• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently in local fights p2 cant access p1's skins or any unlocks.
Another bummer and the first one that will impact my mk11 bbq I'm hosting today. What were they thinking.

What on earth? That's beyond absurd. What is even the point of doing that?

They did this in Inj2 as well. Sucks they didn't change it. But can't ruin the integrity of your in-game currency.

Greed.

They want other human players to load their own profile. Wouldn't want your frinds to use the skins you've unlocked, when they could potentially pay for crystals with real money to unlock them themselves, right? :/

I'm sorry, but I'm no longer interested in buying this game until the GOTY edition comes out and I can get it for cheap. I don't care how amazing the gameplay is.

It is completely absurd that they need to verify what people unlock for their offline profile in a 60+ dollar game. Anti-consumer af. How about online verification needed to use these things in online matches, but not offline? Oh, right... you can't even use them online. So they're just monitoring how people play their games offline to make sure they're not missing out on any potential microtransactions. In a full price game. Again, absolutely disgusting.

Yup! Profile locking so every single user on your system has the chance to get frustrated and buy crystals on their profile!

Let's not forget we need to monitor people on how they're unlocking stuff for offline use! We need to make sure they look to our microtransaction options instead of cheating when they grow tired of the massive grind we've created for them.

I'm gonna keep quoting you because I totay agree with your frustration. The idea that they have to verify what "we say" we unlocked is insulting. That video explanation really rubbed me the wrong way. The awkwardness of that explanation speaks for itself.

Reflexively defending poorly implemented monetization in a premium product is sad you bozo. It's a entertainment product if an element is viewed as possibly being detrimental to your entertainment, yeah you might not buy it.

Especially in a case like this where they've intentionally constructed their media hype cycle in order to avoid revealing any information about the monetization.

It's no surprise they kept quiet on this (w/ WB doing the marketing) except for NRS doing a quick informal blurb on the last stream just so they can claim they weren't hoding anything back.

After Injustice2 I swore I would skip this game because of all the BS, but I got sucked into the hype because the game looked awesome. Still does, except for these horrible decisions that feel downright cynical and hostile to players who buy it. I don't want to support games that don't respect their audience. Especially after the last one sold 11m copies. I'm already locked on digitally, so I just gotta deal and enjoy what I can and try not to get pissed off about it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree Slaythe. I think this change is good. The cooldown is like 8 seconds or more so them being reusable in the same round ain't that bad

If they're unsafe on block you wont get to use it again.

You will get counter hit punished and in fb health range that means you are dead.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
They did this in Inj2 as well. Sucks they didn't change it. But can't ruin the integrity of your in-game currency.

Yup! Profile locking so every single user on your system has the chance to get frustrated and buy crystals on their profile!

I'm gonna keep quoting you because I totay agree with your frustration. The idea that they have to verify what "we say" we unlocked is insulting. That video explanation really rubbed me the wrong way. The awkwardness of that explanation speaks for itself.

It's no surprise they kept quiet on this (w/ WB doing the marketing) except for NRS doing a quick informal blurb on the last stream just so they can claim they weren't hoding anything back.

After Injustice2 I swore I would skip this game because of all the BS, but I got sucked into the hype because the game looked awesome. Still does, except for these horrible decisions that feel downright cynical and hostile to players who buy it. I don't want to support games that don't respect their audience. Especially after the last one sold 11m copies. I'm already locked on digitally, so I just gotta deal and enjoy what I can and try not to get pissed off about it.
I think it's ok to get mad and channel your rage into criticism. Developers have to know this shit is unacceptable.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

"more slow paced footies based gameplay"

And fatal blows should just straight up be unsafe. Why should a half health come back attack be safe? What's the reasoning here?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

You will get counter hit punished and in fb health range that means you are dead.

That seems fine to me. If you let someone earn it back for a second chance after not punishing it the first time, that's on you.
I felt like they were being thrown out way too much and haphazardly in the beta.

