• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Acid pit level I want to return

Given how insanely violent the fatalities have become, I can only imagine the gleeful brutality of an acid bath in MK11. :)

I'm envisioning them thrashing about wildly as their eyeballs dissolve in their sockets and their flesh melts and oozes off their bones like candle wax.

So yeah, that's on my wish list too. :)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Given how insanely violent the fatalities have become, I can only imagine the gleeful brutality of an acid bath in MK11. :)

I'm envisioning them thrashing about wildly as their eyeballs dissolve in their sockets and their flesh melts and oozes off their bones like candle wax.

So yeah, that's on my wish list too. :)
I can only imagine. MK9 feels like forever ago and it was still pretty effective.
InsistentShallowChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

1449668182152415147.jpg

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
It's just you.
I find the stages to be full of detail, more dynamic and overall better than what we had in MKX. Come to think of it, besides the Lin Kuei Temple, that raining stage and obviously The Pit 2, MKX's stages were really mediocre. From what has been revealed, I already like MK11's offerings better, sans that desert stage.

Really? The outworld market and jungle were mediocre? I love those stages, they had absolutely tons going out. All those cool beasts and creatures in the marketplace.

The new stages certainly aren't bad but it feels like they just need a bit more life, more creatures or NPCs maybe?
I know there are a lot in the Kano bar stage but they're just silhouettes and the foreground is super dull, just concrete, rubble and trash.
Still, plenty more to be revealed so I'm sure I'll love some of them!

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out that "TER" refers to Geras and is likely just a tentative name from the early stages of development. We're not getting Terminator (on the base roster, anyway).

IMG-20190211-WA0008.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out that "TER" refers to Geras and is likely just a tentative name from the early stages of development. We're not getting Terminator (on the base roster, anyway).

IMG-20190211-WA0008.jpg

Looks like we've got three character slots open then.

There were 20 characters listed in the leak, Kitana and Johnny are locks so that makes it 22. With Geras now confirmed to be TER and Shao Kahn unlikely to have one as he's dlc, we should have three more slots in the roster we don't know about.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly, i am starting to think that all the Kombat Kids are making it, Takeda was by far the most popular so him not being in would be surprising. I think it's going to be Kung Jin,Takeda and Rain.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope we get an 'alive' version of Jade in her default costume. I prefer it to her alternate outfits tbh even though I like the brown/green colour scheme.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'm betting there will be a lot of classic costume skins in the game, especially for the ninjas. Although curious if they'll be purchase only, or can be acquired in a very expensive area of the Krypt.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This video explains how the costume system works in the game

Oh no, I know you unlock skins through the Towers Of Time. I mean Classic skins, that make the characters look like they did in MK1-3. The kind they usually charge money for. Although both Sonya and Scorpion seem to already have classic-ish skins, so we'll see.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Oh no, I know you unlock skins through the Towers Of Time. I mean Classic skins, that make the characters look like they did in MK1-3. The kind they usually charge money for. Although both Sonya and Scorpion seem to already have classic-ish skins, so we'll see.

Well we know there is regional based skins. Such as Kold War Scarlet and special Brazil costume for Kano.

MKX had a bunch of these that were part of the Kombat Pass, so I'd say it'll be more of the same.

I think the best part of the costume system in MK11 is that stats are not tied to the pieces so we have pretty full customization in the sense of having the movesets and looks we want without compromise unlike Injustice 2.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So

-KOL
-CET
-TER

Are all indeed newcomers, just that TER is Geras and already announced. So a minimum of 3 newcomers for this game!

Last edited:

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
So

-KOL
-CET
-TER

Are all indeed newcomers, just that TER is Geras and already announced. So a minimum of 3 newcomers for this game.!
I guess they weren't kidding when they said it would be a lot of fan favorites returning.

Also, if TER was from an earlier name for Geras, I guess we can't really rely on the other two to guess a name.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Has MK11 marketing's gone too far??

Paging Ed Boon.

Kitana is actually the queen of 2019 brazilian carnaval, as random as that sounds. lol Ps: she about to throw her fans at the lady who interrupted her choreography. Finish her!

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sonya and Cassie? What a waste of a slot, some may even say a waste of two slots ... Is there a huge fanbase for the earthrealm characters, never understood why they shove so many of them into each game.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hope NRS start announcing more stuff soon, this slow drip feed is killing me.
2 (or more) character announcements/showings per week would be a good start, seeing as we're 9 weeks from release.

I can't remember - were the character reveals for IJ2 and MKX also this close to release? 2/3rds of the roster not shown yet seems kind of late...

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about it, I'm pretty sure that Sub Zero doesn't have the dragon medallion because Frost stole it from him. Who knows, maybe she gives it to Kronika and works for her.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
This is a super minor complaint, but it's kind of weird that the official site still doesn't have a roster section. The site hasn't changed much since the game was announced.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
This is a super minor complaint, but it's kind of weird that the official site still doesn't have a roster section. The site hasn't changed much since the game was announced.
Yeah, this, together with the announcement of characters but no other footage other than character artwork (Kano, D'vorah, Shao Kahn) seems kind of strange, like the characters aren't finished and for a game that's still many months away. I understand releasing information in little bursts and not blow the load at once to keep the hype up, but this slow crawl is irritating.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this, together with the announcement of characters but no other footage other than character artwork (Kano, D'vorah, Shao Kahn) seems kind of strange, like the characters aren't finished and for a game that's still many months away. I understand releasing information in little bursts and not blow the load at once to keep the hype up, but this slow crawl is irritating.

Indeed. I don't know why it's more annoying this time than it was with MKX and IJ2. I guess because we had a whole years of waiting for those two games between their announcement and the release.

Cyros

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like every fighting game pre-release cycle is filled with comments about how there aren't enough characters being announced/shown off fast enough.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
If I was NRS marketing, I would give you guys a slow creep of reveals until late March, then unleash a barrage to make sure everyone knows MK is coming in the month leading up to release.

It's one thing if the game is announced a year out, but with the reveal happening so close to release, I'd just blitz the last month and call it a day.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, it would be better if we didn't have a handful of confirmed characters that we haven't actually seen in action yet.

Hell, we've had more in game footage of Liu Kang than we have Kano, D'vorah and Shao Kahn.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So what are Noob's chances?

Shinnok will not be in so Noob needs to be to get my full attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.