• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
CXXnbLr.png
The Cyber Initiative lives on.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why of all characters they'd want Frost to be the surprise.

Classic PS2 character that's been gone for a long while. One of the better ones...I guess.

Thing is, it's notvreally surprising because as soon as you load up the game and look at the character select, all you have to do is select the secret character slot and you will see Frost. Hardly a secret.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of NRS wanting to keep Frost a secret until release is silly, even ignoring the select screen leak.

Oct 26, 2017
If the roster hadn't been leaked via the select screen capture, and if the street date had not been broken, it's possible that folks would still be speculating who the hooded figure from the story trailer is.

As of this point, the only un-revealed character is Frost, and it seems NRS *really* wanted her to be a surprise.

It's tradition since MK9 for there to be a Sub Zero spin-off as a secret fighter.

You know, you're kind of right. I don't believe Cyber Sub-Zero was ever shown before MK9's launch, I remember him being leaked a few days before the game's release.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
If the roster hadn't been leaked via the select screen capture, and if the street date had not been broken, it's possible that folks would still be speculating who the hooded figure from the story trailer is.

As of this point, the only un-revealed character is Frost, and it seems NRS *really* wanted her to be a surprise.

Frost was getting outed before launch regardless. Early copies being sold for high profile releases is a regular occurrence as are early achievement lists. It's almost impossible to realistically avoid that, for better or worse. There's no real way to keep that a surprise unless you keep something off-disc with no related achievements until a day-one patch. It's a bit naive to assume otherwise.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of this, GO1 (one of the top Japanese SFV and DBZF players) wants to get into MK11. He's just unsure if he'll even be able to buy it in Japan

SonicFox told him that he'll buy a copy and send it over. And it looks like he's going to be teaching GO1 how to play.

That's really cool.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
What's up with Shao Kahn's armor? What's the story on its more ornate design?
They had to over-embellish someone in the Outworld's royal family since Kitana's outfit is more reasonable this time.

I really wish just one of the leaks would be some Switch gameplay. I'd like to not have to pay an extra $6 for Shao Kahn, but I want to be able to make an informed decision.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
The leaks have been so disappointing I actually spent the entire night reading books like some kinda dog at this rate I'll just have to play the game to learn everything about it!

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to pick up the game now too, just got a message it's been delivered to my local game shop. :)

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I hate it too I'm an online vs only kinda player, but you get gear from MP also. Plus you could set up your fighters AI stats and them do the work for you I guess.
Couldn't you send your AI out on missions or quests? I can't remember. Maybe that was only the mobile version of Injustice 2.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I hate it too I'm an online vs only kinda player, but you get gear from MP also. Plus you could set up your fighters AI stats and them do the work for you I guess.

Oh I didn't know you could get gear as drops I thought they got rid of that. I guess I could do that my laptop is right next to my PS4 so I could just watch Netflix or something. I'll probably just buy Noobs ninja outfit and a cool mask and wait for the next PSN sale to pick up some movies.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Derek said that they will put goodies across all modes to entice players who prefer singleplayer to try mp and vice versa.

Nice I was just worried it would end up like Injustice 2 where I spent way more of my time afk grinding the multiverse than I would doing what I actually found fun playing online.

I hardly know anything about the game because when Injustice 2 came out I knew so much about it I felt like I'd already been playing it for awhile so I decided to go into MK11 blind and it's driving me nuts cause I wanna know everything lol.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, picked up the game. It'll take a bit until I can fully dive in and unlock stuff. Characters start out with only one costume and a variation of that same costume. Frost is still locked and has to be unlocked in story mode and Shao Kahn can already be downloaded with a preorder bonus code. Here are a few pics of both characters:

47576431222_f275a0c33d_o.png

47576430502_4443fbe47b_o.png

46904919154_5c73db227b_o.png

47629183061_a54ebfd019_o.png

32686681887_f0c297e2f2_o.png

47629182301_3aaeccb80e_o.png

47576437572_f1bfeef0da_o.png

46713662815_ae45baa670_o.png

46713662225_eab7a426d9_o.png

The game looks so nice....

Status
Not open for further replies.