• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it works this way in MK11. Everything has to be unlocked to use it. It says it has to be found in the Krypt.

Try that (B is circle on ps4)

f19f58abc8f71efa84ccd01e7d891239.png

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
so, these towers of time are a shadow of the great Injustice 2 Multiverse, i think i have played 7 or 8 towers by now and all my will to continue is zapped...

negative effects only applied to the player, not the enemy, ridiculous matches like 2 characters with extra health and effects against you with a single healthbar, the consumables don´t help at all, difficulty spikes every few matches, fucked up modifiers all the way. this stuff seems like it wasn´t even playtested. this is so much worse than the Injustice 2 Multiverse, i can´t believe it...

man i am annoyed by the game at the moment, the core fighting is good, everything else is a total mess so far..progression, mandatory online stuff, bad towers which should be the heart of the single player mode....

i think this will turn out as quite a bummer for many people, i wonder what happened, maybe they rushed this game out of the door..i don´t have another explanation for this mess.

there is not a single thing in this game which is motivating, it is all there to slow you down, to cripple your experience and to make you fork out more money. i think i am done with any games Warner Bros might put out in the future, i won´t support this predatory nonsense anymore. won´t buy any Kombat Pass for this game for sure, already thinking about selling the game tbh, no interest to take part in this time consuming bullshit and i don´t go to tournaments, i just wanted a nice fighting game which can be played solo, Injustice 2 i played for months but this here...i don´t know at the moment

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
so, these towers of time are a shadow of the great Injustice 2 Multiverse, i think i have played 7 or 8 towers by now and all my will to continue is zapped...

negative effects only applied to the player, not the enemy, ridiculous matches like 2 characters with extra health and effects against you with a single healthbar, the consumables don´t help at all, difficulty spikes every few matches, fucked up modifiers all the way. this stuff seems like it wasn´t even playtested. this is so much worse than the great Injustice 2 Multiverse, i can´t believe it...

man i am annoyed by the game at the moment, the core fighting is good, everything else is a total mess so far..progression, mandatory online stuff, bad towers which should be the heart of the single player mode....

i think this will turn out as quite a bummer for many people, i wonder what happened, maybe they rushed this game out of the door..i don´t have another explanation for this mess.

there is not a single thing in this game which is motivating, it is all there to slow you down, to cripple your experience and to make you fork out more money. i think i am done with any games Warner Bros might put out in the future, i won´t support this predatory nonsense anymore.

oh boy...

but just wait until they implement the in-game currency (after the reviews come out), they should be giving some away! Try the time crystals and see if you like them!

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes i have to agree on the Towers, been farming them for the past two days and it's the first time in an NRS game that i'm feeling frustrated. The enemies are way too tankier. They need to change that ASAP.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

negative effects only applied to the player, not the enemy, ridiculous matches like 2 characters with extra health and effects against you with a single healthbar, the consumables don´t help at all, difficulty spikes every few matches, fucked up modifiers all the way. this stuff seems like it wasn´t even playtested. this is so much worse than the great Injustice 2 Multiverse, i can´t believe it...

there is not a single thing in this game which is motivating, it is all there to slow you down, to cripple your experience and to make you fork out more money. i think i am done with any games Warner Bros might put out in the future, i won´t support this predatory nonsense anymore. won´t buy any Kombat Pass for this game for sure, already thinking about selling the game tbh, no interest to take part in this time consuming bullshit.
I honestly wonder if this was intentional, much like how some games penalized leakers and early adopter who broke street date with ridiculously overpowered enemies that would relentlessly destroy players.

Here's hoping a major day 1 patch is perhaps in place to make things more enjoyable. It sounds like you can easily tweak these parameters, so if it was an oversight or day-1 plan from the start, it should - theoretically - be a simple fix.

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I honestly wonder if this was intentional, much like how some games penalized leakers and early adopter who broke street date with ridiculously overpowered enemies that would relentlessly destroy players.

Here's hoping a major day 1 patch is perhaps in place to make things more enjoyable. It sounds like you can easily tweak these parameters, so if it was an oversight or day-1 plan from the start, it should - theoretically - be a simple fix.
Any balancing changes post game, or lack thereof, will prove how much of it was intentional.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Jesus I'm glad I didn't bail out of this thread. My hype has been massively deflated.

They turned my MK into an RPG (RPGs can die for all I care)

Towers of time seem to be obnoxious

Krypt is incredibly padded with useless stuff. Has it been confirmed that item placement is random or if there are dupes?

Everything seems to be tied to a server. What if I want to go back years from now? Hell I still go back to MK9 from time to time.

Went from day 1 to wait for impressions. Glad I didn't pre-order.

Fuck WB.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus I'm glad I didn't bail out of this thread. My hype has been massively deflated.

They turned my MK into an RPG (RPGs can die for all I care)

Towers of time seem to be obnoxious

Krypt is incredibly padded with useless stuff. Has it been confirmed that item placement is random or if there are dupes?

