• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say, it's weird playing a new MK game and actually play the footsies game. Baraka's F4 is godlike, and so is his "gutted" special. His command throw is also really good, but it requires further testing, which I can't do in this stress test.

Also, Scorpion's "Misery Blade" stance is going to be a problem for newbies.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Once you get used to the movements and such and it clicks, boy does it click!

I'm honestly just a casual player but being dropped in the pool with everyone as the first and same time and getting to grips with things quick has been rewarding. The only match I've lost today in the 15+ I've played was the first one. lol

Oh, I completely forgot you can tag moves you want from the list so they're on screen...lol

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Scorpion is so much fun to play.
giphy.gif

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think I'm honestly going to wait until the full release, even though I should get access to the preorder beta, as crazy as that sounds. Everything about the slower pace sounds very exciting to me.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like playing as Baraka but I win more with Scorpion lol

I feel like I get away with a lot more bullshit as Scorpion though. Hasn't made it any easier to defend against it though.

Also I forgot that NRS games have that thing that tells you if a player is wired or wireless. Why doesn't every fighting game have that!?

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I like playing as Baraka but I win more with Scorpion lol

I feel like I get away with a lot more bullshit as Scorpion though. Hasn't made it any easier to defend against it though.

Also I forgot that NRS games have that thing that tells you if a player is wired or wireless. Why doesn't every fighting game have that!?
Since XL, NRS has been running circles around basically every other fighting game dev when it comes to online.

Perks of being in an area where a lot of people have shitty internet, I suppose.

Oct 26, 2017
So, why did Netherrealm removed the roster from their website ?

A realistic answer is that it wasn't ready yet. Geras' bio listed him as "Terminas", which lined up with the Steam Achievements leak.

But also, these empty boxes:

They're making people think the base roster is actually 28 or 29 characters, which lines up with a supposed leak/rumor listing three secret characters on the base roster.

So, another less realistic answer is that NRS wants to quash those theories.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone has an extra Xbox or PS4 code I'd love to have it. Been waiting on this game for a while but missed the sign up.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Since XL, NRS has been running circles around basically every other fighting game dev when it comes to online.

Perks of being in an area where a lot of people have shitty internet, I suppose.

To be fair, it think its mostly the western devs who consistently do good online, its the japanese side that still lags behind in that dept with varying success

Masterblaster

Nov 13, 2017
So i got in even tough i am not in the US but have a US PSN account (gave it a shot but didn't actually think i would get picked lol). Game looks and plays awesome. And the netcode seems to be pretty great as well based on the few matches i had. Since you only can check moves ahead of a match if you go into the customize character part of the game its a bit of a tossup on who you play against. Most of the time i get my ass handed to me by people who are already dishing out combos while i am at best lucky to get of a standard string with some special moves here and there.

Overall looks and feels great already. Hope the open beta will have a bit more content to try out (at least some practice mode or something).

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Oh man I wanna play! If anyone has a code it would be appreciated, i'm away the weekend of the beta so it's my only chance to play before launch.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
Yeah without any way to practice or even look at my moves or combos for more than half a second before getting combo'd to infinity the beta isn't doing much for me. It's cool that you can preview the intros and outros tho

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah without any way to practice or even look at my moves or combos for more than half a second before getting combo'd to infinity the beta isn't doing much for me. It's cool that you can preview the intros and outros tho

Your best bet is to honestly just luck upon someone who doesn't know infinite combos or whatever. I just fought against the same player for nearly an hour and a half and, while I was losing more than winning, I took that time to learn the ins and outs of Skarlet and get an idea of how to block and counter Scorpion.

During the intros, you can take a quick peek at the move set and just use different rounds to practice them.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Watching Kethup and Mustard play each other and lab stuff was great. The game doesn't seem slow to me at all. Sure slower than MKX, but almost everything is slower than MKX. The main complaint everyone seems to agree with is that the dash needs to be faster, and Ed Boon already tweeted that movement will be improved in the final build.

Can't wait.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
The combo drop and launcher after a FB are both weird decisions that need to go away.
The game absolutely does not need any form of Combo Breaker, the combos are short.

They can keep the knockback attack from a FB, but the launcher is a really bad idea and makes certain strings way to risky.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The combo drop and launcher after a FB are both weird decisions that need to go away.
The game absolutely does not need any form of Combo Breaker, the combos are short.

They can keep the knockback attack from a FB, but the launcher is a really bad idea and makes certain strings way to risky.

Yeah, that was a pretty sound writeup from what I understand about the game and it makes those mechanics look really questionable. I don't know if those are considered too big of changes to make before launch as I imagine they're about to go gold very soon. Maybe day-1 fixes? I do hope they re-work those.

I do agree with no chip kills on DOT. I tend to think no chip kills is good to except for Fatal Blows.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The perfect block should be just like alpha counter like SFA and SFV. Just a get off me move and reset the game for both players. And delete combo breaker pls they are always ass imo.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why do they keep teasing him like having him in MKX story, and on that menu picture in 11?
I know Boon likes to play games but if he's not actually in these teases are very frustrating.

I don't care if they said they'll never repeat DLC, just give us our purple prince!

What does the whole repeat DLC thing mean?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does the whole repeat DLC thing mean?

There's a quote from around prior to MKX's release from Boon where said something that was either no character will ever be sold as DLC twice (so Rain can never be DLC again) or no character will be sold as DLC twice in a row (so Rain wasn't DLC in MKX but he can be in MK11). The full quote at this point is lost to time as no one can seem to remember for sure what he said, with some believing he said the former and some believing the latter.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So no Reptile as it seems... I know he was shit on a lot... Design and storywise and people nowadays do not care about him.

But for me.he always will be the badass green ninja and first secret character ever and I find it sad that he won't be in according to the leaks

Alone for his role in the first MK movie he will be always be my number one.

Still think it was a mistake trying to make him full reptile somehow because it hurt him a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.