• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's just weird to me because Joker is in. I can't imagine a world where DC would allow us to fatality him
GUEST_0317aa12-6693-4298-958d-558cf16ac57b

And the roster btw:

Mortal Kombat
  • Baraka
  • Jax
  • Kano
  • Kitana
  • Liu Kang
  • Raiden
  • Scorpion
  • Shang Tsung
  • Shao Kahn
  • Sonya Blade
  • Sub-Zero
DC Universe
  • Batman
  • Captain Marvel
  • Catwoman
  • Darkseid
  • Deathstroke
  • The Flash
  • Green Lantern
  • The Joker
  • Lex Luthor
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
MK fatalities are not in that game.

Yes, but the Joker was still in that game. I don't understand how it wouldn't have left an opening (assuming that this leak is real considering 8 characters listed but 6 in the premium edition caption lol) for the Joker or any other Injustice character (like Batman instead) to be in a future MK game lol

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, but the Joker was still in that game. I don't understand how it wouldn't have left an opening (assuming that this leak is real considering 8 characters listed but 6 in the premium edition caption lol) for the Joker or any other Injustice character (like Batman instead) to be in a future MK game lol

People believe this list is incomplete and they're doing two packs of 6, so that would leave 3 more returning characters.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Terminator seems like an odd choice. Sounds good at first beacause who wouldn't wanna play as the Terminator? (Especially if the Arnold skin peels off with battle damage), but the Terminator was always slow and methodical. I don't wanna see a fast Terminator doing spin kicks and throwing jabs.

Also I imagine the work needed to do all the internals for the fatalities is much harder than usual as the Terminator is purely machine inside (while the usual cyborgs would be partly organic)

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terminator seems like an odd choice. Sounds good at first beasue who wouldn't wanna play as the Terminator? (Especially if the Arnold skin forms off with battle damage), but the Terminator was always slow and methodical. I don't wanna see a fast Terminator doing spin kicks and throwing jabs.

Also I imagine the work needed to do all the internals for the fatalities is much harder than usual as the Terminator is purely machine inside (while the usual cyborgs would be partly organic)

If they can make Alien and Predator work in MKX, which was a much faster game than 11 is, then I wouldn't be worried about this.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Reddit and gamefaqs found out about the insane grind for the krypt they aren't happy.

It is such a shame they made the game so grindy. I've been playing the game for a couple of days already and it is so full of content and polished and beautiful, the story mode is awesome. It could've been one of the greatest fighters ever...if they didn't deliberately make you grind hours and hours very likely to incentivize you to just spend real money left and right. It's sad what so many fighting games have become this generation. :/

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
GUEST_0317aa12-6693-4298-958d-558cf16ac57b

And the roster btw:

Mortal Kombat
  • Baraka
  • Jax
  • Kano
  • Kitana
  • Liu Kang
  • Raiden
  • Scorpion
  • Shang Tsung
  • Shao Kahn
  • Sonya Blade
  • Sub-Zero
DC Universe
  • Batman
  • Captain Marvel
  • Catwoman
  • Darkseid
  • Deathstroke
  • The Flash
  • Green Lantern
  • The Joker
  • Lex Luthor
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
You can't kill people in this game. The fatalities are more just comedic knockouts or things that would be allowed in a Saturday morning cartoon. DC was weird about killing their people back then. Maybe they changed now?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Another problem I have with the list is a lack of original newcomers. Hopefully they'll do a third wave of DLC.
The last brand new character to be added in an MK game was Skarlet in MK9. And before anyone says it, Tremor debuted in MK: Special Forces.

I feel like most new characters we'll be seeing in the MK series will debut in the base game, while DLC is reserved for the old guard and guests. Frankly, I'm okay with that, because it means I don't miss out on new faces if I choose not to buy the DLC.
You can't kill people in this game. The fatalities are more just comedic knockouts or things that would be allowed in a Saturday morning cartoon. DC was weird about killing their people back then. Maybe they changed now?
Joker absolutely shot people in the face in this game. It was the heroes who didn't kill anyone. They had "heroic brutalities", which compared to even MK9's x-rays are pretty tame.
Terminator seems like an odd choice. Sounds good at first beacause who wouldn't wanna play as the Terminator? (Especially if the Arnold skin peels off with battle damage), but the Terminator was always slow and methodical. I don't wanna see a fast Terminator doing spin kicks and throwing jabs.

I imagine he'd make for a pretty good Ketchup/Mustard premiere skin, a la Black Lightning for Raiden in Injustice 2.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

Possibly.
Their show TITAN was very violent during most action scenes so I don't think they're afraid to explore that end of the spectrum realistically.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
It is such a shame they made the game so grindy. I've been playing the game for a couple of days already and it is so full of content and polished and beautiful, the story mode is awesome. It could've been one of the greatest fighters ever...if they didn't deliberately make you grind hours and hours very likely to incentivize you to just spend real money left and right. It's sad what so many fighting games have become this generation. :/
Hey, can you just tell me the lenght of the story mode? Is it on par with past games or longer? also, is there any alternate choices in the story?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

They likely changed, it makes sense with a lot of the moves they're making in the movieverse and whatnot.