I think it's ok to get mad and channel your rage into criticism. Developers have to know this shit is unacceptable.

I wouldn't say rage, lol. I'm just super disappointed and irritated. I want to love their games without any hangups, but man, they make it so hard when you feel like you're being manipulated, and that's how these conditions/systems feel to me.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
That seems fine to me. If you let someone earn it back for a second chance after not punishing it the first time, that's on you.
I felt like they were being thrown out way too much and haphazardly in the beta

So what ? You only have one for the entire match.

Like I said if they are unsafe they need to have armor sooner otherwise you basically make them useless in the neutral and it's just there for combos.

Which is awful as having a tool to stop people from trying to chip you out was refreshing.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Now that the DLC has leaked, it seems even more odd that Takeda and Kung Jin aren't going to be in the game.

Without specific spoilers, are they in the story mode at all?

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Why would I just throw it out? I would rather combo into it or use it on an opening, like if someone throws a projectile at Kabal.
This just kills the scrubby day 1 use of it of mashing it out as a desperation move

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I just throw it out? I would rather combo into it or use it on an opening, like if someone throws a projectile at Kabal.
This just kills the scrubby day 1 use of it of mashing it out as a desperation move

Loooooool

So yeah you get to keep your tool as kabal because he teleports fullscreen but characters that were melee only lost it.

Fuck that. Like I said if they are unsafe then they need armor faster otherwise it's hard to punish openings for close range ones.

No good player is ever gonna use negative moves on you if you have FB ready.

I said I liked that FB changed the neutral. You give me an example for kabal which illustrates what I said. And then mentions combos which is not neutral.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loooooool

So yeah you get to keep your tool as kabal because he teleports fullscreen but characters that were melee only lost it.

Fuck that. Like I said if they are unsafe then they need armor faster otherwise it's hard to punish openings for close range ones.

No good player is ever gonna use negative moves on you if you have FB ready.

I said I liked that FB changed the neutral. You give me an example for kabal which illustrates what I said. And then mentions combos which is not neutral.
Well depends on the character right. Noob can do it fullscreen. Some can do it in the air. What's the problem with some shutting down neutral and some being combo heavy?

How is it different from supers in other fighting games? Cant throw a fireball at ryu, cant jump at dhalsim, but gief needs to be next to you to grab you or sagat needs to combo into it.

Sure sf characters can mash it out on wakeup for the invincibility, but they can still be punished after getting blocked. But these moves now can also be punished after getting blocked. So what's the issue?

Yes, you can use them once per game only but why does that mean you get to keep them safe? The risk reward would always be in your favor then.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Towers of Time probably needs to be adjusted, that doesn't seem like it's intentional.
The krypt being asstastic is definitely intentional and I fucking hate it.

If ToT was better balanced, it would be a nice diversion I guess? It has some cool gimmicks for casuals, but holy fuck they need to balance it.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Not being able to use costumes on ranked or kassual with Tourney settings is bafflingly stupid. Why would they do that? Only thing they made sure is that if I get the game day 1 I won't bother with the stupid towers of time and Krypt and I'll just stick to story, klassic ladder, local versus and online. Thanks I guess NRS and WB.

Man, this looked like the best MK ever made. I have no idea why they butchered it like this. It's truly bizarre. Selling millions of $60 copies and DLC wasn't enough for WB and NRS I suppose.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. Which is why you should use them carefully. It's not a win button.
A comeback that takes away 30-40% of the opponents health should have its risks.

Yeah but that points out that this is poorly thought through.

Some fb are built in mix ups, some teleport and keep their dominance over neutral...

So basically it just fucked over the characters with basic fb.

I dont like that. I think it was interesting to have a tool that forces the opponent to change his playstyle once you're low on health since you only get one per match anyway.

It's not a win button, but in this game you have to remember there are no invincible moves. FB gain invincibility very late, that is bad. So I see you randomly throwing moves or pushing buttons ? I can't react because I will likely get hit despite using my Super.

