• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
as we told ya guys, shit is ridiculous

i am utterly bummed about the towers of time, they really shat the bed with those

They had to shit the bed somewhere, I'll honestly take the part where they can fix it by simply adjusting numbers around over say characters, visuals, etc...

I am a bit less forgiving regarding how unlocks work I guess, I did pay for the 100 edition I don't want to spend 90 hours getting gear for 3 dudes. . .

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
took them what, 9 months to remove the bullshit from shadow of war? unless the backlash is overwhelming, they will not change shit.
Maybe but in 9 months the game will still be alive and well, not to mention the DLC fighters will still be coming out (I'm guessing but I don't believe all the content will be released in 9 months) so even if late, better than never. Will it suck on release if not changed? Yes. Is it that important to the overall gameplay? No, at least not to me. But if enough people disagree, they will have to do something.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I had legit hopes that this would be the fighting game to break the 90+ metascore, they did a lot of good with this game, now with how the Krypt and the towers are being handled, this will bite them maybe harder than expected.

Im still very hype, but, it's sad to see a great game being held back by such decisions.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I had legit hopes that this would be the fighting game to break the 90+ metascore, they did a lot of good with this game, now with how the Krypt and the towers are being handled, this will bite them maybe harder than expected.

Im still very hype, but, it's sad to see a great game being held back by such decisions.

Typically when something frustrates a reviewer they can mail the devs and get answers, so if NRS claims that it will be rebalanced soon they probably won't hammer the game over it.

Like I said MK11 is very easy to turn into a 9/10 game, you don't want to forever tarnish the game's reputation because they made it too hard and grindy at launch.

The core is a fighting game, that's not going anywhere, the rest really is just a huge bonus.

Like you can't give this a 6 because then what the fuck happens to Kill la Kill and Samsho that have very little content in comparison ?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The AI difficulty in the Towers of Time is a goddamn JOKE man. Who the fuck thought this was OK? I'm on my first tower after the tutorial and I'm just getting destroyed.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The AI difficulty in the Towers of Time is a goddamn JOKE man. Who the fuck thought this was OK? I'm on my first tower after the tutorial and I'm just getting destroyed.

Oh, you finally got the game? :)

Yeah, I gave up on the towers for the time being after the tutorial when even my AI fighters got mercilessly destroyed in the first tower. That never happened in Injustice 2.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, you finally got the game? :)

Yeah, I gave up on the towers for the time being after the tutorial when even my AI fighters got mercilessly destroyed in the first tower. That never happened in Injustice 2.

Yeah it came today. The game itself is great but man there's so many problems with it.

And of course the AI get bodied too. It's so obvious NRS just want people to RQ and buy the skins they're offering in the towers. What a joke.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm out the more I think about it the more I'm just not really that interested in this game with Cassie being the only character that I even have slight interest in since she was my main in MKX but I'm not really feeling how she plays now in this new game from what was shown of her on top of this horseshit grinding single-player stuff that's going on and the leaked DLC roster not including a single one of my other characters like Mileena rain or the cyborgs. My money will be going towards days gone this month and hopefully by the time the goty edition comes out all the problems will be ironed out and it will have characters I actually give a f*** about

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, how can anyone do that Sub Zero Boss tower by themselves? I gave it a go and I did like the tiniest bit of damage against him while he did full damage to me. How can you even beat that?

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it came today. The game itself is great but man there's so many problems with it.

And of course the AI get bodied too. It's so obvious NRS just want people to RQ and buy the skins they're offering in the towers. What a joke.

It feels like a more sly version of "on-disc DLC" people hated in SFxT.

It probably won't get the same reaction as that just because it's technically possible to earn it. Even if it's clearly filled with layers of frustration to drive you tio pay instead. I almost find it more irritating in some ways.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Like, how can anyone do that Sub Zero Boss tower by themselves? I gave it a go and I did like the tiniest bit of damage against him while he did full damage to me. How can you even beat that?

Didn't the game recommend and item or augment to assist you? Worst part is you usually don't have the recommended item anyway, lol.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know if the ninja mime skin in the preload is part of the 7 premium skins or an extra one for the pre-order of the premium edition ... ?

I was hoping the 7 skins would have a theme.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I need some help with MK frame data since I'm new to NRS games, two questions:
1- Some moves frame data in the move set menu are different from them in frame data UI you can enable in training, anyone know which of the two is right? So far seems like it's menu version for some, and UI version for other!

2- Does Cancel Advantage mean how many frames before the opponent recover when you cancel that attack into special?
ie, it meant that an attack with 18 frames of cancel advantage will only combo into a special move of 18 f start up or less!

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Game deserves a 4/10 for giving into the babies and buffing dashes.

Seriously. We almost had a game were walking around and pressing buttons was championed rather than... "I want to turn my brain off, say fuck it, and dash in to start my pressure"

Isn't that what teleports are for? Dashes should have stayed subdued.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. We almost had a game were walking around and pressing buttons was championed rather than... "I want to turn my brain off, say fuck it, and dash in to start my pressure"

Isn't that what teleports are for? Dashes should have stayed subdued.