Everything seems to be tied to a server. What if I want to go back years from now? Hell I still go back to MK9 from time to time.

Went from day 1 to wait for impressions. Glad I didn't pre-order.

Fuck WB.

NRS designed the game. WB is not always responsible for systems games implement. Just sayin.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Well, no review code before release for PC. I... don't feel too good about this.
The PC port is usually completely locked down until it launches on Steam for multiplatform games, so that's not necessarily an indicator.

That said, it's a PC game launch. Expect some hiccups on certain configurations and the usual round of hotfixes and patches.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Yes i have to agree on the Towers, been farming them for the past two days and it's the first time in an NRS game that i'm feeling frustrated. The enemies are way too tankier. They need to change that ASAP.
I think QoL changes are inbound, they did tons of that with Injustice 2.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
oh boy...

but just wait until they implement the in-game currency (after the reviews come out), they should be giving some away! Try the time crystals and see if you like them!

they give you some for doing tutorials...number one rule: gonna give the people a taste of the crack

but there is no option to buy anything for them because that seems to be not in the game at the moment, so no idea about the prices. the cynic in me says the prices will for sure be ridiculous, otherwise it would be in the game now and not next week, they clearly want to avoid bad press.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
God all this talk about the krypt, unlocks and towers certainly is disheartening. Some fighting games really do low key have some of the worst progression and unlock systems lately while the big tentpole releases in other genres get most of the flak. The fact that everything in MK is also purchasable with real money makes any bloated grind that much shittier. Really hope this is all just pre launch balance.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
they give you some for doing tutorials...number one rule: gonna give the people a taste of the crack

but there is no option to buy anything for them because that seems to be not in the game at the moment, so no idea about the prices. the cynic in me says the prices will for sure be ridiculous, otherwise it would be in the game now and not next week, they clearly want to avoid bad press.

Yeah, I think they mentioned on the stream casually just so they had record out there of them saying something about it before launch.

I think QoL changes are inbound, they did tons of that with Injustice 2.

They just made buying and opening boxes quicker, and filters for selling gear easier. Just interface stuff. In terms of drop rates and underlying things like that, they really didn't do anything that benefitted people except changing the requirement for legendaries to be 250 rare or epic gear pieces instead of just epic, which went from ridiculous to still quite a grind. But as I mentioned earlier, they made shader/ability MVs less frequent in the Legendary update.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
They just made buying and opening boxes easier. Just interface stuff. In terms of drop rates and things like that, they really didn't do anything that benefitted people except changing the requirement for legendaries to be 250 rare or epic gear pieces instead of just epic, which was still quite a grind.
Yes, drop rates are likely to stay the same, but about the enemies being too tanky as he mentioned, that could change.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

The "unlock all" for the Krypt last game was $20. I don't even think they'll offer that option this time, but you can bet it's going to cost you way more than $20 to get a good selection of gear for some of your favorite characters.

Bummer I went from being super hyped to being super cynical and bummed out by NRS after Injustice2. I guess there's a reason they hold off on detailing this stuff until last minute.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
This tower stuff sounds awful. What shit this industry has become, the days of an incredible single player deep mode likeVF4 Evo is done I guess.

I hope it gets trashed by reviews if it's that bad.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So why do EA games get destroyed fast and the whole industry has a backlash? But then 2K can get away with terrible shit for years and no one cares. So weird.
Generalizing here, but it's because 2K's games come out stuffed with content and quality, while EA tends to botch it up and send incomplete, unfinished games out to the market to appease shareholds before a financial quarter is over, often with major gameplay flaws, but almost ALWAYS with their microtransactions and loot box system running smoothly.

Same for NRS games. They've done a LOT of stuff I hate (retailer exclusive characters, pre-order characters, "easy fatalities", etc.), but their games never launch in a state that can be called "bare bones".

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the cash shop for MK11 is gonna be aggressive because WB thought Injustice 2 was so poorly monetized but to be fair there was nothing worth buying so that's all their fault people begged for extra fighters and premier skins and all they added after the fighter pack was over was crappy unlimited gear transforms.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

the game already downloaded a patch, was 2,5GB, i think that was the Day One patch

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The PC port is usually completely locked down until it launches on Steam for multiplatform games, so that's not necessarily an indicator.

That said, it's a PC game launch. Expect some hiccups on certain configurations and the usual round of hotfixes and patches.

Why is it locked, even for reviewers though ? Game's out on consoles already and not locked, so it seems really arbitrary to not let reviewers have early access to prepare their review just for like, you know, most other games.

Plus the fact that, even though I didn't play it I remember the previous game being a bit broken on PC at launch makes me a bit cautious. Anyway, I can't wait to play it. Pretty hyped, haven't played a MK game since the one on the GameCube, don't remember the name.