I didn't say FB shouldn't have been changed, I said I would have preferred : only one use whether you whiff or not, safe-ish on block (but you have to take your opponents' response, just you don't get hard punished on a counter hit when you are already below 30% which means death), and armor frames faster so that you can punish brain dead offense (again, once in the entire match).
This man plays fighting games.
Unlike Slaythe who just posts about them. Kappa

What can I say, maybe if I try hard enough and train for years, I'll reach your level and be able to whine that I can't beat the CPU on forums. Kappa

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
What I want them to patch? The shocking fake shaky cam in Single Player! All the cutscenes have this vibration added to make it seem like a action movie but the shaky effect isn't turned off for like smooth pans, tilts and zooms and sometimes makes it look like the screen is having a mini seizure. It's lame!

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Played around 20 online matches. Here are some things people might not know

1) There is a Kombat League (probably a ranked season) that starts in 31 days
2) You CANNOT use your own costumes in Ranked mode. It is only default.
3) If you choose Kasual matches with Tournament ruleset (there is that option for all online types to use tournament variations (KoTH, Practice, etc)), you CANNOT use your own costumes and only default costumes are available
4) You CANNOT filter any matches by connection strength
5) A Foxy Grampa is currently #1 in ranked with 8 hours of play and his main is Kung Lao

Hopefully a patch comes through soon for a ton of the things above.
Thanks for these, the online mode is shaping up to be something more underwhelming than I imagined and this sucks.

Can you please confirm these points for me?

1) Can we get matches online while we are in training mode? Be it ranked or casual.

2) Did they get rid of the lobbies where we could rematch people infinitely?

3) Did they fix wake up roll so it's easier to actually use it? The input was extremely strict in the beta.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm content with this being the last MK game for a long time, but there will be other ways to get my MK fix for a while...

...*cough*Scorpion and possibly Sub-Zero in Smash Bros. Ultimate*cough*

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Can't be restated, but just watched this whole thing and I am skipping the game until hopefully this is adjusted. Nothing about that entire mode looks enjoyable.
same for me. i am a single-player only guy (like many mk players) and i am not going to deal with this. if they patch it or tone it down to a reasonable level? cool. but if a veteran player has such a hard time, what the hell am i going to do? i am a total noob.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I just wanna see how bad the cash shop is on Monday so I can maybe cancel my order and then pick up some games during the psn sale.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
you can use kustomized visuals in ranked. Whatever is your load out 1 or set to default will be your visuals, but you still have to use tournament presets.

To set a variation to default press select in the kustomize menu. It'll get a little star icon in the corner.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Some of the things early adopters report is disturbing, but for me, I'm calm until release day and if it doesn't get patched on release, then I'll get angry. Best case scenario the backlash will be so huge that they will be forced to change it like they did in Shadows of War or whatever that game was called. Wishful thinking.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the things early adopters report is disturbing, but for me, I'm calm until release day and if it doesn't get patched on release, then I'll get angry. Best case scenario the backlash will be so huge that they will be forced to change it like they did in Shadows of War or whatever that game was called. Wishful thinking.
took them what, 9 months to remove the bullshit from shadow of war? unless the backlash is overwhelming, they will not change shit.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
No need to freak out honestly.

Game is pretty insane and all the "bad stuff" can be adjusted by changing numbers.

you can use kustomized visuals in ranked. Whatever is your load out 1 or set to default will be your visuals, but you still have to use tournament presets.

To set a variation to default press select in the kustomize menu. It'll get a little star icon in the corner.

Thank you for the clarification.

Does that mean only 1 costume at a time for competitive modes though ?

You can't set one costume per variation ? (even tournament presets I mean)

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Thank you for clarifying, I was getting really worried for a moment there.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, ranked matches are pointless.
I don't want to use their shitty preset variations.

Status
Not open for further replies.