• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Can't believe they wasted a slot on Jacqui
vAhkBC.gif

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ermac has ascended beyond his petty ninja origins, he is green stuff mummy man.

Bring back mummy man. Or at least give Jacqui an Ermac costume.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I'm pretty sure at this point half of the cast is considered a "wasted slot".

Sonya, Cassie, Johnny, Jacqui... All just waste of slots.

We have too many Special Forces character. So let's add yet another Ninja.
At least the ninjas are interesting because most of them focus on one different element/ability (fire, ice, water, telekinesis, etc.)
But we have Erron, Jacqui, Cassie, Sonya who are just different ways of using guns.
Jacqui is also boring af, so if they already wasted a slot on her I hope they make her interesting.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ermac should never come back if he's just going to be a mummy again, and I say that as someone who's favourite character is Ermac.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mortal Kombat 9 Ermac was peak Ermac and you literally cannot tell me otherwise. I mean, look at this fucking god tier design

latest

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird to think the main "villain" of that movie is playable in MKX, and so is one of the people in this gif. And If the Terminator rumour pans out and its Arnold, then both people will have been playable in MK. *mind blown*.

We just need Jean-Claude Van Damme to voice Johnny and the circle is complete.

OP
OP
Sento

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder how they are going to reveal 13 characters + Shao Kahn + At least 3 DLC characters in 6 weeks.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Do they usually reveal some DLC characters before release? With Inj 2 didn't they only show silhouettes? Or maybe it was 3 and the rest were silhouettes.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
My personal expectation is that they'll do 2 at a time in regards to the DLC schedule. One legacy character and one guest.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I could see the weekly reveals/Kombat Kast schedule going something like this:

March 13 - Jacqui & Erron Black (gameplay snippets of both were shown in the story trailer)
March 20 - Liu Kang & Kung Lao
March 27 - D'Vorah & Kotal Kahn
April 3 - Kitana & Jax
April 10 - Kollector & Frost
April 17 - Cetrion & Noob Saibot

I think there's a good gender balance and thematic variety to those pairings. The newcomers and dormant veterans would come towards the end.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
So many people have quoted it basically saying "wow, I wasn't gonna buy this game but now I just might".

Ya boi out here marketing this game better than WB.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Like, everything about Johnny in this game is incredible on a presentation level. Intro dialogue. Costumes (apart from the default). Outros. Brutality win pose. Fatality. Round win animations. Gear/customisation screen animations. It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.