Overall this DLC list makes sense and checks boxes on a lot of rumors, the guests are fucking huge gets compared to how awful they were in MKX. Terminator and Joker will sell more than anything barring Reptile.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, can you just tell me the lenght of the story mode? Is it on par with past games or longer? also, is there any alternate choices in the story?

It seems to be about as long as past games (didn't play those but watched the story modes of MK9 and MK10 on Youtube. ;)) I'm not yet finished though. There are times when you can choose between two characters to fight an opponent. Real different paths haven't opened up yet. But I heard, I think it was officially stated even, that there will be different choices/different endings later.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
It seems to be about as long as past games (didn't play those but watched the story modes of MK9 and MK10 on Youtube. ;)) I'm not yet finished though. There are times when you can choose between two characters to fight an opponent. Real different paths haven't opened up yet. But I heard, I think it was officially stated even, that there will be different choices/different endings later.
Thank you very much

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
:(
Imagine crafting this precious game and then butchering it with these questionable choices.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
There is one important question I forgot to ask to people with the game. Did they improve the timing of the wake up roll?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Played around 20 online matches. Here are some things people might not know

1) There is a Kombat League (probably a ranked season) that starts in 31 days
2) You CANNOT use your own costumes in Ranked mode. It is only default.
3) If you choose Kasual matches with Tournament ruleset (there is that option for all online types to use tournament variations (KoTH, Practice, etc)), you CANNOT use your own costumes and only default costumes are available
4) You CANNOT filter any matches by connection strength
5) A Foxy Grampa is currently #1 in ranked with 8 hours of play and his main is Kung Lao

Hopefully a patch comes through soon for a ton of the things above.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
WTF!
3) If you choose Kasual matches with Tournament ruleset (there is that option for all online types to use tournament variations (KoTH, Practice, etc)), you CANNOT use your own costumes and only default costumes are available
WTF!!!!!!!!
I remember the matchmaking in previous NRS games not being that bad, you wouldn't get matches with people on the other side of the world and the netcode is solid so this isn't that much of an issue to me. So only mild wtf.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019

5) A Foxy Grampa is currently #1 in ranked with 8 hours of play and his main is Kung Lao

What the hell about 2# . What a bs.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017

So when CAN I use my own costumes? This sounds bad.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently in local fights p2 cant access p1's skins or any unlocks.
Another bummer and the first one that will impact my mk11 bbq I'm hosting today. What were they thinking.

Jan 11, 2018
What on earth? That's beyond absurd. What is even the point of doing that?

Greed.

They want other human players to load their own profile. Wouldn't want your frinds to use the skins you've unlocked, when they could potentially pay for crystals with real money to unlock them themselves, right? :/

I'm sorry, but I'm no longer interested in buying this game until the GOTY edition comes out and I can get it for cheap. I don't care how amazing the gameplay is.

It is completely absurd that they need to verify what people unlock for their offline profile in a 60+ dollar game. Anti-consumer af. How about online verification needed to use these things in online matches, but not offline? Oh, right... you can't even use them online. So they're just monitoring how people play their games offline to make sure they're not missing out on any potential microtransactions. In a full price game. Again, absolutely disgusting.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So Character Tower tier 3 requires 25,000 pints of blood spilled, and 100 Krushing blows.

This is beyond fucked, surely theyr'e changing it? I've played or over 15 hours and have spilled 62,485 pints. That not with ONE character mind you.

You can do about four to five Krushing Blows per match too.

fucking hell

It's very frustrating because the game is genuinely good and I'd argue even better than MKX but this grind is going to dominate the discussion in the coming weeks (though it rightly should, this character specific shit is ridiculous)

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, i have a fantastic idea - why don't we go ahead and undermine every single good aspect of our game with completely absurd decision making? We'll have 100+ skins in the game, but only allow people to use them in a quarter of our modes. Let's create thousands of great gear pieces and then only hand them out at an a abysmal rate. We'll have a dozen shaders per skin, but only unlock a few over the course of your typical full game length? 100+ custom abilities? Won't get to use them in tournament or ranked play.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
It's good the backlash is forming before the game is officially released. I wonder if they are gonna address the issues in the Kombat Kast on monday.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm out for now

s*** story
s*** new characters
Lack and even mocking of Klassik characters
Grinding is a pain in the ass
Random Krypt boxes
No secret characters
And now even worse the DLC

My hype the last 3 days is at zero now that I think I won't buy it day 1.

Why NRS/WB?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I WOuld hope guest charaters are there own pack like MKX

Pack 1
Shang Tsuang
Sindel
Nightwolf
Sheeva
Fujin
(Unknown Character). (My Boi RAIN?)

Pack 2
Terminator
Joker
Ash
Spawn

I have doubts about sheeva though. Why Put Sheeva in but not cyrax and sektor? Put all of them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.