. She missed MK3, MK4, MK:DA, MKvsDC and so on and so forth.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Coming into the thread seeing all these dead imgur links...

ClZQaw.gif

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017

Feel like the outcry is overblown because people can't play the games themselves.
No one can even confirm if these tourney variations are the ones we will see on day 1.

Lets play the game for a week or two before crying about no kustoms in rank.
I have a feeling that will be the least troubling thing of ranked mode.....

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Feel like the outcry is overblown because people can't play the games themselves.
No one can even confirm if these tourney variations are the ones we will see on day 1.

Lets play the game for a week or two before crying about no kustoms in rank.
I have a feeling that will be the least troubling thing of ranked mode.....

Why would that be the least troubling thing in ranked mode? Lol

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Just gonna throw this out there. Day 1 patch could introduce unlockables via Krypt because it needs to be online, so right now no one can play it online, right?

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
She's not my favorite character and I've never really played her more than a little bit, but I feel like she'll be unlockable. Still think the unlockables will be Rain, Mileena, Fujin and Sindel from the Krypt.

There are no unlockables. The best you can hope for is DLC. They aren't going to hide characters behind an online wall. People would go berserk.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Why would that be the least troubling thing in ranked mode? Lol
Will ranked mode have actual ranks?
Will profiles be hidden to avoid dodgers?
Will their be a promotion and demotion system based on who you win and lose to?
Will I be able to cue up for rank while in practice mode and searching other menus?
Will I be able to filter by connection?
Will it be best out of 3 or best out of 5?

Things that will actually make it a fruitful and comprehensive tournament experience are still up in the air. Folks are worried about kustom variations in ranked when we don't even know what features it will bring to differentiate itself from player match, especially when NRS has proven to never actually have any truly competitive features.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
She's not my favorite character and I've never really played her more than a little bit, but I feel like she'll be unlockable. Still think the unlockables will be Rain, Mileena, Fujin and Sindel from the Krypt.

The only other characters coming are in the DLC and there's no way Mileena is in when Kitana has a ton of her moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.