Cool, and if you don't have a teleport what do you do ... ?

You :
ed0d24adc7566cf13a8667675c2189c0.jpg

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao that's a tag battle. You jumped into the deep end. I can probably do it after a few dozen tries. I did the Jade tag boss solo a while ago.

But this one at least is by design. You and I are supposed to team up and beat sub zero in a tag team fashion.

I think sequentially the middle tower is the one you should fo after the tutorial

I didn't see anything but that might have been me. It does say that you can fight him with friends online but I don't have PS+ so fuck me I guess.
You cant use augments in tag bosses

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
you can use kustomized visuals in ranked. Whatever is your load out 1 or set to default will be your visuals, but you still have to use tournament presets.

To set a variation to default press select in the kustomize menu. It'll get a little star icon in the corner.
Thank you for clearing that up. One of the issues when people get games early and jump on forums is misinformation can be spread.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You just play D'Vorah like a proper subject of our maggot queen to put zoners in their place. Next question.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
People who have the game already: do you think the towers would be easier by unlocking and doing each level with every character so that you can farm upgrade mats and shit instead of going with a single character? It's gonna suck if you only wanted the stuff for your character(s) but maybe that's what they were going for?

Like, by the time you unlock a new tier of towers you already have some stuff you need from doing the previous ones? idk

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People who have the game already: do you think the towers would be easier by unlocking and doing each level with every character so that you can farm upgrade mats and shit instead of going with a single character? It's gonna suck if you only wanted the stuff for your character(s) but maybe that's what they were going for?

Like, by the time you unlock a new tier of towers you already have some stuff you need from doing the previous ones? idk
I don't think the augments will do shit. The best ones I have give me +9% damage on specific moves or +3% damage overall.
Each gear can have upto 2 augments. So assuming I get super lucky and get +5% overall damage on all my gear. That's 30% overall DPS increase if all my gear has that augment. Considerable, but konsumables are way more significant for these fights

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I don't think the augments will do shit. The best ones I have give me +9% damage on specific moves or +3% damage overall.
Each gear can have upto 2 augments. So assuming I get super lucky and get +5% overall damage on all my gear. That's 30% overall DPS increase if all my gear has that augment. Considerable, but konsumables are way more significant for these fights
That sounds terrible. I really want to give them the benefit of the doubt but if not even grinding gets you to the level you need then it does sound like it's intentional.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Got the game. Anyone else that entered their Shao code and he still shows up as locked?

Love Kotal so far. But damn I can't string combos for shit, what are the best control options? Got medium for window and negative edge off. Furthermore in regard to Kotal, his story mode variation was great, but kinda gpt dissappointed when that got spread across his two variatioms. Feels like you miss out on the full potential of a character.

Also, I don't get the 1212 string for Liu Kang. It just doesn't trigger.

Loving it so far however!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

And it looks jank as hell. I hope this isn't final.

That's a wavedash, it always looks like that but if you're concerned about how it looks, it won't be that big a deal in real matches, he is just spamming it here to show the timing and the speed of movement. In real match it's just used sporadically depending on the situation, not something you'd see as the sole way to move around. It's a good option.

Yeah, that needs to get patched out.

Why ?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Back to a past question, in case you finished the story mode, is there any choice to change the outcome of the ending?

Thx in advance.

Just finished the story and there are unfortunately no real choices to make with different outcomes. For some battles you can chose from two fighters, but it does make no difference to how the story progresses. (Maybe the items you receive differs. But you get only one time rewarded. So you can't repeat the section with the other fighter and get rewarded with items for that fighter too.)
I am honestly a bit surprised there are no alternate paths/endings since this is about time travel and since Injustice 2 had that. Hm... I'm kinda disappointed actually.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Just finished the story and there are unfortunately no real choices to make with different outcomes. For some battles you can chose from two fighters, but it does make no difference to how the story progresses. (Maybe the items you receive differs. But you get only one time rewarded. So you can't repeat the section with the other fighter and get rewarded with items for that fighter too.)
I am honestly a bit surprised there are no alternate paths/endings since this is about time travel and since Injustice 2 had that. Hm... I'm kinda disappointed actually.
Well that's dissapointing, since they re-introduced the time travel/merging shenanigans, i was positive it would follow Injustice 2 route and have at least two endings.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Got the game. Anyone else that entered their Shao code and he still shows up as locked?

Love Kotal so far. But damn I can't string combos for shit, what are the best control options? Got medium for window and negative edge off. Furthermore in regard to Kotal, his story mode variation was great, but kinda gpt dissappointed when that got spread across his two variatioms. Feels like you miss out on the full potential of a character.

You Xbox?

Because I seen other Xbox players have this issue

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017

Yes I too on Xbox didn't get Shao unlocked after redeeming my code.

Like Jade and others you need to input some strings in (that one in particular) super quick.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Game is going to be a mess at launch with a lot of fixes that need to be made with certain characters, as is typical. The game will smooth itself out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.