• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking upset

Ermac's dead in the Krypt with a new design

image0.jpg

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they listen to feedback and adjust both the apparent grind as well as the bizarre server requirements for... like, everything. It'll make the Switch version almost unplayable if that's the case.

Injustice 2 has a LOT of flaws (I'm still raging over how poorly it handles RNG and loot), but at the very least it let you do 95% of the single player stuff offline without needing a server.

Hopefully it's something they can patch, because with it currently enabled it's going to be a MAJOR hassle.

It wouldn't surprise me if Boon wanted to let zombies steal the Krypt guy's items when he was sleeping while you're offline.

So its like a more BS ver of smashs world of light?

I know some people hated WoL, but I had no issue with it and enjoyed my time with it. I never felt like it was designed to purposely mess with you to drive you to spend anything, and there were other ways to unlock characters if you didn't like it. It may have been bloated or boring, but it didn't feel slimy. Same with Shadow Lords mode in KI which had some of these similar power up elements, but never felt manipulative like you had to spend a cent. We'll see how this feels, but lets hope it's closer to those.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I will wait until I play around with the Towers of Time and the Krypt before I make a judgment on the supposed "grindiness" of the single player.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same.

He's got a new design though so he'll probably come back. I don't think they'd bother otherwise. They didn't for the other characters that show up.

Yeah the new design makes me have a sliver of hope he'll be DLC down the line. The other cameo in the krypt didn't have a new design so who knows. As of right now though it's just beyond cruel.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
OH COME ON

Was he voiced or anything? The fact they've gone to all this effort makes me think he might DLC at some point in the game's life.

Huge missed opportunity to post this gif, lol:

giphy.gif

I don't remember... Maybe him screaming while falling and some gargling sounds as he dies? ;)

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Can u unlock any customization items just by playing online matches? Or do u have to do single player

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
fingers crossed for PC trainers
I have a feeling one of the cheat engine geniuses will find a way.

Eh, not so sure about this. Remember that a lot of this game has online checks. If currency is a server side thing then you're kinda boned in that regard. And then you can get into a weird territory where you're using cheat engine to bypass the paywalls of micro transactions.

I booted up MKXL recently and even in there I'd you do a cheat engine value search, it's easy to find your koins, but any edit you make just doesn't stick. Couldn't find any up to date working trainers outside of one site charging for them which I'm not gonna do.

The Watcher

Oct 29, 2017
Problem with the whole stuff is the game is constantly throwing sticks between the players legs.

you buy an character specific tower set which consists of 4 or 5 towers for 25000 Koins. In those towers they want you to have accumulated 50 uppercuts or 50 throws, so you have to grind this out first before you can tackle the character specific towers. yay!

you do a normal tower of time, it takes a long time and you get 10.000 koins and a few consumables for the playing, it isn´t even guaranteed that you get something cosmetic. yay!

i am sitting here with a Sonya that has in total 15 Skins, 4 intros, winning poses 2 fatalities and stuff and there is no guarantee at all to unlock something specific, i see the same intro, the same winning pose and the same fatality the whole time. the game is crippled essentially because you will never see those cosmetics in a reasonable amount of time.

so that is where these crystals come into play later. they want people to buy those crystals or play this game till your beard is long and grey.

people saying this is fine are not seeing the problem, this is a full price game with additional paid DLC characters and they treat you like playing a free mobile game. it is awful and it makes no fun. they should give out those cosmetics at a steady pace...

this is just awful, if the base game was 30 bucks and it was so stingy, well would suck but would be an explanation, for a full price game this is all the disgusting shit going on with games these days rolled into one nice package.
Is the only way to accumulate koins/krystals is to do the towers? Also, could you randomly stumble upon your character's gear or more kurrency in the krypt? I'm not trying to make excuses for the game's drip-feeding us content, I'm just curious as to the ways you can make things go faster (as oppose to eventually paying for them later). TTT2 had this bullshit and you had to grind online for hours just to afford a hat, lol.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Another Switch screenshot, this time from Johnny's second fatality. (Was this posted already?)

E7DrRrF.jpg

This looks imo really bad. Worse than what fighters made for last generation platforms looked like. Building something from the ground up for weaker hardware usually looks better than significantly downgrading something made for more powerful hardware to fit it on weaker hardware.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This looks imo really bad. Worse than what fighters made for last generation platforms looked liked. Building something from the ground up for weaker hardware usually looks better than significantly downgrading something made for more powerful hardware to fit it on a weaker hardware.

