• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017

qg2l_kombatantssssss.png

f595_blank.png
f595_blank.png

ez35_kunglao.png
l9px_jax.png
8c6o_liukang.png
f595_blank.png

f595_blank.png
lunl_kotalkahn.png
m6b9_cassiecage.png
s82b_kano.png
4vx3_jacqui.png
f595_blank.png

f595_blank.png
8o85_johnnycage.png
nyon_baraka.png
drhp_sonya.png
dal7_jade.png
f595_blank.png

ffj_geras.png
jqan_scorpion.png
9yk3_subzero.png
6lov_kabal.png

uzx_raiden.png
f22y_skarlet.png

f595_blank.png

Other Confirmed characters:

D'Vorah
Erron Black
Noob Saibot
Shao Kahn (Pre-Order DLC)
Shang Tsung (DLC)

zix_stagesssss.png

hz72_fotojet.png

Last edited:

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Given the third and brand new character standing by a giant hourglass, and the second scorpion (probably a past scorp) theres going to be timeline fuckery involved again. That pretty much means that literally any character and version of that character can show up from any point in this game if the starting point goes back further if my guess is right.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
The preorder character is Shao Kahn, check the trailer on the MK twitter. There's also a beta.

SUPARNOVAX

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Probably too much to ask for a competitive version of MK that gets long term support like SFV as a GaaS I guess?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddam, so hyped to start the cycle again. Here's my [updated] picks;

Desperately want

Frost
Noob
Smoke
Rain
Ermac

Really want

Kai
Reptile
Cassie Cage
Havik
Hotaru
Cryax
Sektor

Last edited:

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait for my man Reptile to be announced.
And bring back Nightwolf & Skarlet. Ferra probably doesn't have any chance to return eh? Lol

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hoping for Noob and Smoke.
Not as one character this time.
Rain would also be good. Also at least one cyborg.

Also please give me more female characters that aren't comically sexed up. Then I'll be good. Thanks.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Was this announced at TGA? Didn't get to watch the whole thing.

Bring back KABAL.

SuperBonk

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Goddam, so hyped to start the cycle again. Here's my picks;

Desperately want

Frost
Noob
Smoke
Rain

Really want

Ermac
Kai
Reptile
Cassie Cage
Havik
Hotaru
Cryax
Sektor
This is like the 2nd time I've seen someone ask for Havik and that's already super strange to me.

Bonus points for including Hotaru though.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-order only stuff again? This kills the hype for me sorry. Shame , it was my highlight of the show.

I hope there will be another complete version like Mortal Kombat XL (which wasn't 100% complete and you still needed to purchase extra costumes).

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Btw, the second Scorpion, was that the one from the first timeline or just another alternate costume? If this happens then different timelines may be entwined and involved. It would be so cool to see that evil Raiden being the surviving one from the first timeline.

Spoilers:

There are two timelines, the original Trilogy and the dark timeline. This is possibly Dark Raiden.
You can also customize outfits in this game like Injustice 2 so light as well be a unique outfit.

Oh man, if only this is true. That woudl be epic.

So sad your character is pre-order only. :(

Menik

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Jade. I really want to see Jade back. I loved the designs they had for Kitana, and it left me with the feeling of what could have been. I'd also like to see Reptile back.

MK lately has a trend going where they invite popular horror figures into the series. I'm neutral to the additions, but I'm curious as to who they might include this time around.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to be that annoying guy, but what is the name of the music in the trailer? Liked the sound of it.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Give me the whole MK1-2 roster ( human smoke & human reptile ) plus
Cyrax & Sektor
Havik
Takeda
Kenshi
Reiko
Frost
Quan Chi

for stages; MK2 armory and Dead pool
...and we are set

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I know publishers can't wait to announce pre-orders as soon as possible, and I'm mostly fine with it, but can they at least wait until at least showing gameplay first?!

Also, all I need is Kitana.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Give me the whole MK1-2 roster ( human smoke & human reptile ) plus
Cyrax & Sektor
Havik
Takeda
Kenshi
Reiko
Frost
Quan Chi

for stages; MK2 armory and Dead pool
...and we are set
Given the logo matches up with MK II, I am really hoping they are pulling from MK2 history/timeline and the means human Reptile.

I also hope it means that MK2 timeline characters will play closer to that game while MK 11 characters will be a semblance of MKX playstyle. Newer characters having the target combo and special move links... Whereas MK2 characters will be more about hard hitting shorter combos where you use special moves to connect up with a juggle before another special move. Subtle difference, but would love for a remaster/revisit of what made MK2 stand out so well during the reign of Street Fighter II

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Given the logo matches up with MK II, I am really hoping they are pulling from MK2 history/timeline and the means human Reptile.

I also hope it means that MK2 timeline characters will play closer to that game while MK 11 characters will be a semblance of MKX playstyle. Newer characters having the target combo and special move links... Whereas MK2 characters will be more about hard hitting shorter combos where you use special moves to connect up with a juggle before another special move. Subtle difference, but would love for a remaster/revisit of what made MK2 stand out so well during the reign of Street Fighter II

Yup, exactly what I want; as I get older, I'm getting sick of complicated combos that need enormous amount of inputs… I need some characters with shorter and hard hitting combos for much more strategic gameplay like back in the day, mk1-2 and sf2... good times...

Windforce

Dec 8, 2017
I just hope Kitana is in, and her face looks better than it did in X. I actually prefered using the mask...

Edit: just watched the trailer, the music was bad and out of place.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shinnok
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Mileena
Baraka
Sindel
Kabal
Reptile
Shao Kahn
Ermac
D'Vorah
Sektor.

I imagine I'll get about 5 or maybe 6 of those.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
I guess the leak is real so I am happy to have Jade and Li Mei back. On the other hand sad to see Mileena go, but hey there is always DLC...

I just hope Kitana is in, and her face looks better than it did in X. I actually prefered using the mask...

Edit: just watched the trailer, the music was bad and out of place.

I think injustice 2 proved that NR finally learned how to properly model female faces (or faces in general for that matter).

Status
Not open for further replies.