Last edited:

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Problem with the whole stuff is the game is constantly throwing sticks between the players legs.

you buy an character specific tower set which consists of 4 or 5 towers for 25000 Koins. In those towers they want you to have accumulated 50 uppercuts or 50 throws, so you have to grind this out first before you can tackle the character specific towers. yay!

you do a normal tower of time, it takes a long time and you get 10.000 koins and a few consumables for the playing, it isn´t even guaranteed that you get something cosmetic. yay!

i am sitting here with a Sonya that has in total 15 Skins, 4 intros, winning poses 2 fatalities and stuff and there is no guarantee at all to unlock something specific, i see the same intro, the same winning pose and the same fatality the whole time. the game is crippled essentially because you will never see those cosmetics in a reasonable amount of time.

so that is where these crystals come into play later. they want people to buy those crystals or play this game till your beard is long and grey.

people saying this is fine are not seeing the problem, this is a full price game with additional paid DLC characters and they treat you like playing a free mobile game. it is awful and it makes no fun. they should give out those cosmetics at a steady pace...

this is just awful, if the base game was 30 bucks and it was so stingy, well would suck but would be an explanation, for a full price game this is all the disgusting shit going on with games these days rolled into one nice package.
Wait till you finish Sonya's first character tower and unlock the next one for 50,000 coins. That one gates you with 75 fatals and 75 brutal done

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah I guess but they could totally let reviewers have early access to prepare their review just for like, you know, most other games. Game's already out in the wild on consoles for a lot of peeps so...

Plus the fact that, even though I didn't play it I remember the previous game being a bit broken on PC at launch.
I think the majority of publishers refuse to release the PC port before the official launch date due to 0 day piracy concerns, and it's been that way for awhile. The Steam game files are encrypted until the game releases.

MKX had issues that QLOC ended up cleaning up after launch, and they're the ones doing the MK11 port. Their reputation is solid, but there's always a chance that something will go wrong.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Wait till you finish Sonya's first character tower and unlock the next one for 50,000 coins. That one gates you with 75 fatals and 75 brutal done

That sounds a lot like the legendary towers for Injustice 2 do the character towers in 11 guarantee loot or is it just random? I'm really considering buying Sekiro and DMC 5 after hearing all this.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, this crap is by design and they thought this was OK. They're not dialing this back. Congrats, we just bought a $60-$100 mobile game and we'll be lucky to get as much as we did in the beta without forking out more cash.

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the majority of publishers refuse to release the PC port before the official launch date due to 0 day piracy concerns, and it's been that way for awhile. The Steam game files are encrypted until the game releases.

MKX had issues that QLOC ended up cleaning up after launch, and they're the ones doing the MK11 port. Their reputation is solid, but there's always a chance that something will go wrong.

Oh I forgot QLOC was on this from day one. Yeah, they've always done a very good job, so here's hoping.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds a lot like the legendary towers for Injustice 2 do the character towers in 11 guarantee loot or is it just random? I'm really considering buying Sekiro and DMC 5 after hearing all this.

Apparently they give you character related loot but it's randomized.

Say a Sonya tower will give you Sonya stuff.

Not sure yet if it has dupes for cosmetics (if it does you can go to hell).

Dec 23, 2017
Guys I haven't played MK in a LONG time. What makes the series good? I have been watching a lot of videos of 11 and gameplay seems off. Not sure if the people playing just are not that good. It just don't seem fluid. Not sure if it's just harder to string together combos in MK?

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Guys I haven't played MK in a LONG time. What makes the series good? I have been watching a lot of videos of 11 and gameplay seems off. Not sure if the people playing just are not that good. It just don't seem fluid. Not sure if it's just harder to string together combos in MK?

1) The game is more neutral focused so it doesn't have a ton of combos, the goal is more about opening up your opponents and/or punishing their mistakes

2) The combos in NRS games are the opposite of intuitive, they are pre-canned, so it's near impossible to figure out everything a character can do until you go into training mode

3) A huge factor in 11 is the "krushing blow" system which basically gives a different effect on some of your attacks after you meet specific conditions, once per fight, they can lead to damage over time, combo extenders etc... they will be a big part of the high level play once people know what they are .... but until now they had never been listed properly so people couldn't experiment

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
The game is not out, so aside from beta characters, the footage out there won't be very refined in terms of play, also the Beta build was old for what it's worth.

With that said, MK games tend to change considerably with each release, aside from dial up strings, the sub-systems are different with each game.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
It's so stupid that YouTube surfaces the entire story in small chunks by one guy to people who have watched MK videos. I've spent the last 30 mins hitting not interested in this guys videos and they keep popping up. The side effect being I now know almost every story beat. Fuckin sucks.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm so fucking sad that I'll be traveling for work when this game releases digitally on Tuesday. My only hope is to bring my Vita with me, leave the PS4 in rest mode and then hope the hotel WiFi is decent.

Maybe I can play through the story mode if it works, then really get into the game at home the next day.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's so stupid that YouTube surfaces the entire story in small chunks by one guy to people who have watched MK videos. I've spent the last 30 mins hitting not interested in this guys videos and they keep popping up. The side effect being I now know almost every story beat. Fuckin sucks.
I'm literally staying off Youtube until release. Kinda blows having to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.