Can you take a screenshot of that fatality to compare directly?

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oh god after having played only DB and GG for years i feel like an idiot trying to block and do combos

Started with Noob anyway, always loved the design

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
The towers/augments shit sounds pretty terrible. Needlessly confusing/frustrating. Unless they change it, I think I'll just avoid this aspect of the game. Lame.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I will wait until I play around with the Towers of Time and the Krypt before I make a judgment on the supposed "grindiness" of the single player.
Did you watch the videos and read the descriptions sephi22 posted?
Unfortunately, a lot of the cool gear and skins that are selling points for the game are locked behind this.
I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed off about this and they'll be forced to make some serious adjustments to it.

Reviewers will make a big deal about it in a few days I'm sure.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
In the Johnny cage kombat kast they pressed start and it showed the input for both his fatalities. Maybe it can work ?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The Krypt aint completely canon anyway with the stuff that happens there.

With that in mind it would be sick to have Motaro there as a Mount.

You use his horn to unlock a door, but no mounts unfortunately

If MK11 works like MKX, as long as you know the inputs you can do the Fatality even if it doesn't show up under the move list.

You can. I tried the beta fatalities and they worked, but they won't ever appear in your move list until your formally unlock them in 11. So you've gotta just use your memory.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Boon wanted to let zombies steal the Krypt guy's items when he was sleeping while you're offline.

I know some people hated WoL, but I had no issue with it and enjoyed my time with it. I never felt like it was designed to purposely mess with you to drive you to spend anything, and there were other ways to unlock characters if you didn't like it. It may have been bloated or boring, but it didn't fell slimy. Same with Shadow Lords mode in KI which had some of these similar power up elements, but never felt manipulative like you had to spend a cent. We'll see how this feels, but lets hope it's closer to those.
Oh yeah i agree, if its similar to WoL then thats fine

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Did you watch the videos and read the descriptions sephi22 posted?
I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed off about this and they'll be forced to make some serious adjustments to it.

Reviewers will make a big deal about it in a few days I'm sure.

Eh, I dunno. I don't think they care. The rate at which you unlocked shaders in Injustice 2 was bad, and the shader multiverses than ran for only three hours popped up maybe 2-3 times per week.

When the Legendary update came out, you'd think they would finally loosen up and make these more frequent with the game support/playerbase winding down, but they actually made them less frequent.

They get no benefit of the doubt from me. Their whole system kinda turned a game I thought was awesome into one that irritated the hell out of me whenever I booted it up. I know I wasn't alone.
I'm afraid that's gonna happen here too.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No. I'm still going to wait and see for myself. There are some things you can't properly judge until you get hands on with it. I'm not exactly discounting his findings, I just want to see how this supposed grind feels when I actually play it.
Can I second this?

Because not all grinds are considered equal... and I'm STILL neck-deep in the grind of Injustice.

"You gotta do 50 uppercuts and 50 throws". That... is reasonable to me.

Compare that to the Sub-Zero Legendary Multiverse in Injustice 2 for his FIRST tower:
"Finish your opponent with 100 supermoves, finish your opponent with 100 polar punctures, 100 meta challenges completed as Sub-Zero (you can really only do about 2 or 3 at most per tower), 200 villains defeated, etc."

The grind is much harder because the criteria means you can't perform the tasks multiple times. You have to finish each match with a specific move, and if they block something like your supermove, well, restart the whole match.

It's super-unreasonable stuff.

Eh, I dunno. I don't think they care. The rate at which you unlocked shaders in Injustice 2 was bad, and the shader multiverses than ran for only three hours popped up maybe 2-3 times per week.

When the Legendary update came out, you'd think they would finally loosen up and make these more frequent with the game support/playerbase winding down, but they actually made them less frequent.

They get no benefit of the doubt from me. Their whole system kinda turned a game I thought was awesome into one that irritated the hell out of me whenever I booted it up. I know I wasn't alone.
I'm afraid that's gonna happen here too.
I will agree. I was LOVING Injustice 2 (I still do, to a degree), but the grind was made WORSE over time, not better.

It's crazy I've been playing since launch day and still don't have remotely any of the sets for my favorite characters I've wanted. But, by all means, randomly give me more under-leveled Swamp Thing and Firestorm gear, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.